If you’ve sustained injuries in a collision with a semi-truck or similarly large vehicle, a commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Cypress, TX, with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, can take care of all the tasks pursuing recovery so that you can focus on feeling better.
You should know your legal options, including your right to seek damages. Call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Understanding Commercial Vehicle Accidents
Any vehicle that is used solely for commercial or business use is considered a commercial vehicle. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, Harris County had 5,767 accidents involving commercial vehicles in 2018. Statewide, there were more than 37,500 of these types of collisions that same year.
A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Cypress, TX, with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, may be able to help you recover damages from an accident involving any type of commercial vehicle, including:
- 18-Wheelers and Semi-trucks
- Motor coaches
- Town cars
- Utility trucks
- Construction vehicles
- Fleet cars for a business or municipality
You should call a commercial vehicle accident lawyer as soon as possible. Texas statutes limit your time to take legal action. You generally have only two years to file a personal injury lawsuit under Texas law. It takes time to build a powerful case, so please call today for a free case evaluation today.
Commercial Vehicle Accidents Can Be Complex
Commercial vehicle accidents may have more than one involved party. For example, if you were injured in an accident involving a delivery truck, a lawyer may identify several liable parties, including the:
- Delivery company
- Truck’s owner (if the company leases the vehicle from a third-party)
- Cargo loader
- Truck’s manufacturer, if it was a defective part that caused the accident
- Safety inspector
People who drive and operate commercial vehicles usually must complete special training. Some vehicles, such as 18-wheeler and semi-trucks, require special licenses. A lack of proper training or licensing can help support your claim of the driver being negligent.
Let a Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer Help You
A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Cypress, TX, with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, can protect your rights and help you pursue recovery through a careful process that may include:
- Securing evidence such as photos or videos of the accident site and of your damaged vehicle
- Consulting your healthcare provider (with your permission) about how your injuries affect your personal and professional future
- Reviewing police reports and witness statements
- Conducting follow-up interviews with law enforcement and witnesses
- Communicating with all liable parties or their representatives
The defendant’s insurance company wants to settle your claim with a low-ball offer. While we cannot guarantee the outcome of any case, our firm has successfully recovered damages for many men and women who were injured by someone else’s negligence.
A member of our team is happy to talk with you now. For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
We Secure Evidence to Show Liability
Most negligent drivers do not readily admit wrongdoing. It is up to you, the plaintiff, to show how the other party acted recklessly or failed to act, causing the accident and your injuries.
A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Cypress, TX, from our firm will use evidence and testimony to determine that:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care to prevent injury;
- The at-fault party breached this duty of care for some reason, either through careless behavior or omission;
- This negligence caused your injuries; and
- Your injuries resulted in damages, such as medical bills and pain and suffering.
The at-fault party (or defendant) may try to place most of the blame on you. The defendant’s insurance company may also try to make it difficult to recover damages.
Potentially Recoverable Damages
It is your right to seek recovery from all liable parties. We are a law firm who will fight for the recovery that you may be entitled to receive, including financial recovery for:
- Ambulance and emergency room services
- Hospital stays
- Imaging tests and lab work
- Prescription medicine
- Lost wages during the time that you were injured and recovering
- Diminished earning capacity, if applicable
- Property damage including temporary transportation and repairs
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
If you suffered extensive or significant injuries that resulted in a chronic medical condition, disability, or loss of a bodily function, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, may consult with subject matter experts to seek appropriate damages. These experts may include physicians, vocational counselors, and financial advisors.
If You Lost a Loved One in a Commercial Vehicle Accident
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) reports more than 5,000 people die from collisions with commercial vehicles in 2017. If a family member passed away due to injuries sustained in a commercial vehicle collision, please accept our deepest condolences.
A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Cypress, TX, with our firm may be able to obtain financial recovery for you and other surviving family members with a wrongful death claim or lawsuit.
The type of damages that you could recover may include:
- Medical bills until the time of your loved one’s passing
- Final expenses
- Lost income had your loved one lived to a normal life expectancy
- Loss of consortium or companionship
We may be able to pursue other forms of damages, depending on the circumstances of your case.
To Learn About More, Call Our Firm
Please do not guess about your legal rights or if you are entitled to financial recovery for your injuries and losses. Call a commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Cypress today.
For a free case evaluation, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today: (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Why Do Traumatic Brain Injury Claims Have Such Large Verdicts & Settlements?
- What If Your Spouse Can No Longer Have Children After a Car Accident?
- Do You Need to Pay a Retainer For Our Personal Injury Lawyers?
- Who Do You Sue If Your Car Accident Was Caused By A Tire Blowout in Texas?
- Are the Benefits From Workers’ Compensation Taxable In Texas?