Traumatic brain injuries (TBI) can have lifelong consequences on your physical and mental health. A traumatic brain injury victim may need constant medical care and daily aid for months, years, or a lifetime.
It is difficult for most people to accurately assess the injuries and damages of these kinds of injuries. You deserve to know your rights and what kind of recovery you may be able to pursue. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation. A traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Deer Park is ready to help. Call (713) 850-8600.
How Most Traumatic Brain Injuries Occur
Traumatic brain injuries are the result of a violent blow or trauma to the head.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), traumatic brain injuries may occur as the result of:
- Motor vehicle accidents including truck, 18-wheeler, and semi truck, bus, car, motorcycle, bicycle, moped, scooter, or pedestrian
- Sports or recreation accidents
- Physical attack
- Construction, workplace, or industrial accidents
As TBI lawyers, we find that traumatic brain injuries are often due to someone’s negligence. If someone’s reckless action caused a traumatic brain injury to you or a loved one, please call a D. Miller & Associates, PLLC lawyer serving Deer Park: (713) 850-8600.
Prognosis for Traumatic Brain Injuries
Traumatic brain injuries range from mild (known as a concussion) to life-threatening. Recovering from a traumatic brain injury depends on several factors, including:
- How quickly the patient received medical care, including emergency surgery to relieve swelling of the brain.
- Severity of the blow or trauma.
- If the skull was fractured in one or more places.
- How long the patient was unconscious.
- If the skull penetrated the brain causing swelling, bleeding, and brain tissue loss.
- The patient’s age and overall health.
- Secondary injuries, infection, or complications.
A moderate to severe traumatic brain injury may have prolonged or permanent changes to a person’s cognitive and physical well-being.
The Cost of Traumatic Brain Injuries
Some traumatic brain injury victims may have to relearn how to walk, talk, and perform daily functions. Each person is different, the more severe the injury, the less likely they are to return to pre-injury status.
Many traumatic brain injury patients need extensive medical and lifecare for long-term conditions such as:
- Cognitive impairment and dysfunction
- Vertigo and/or dizziness
- Nerve damage
- Speech and language problems
- Impaired sight and hearing
- Disability including paralysis and mobility issues
Constant medical care and domestic services are expensive. That is why you should call a traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Deer Park to find out if you could recover damages for medical bills and other losses.
For a free case evaluation, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
How a Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer May Pursue Recovery for You
The days and weeks after a traumatic brain injury are chaotic. Very few people have the ability to handle the process to seek a recovery. Insurance adjusters are aware of this and sometimes try to pressure you into a quick settlement. That is when you should call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC.
Our lawyers, paralegals, and professional staff are ready to help you and your family. Since 2002, our firm has helped countless clients obtain recovery for their injuries and damages.
Our process for pursuing recovery includes:
- Conducting a thorough examination of the circumstances that led to the injury.
- Analyzing accident reports, police reports, and witness statements.
- Reviewing all evidence and documentation that may include photos, videos, and medical test results.
- Securing experts on the physical, cognitive, and emotional harm from a traumatic brain injury.
- Obtaining an evaluation of your injuries and prognosis from your medical provider.
Financial Recovery in a Traumatic Brain Injury Case
For the past few years, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has organized a community fundraiser called Ride for TBI. As traumatic brain injury lawyers, we know the enormous burden that this catastrophic injury has on the patient and family.
We will fight for your financial recovery for damages that may include:
- Emergency medical care and ongoing medical treatment
- Lifecare costs
- Loss of income
- Reduced earning ability due to injury
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
We invite you to call today for a free, no-obligation case evaluation. Our traumatic brain injury lawyers work on a contingency basis only. Contact D. Miller & Associates, PLLC: (713) 850-8600. A member of our team is happy to meet with you at the hospital or your home.
Any Head Injury Should Be Treated Immediately
Traumatic brain injuries are serious because they can lead to permanent brain damage. This is why we urge you to seek medical care for any trauma to the head.
Mayo Clinic reports these common symptoms of a traumatic brain injury:
- Severe headache
- Neck pain
- Ringing in the ears
- Dizziness, loss of balance, or vertigo
- Extreme nausea and vomiting
- Speech that is slurred or distorted
- Dilated pupils (one or both eyes)
- Uncontrolled spasms, seizures, or convulsions
- Weakness or numbness in the arms and legs
- Difficulty awakening from sleep
After Medical Care, Call a Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer
A medical professional can provide you or your loved one with the proper care needed for a traumatic brain injury. A traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Deer Park from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will protect your legal rights and help you pursue the financial recovery you deserve.
For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Who Is Legally Responsible for Your Injuries in an Accident with a Bus in Texas?
- Does the At-Fault Party’s Insurance Pay Your Car Accident Damages in Texas?
- What Can You Recover for a Wrongful Death From a Truck Accident in Texas?
- Whose Insurance Do You File a Dog Bite Injury Claim in Texas?
- What Should You Do After a Slip and Fall Accident?