Take charge after a truck accident in DeSoto, Texas, by reaching out to a professional legal team for help. A truck accident lawyer serving DeSoto can take steps to help you secure financial recovery following your collision.
You can learn more about all your legal options and how the team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can help.
Commercial Truck Accidents in DeSoto
Commercial truck accidents can involve many different kinds of vehicles, including 18-wheelers and semi trucks. Dump trucks, garbage trucks, cement mixer trucks, and heavy construction equipment also represent examples of commercial vehicles.
These vehicles play an important role in our economy. Unfortunately, they also become involved with accidents on a regular basis. According to the National Safety Council (NSC), around 147,000 people sustained injuries in accidents involving large trucks in 2020.
These accidents caused more injuries to passengers in other vehicles than the drivers of the commercial vehicles.
Factors That Contribute to Truck Accidents
Any vehicle can end up in a collision in DeSoto. However, truckers have a number of issues working against the safe operation of their vehicles. Large trucks often weigh much more than passenger vehicles. According to the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety (IIHS), this increased weight contributes to the fact that trucks take much longer to stop than smaller vehicles.
Large trucks also have a higher center of gravity. This factor makes them more likely to roll over if they take a turn too fast, for example. These trucks also have major blind spots:
- To both sides
- Behind the back of the trailer
- In front of the cab
Drivers may constantly check these blind spots in order to operate their vehicles safely. Unfortunately, some drivers fail to pay full attention to the road when on the job.
Your Steps After a Truck Accident in DeSoto
Many drivers feel unsure about what steps to take following a collision with a commercial vehicle. If possible, truck accident professionals recommend that you:
- Inform the police about your accident
- Get contact information from the truck driver and witnesses
- Take pictures of your injuries and the damage to your vehicle
- Seek medical care for any injuries you sustained
- Reach out to a legal professional for help
Working with a truck accident attorney serving DeSoto right away can allow you to get specific guidance about your situation. Generally, it’s recommended that you speak with a lawyer before contacting the other driver’s insurance company.
You may also want to avoid certain actions after a DeSoto truck accident. For example, it’s usually a good idea to avoid posting about the accident on social media or admitting any fault for what happened. These actions can weaken your truck accident claim.
DeSoto Truck Accident Injuries
You may experience a number of injuries following a truck accident in DeSoto, Texas. We often provide assistance to clients who experienced:
- Broken bones or fractures
- Injuries to their head, brain, neck, or spine
- Internal injuries and organ damage
- Cuts and burns
The costs for medical care around the country continue to rise, which may lead to high healthcare expenses following a collision. However, you may have the chance to secure financial recovery for your current and future medical expenses.
A lawyer may also help you secure damages to cover your:
- Lost wages at work
- Diminished earning potential
- Vehicle repairs
- Pain and suffering
Speak to us about the losses you sustained so we can begin working on a personalized claim. We’re ready to discuss your case right now.
Services Provided by DeSoto Truck Accident Attorneys
You can secure professional help handling the aftermath of a truck accident in DeSoto, Texas. Our team begins by discussing exactly what happened with you, listening to your side of the story, and asking follow-up questions.
After our initial discussion, we can provide advice about your next options. We also:
- Handle communication with the insurance company and truck driver
- Investigate by questioning witnesses, reviewing the police report, and working with experts
- Track the expenses associated with your accident
- Help you file your claim on time
- Take steps to bring you financial recovery
We believe in working diligently for our clients from the time you reach out to us until the resolution of your claim. Learn more today.
Possible Fault for a Truck Accident in DeSoto
We focus on determining who caused your truck accident in DeSoto so we can appropriately seek financial recovery in your case. In some cases, truck drivers cause these collisions, often by breaking the rules of the road and:
- Backing up without looking
- Changing lanes without checking their blind spots
- Exceeding the speed limit
- Pulling an oversize or improperly secured load
However, they do not hold all the responsibility in all cases. In some cases, we pursue the trucking company, especially if the company didn’t perform proper maintenance or higher drivers without the proper training.
We can also help you build a claim against the company that manufactured the truck if a dangerous defect caused the collision.
Secure Legal Help Following a DeSoto Truck Accident
Start working with our team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ today. This way, you can focus on your physical recovery while also pursuing financial recovery. We can handle your case from start to finish. You can complete our online contact form to provide us with information about your accident, so we can better answer your questions.
Allow us to handle your truck accident case. Call us as soon as possible.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What’s the Most That a Pedestrian Can Sue for Car Accident Injuries in Texas?
- Who Can Be Liable for a Truck Accident in Texas?
- What if You Have Trouble Paying Medical Bills After a Serious Car Accident?
- Can I Sue for Pregnancy Complications Following a Car Accident?
- What Can You Recover for a Wrongful Death From a Truck Accident in Texas?