You have legal options available following a truck accident in Texas. You can explore these options with a truck accident lawyer serving Deer Park from our team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLCᴿ.
We have been proudly serving clients in your situation since 2002. Allow us to put our experience and legal knowledge to work building a claim for you following a truck accident. We provide client-focused legal care so you can focus on your health while pursuing financial recovery.
Steps to Take After a Truck Accident in Deer Park
If you got hurt in a truck accident in Deer Park, you’re far from alone. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), trucks were involved in 114,000 injury accidents in 2019 alone.
These accidents often leave other drivers shaken and unsure of what steps to take next. The professionals recommend that you:
- Move your car out of the flow of traffic if possible
- Contact the police and report your accident
- Take pictures of the accident, vehicle damage, and your injuries
- Get contact information from the truck driver and any witnesses
- Seek medical care for your injuries
- Contact a lawyer for legal advice
You do not have to wait to seek assistance after an accident. In fact, the state of Texas generally only allows two years for you to file a claim after a collision. Secure answers to your question and begin your claim today with a truck accident attorney serving Deer Park.
Negligence Can Cause Truck Accidents in Deer Park
We understand the importance of establishing the cause of your Deer Park truck accident. Showing that someone else caused the accident can allow you to secure comparative fault recovery following a collision, especially with Texas’ laws on comparative fault.
In Texas, multiple drivers may hold some responsibility for an accident. The amount of financial recovery you receive depends upon your percentage of fault. We take steps to show that someone else caused the collision by investigating what happened.
Truckers may cause these collisions if they:
- Drive too fast
- Fail to pay attention to the road
- Fall asleep behind the wheel
- Ignore their blind spots when backing up or passing
- Overload or improperly load their trucks
As the Insurance Institute of Highway Safety (IIHS) points out, driver fatigue represents a major concern for truckers around the country.
Trucking companies also cause some accidents when they fail to properly maintain their vehicles. The IIHS points out that maintenance issues with brakes can represent a serious risk, especially while driving on wet roads.
Finally, sometimes accidents occur due to defects in the truck. In this situation, a truck accident attorney serving Deer Park can pursue the company that manufactured the truck on your behalf.
What Can a Truck Accident Lawyer Serving Deer Park Do for You?
Truck accident lawyers provide comprehensive care throughout each step of your accident claim. Our team works with you, listens to your concerns, and answers any questions you have about your legal case.
We focus on investigating the accident to ascertain liability. During this process, our team members can:
- Question the witnesses who saw the accident
- Obtain the police report and other evidence
- Work with truck accident specialists
- Handling conversations with insurance agents and the truck drivers on your behalf
- Negotiate with insurers
- Represent you in a trial
Our client testimonials speak to the client-focused legal care we provide.
Truck Accidents Injuries Can Be Severe
Deer Park truck accidents can have significant impacts on your life and the lives of members of your family. These accidents often leave other drivers with major injuries, including:
- Head and brain injuries
- Damage to the neck, back, and spinal cord
- Internal injuries or organ damage
- Broken bones, sprains, and strains
- Burns and cuts
Additionally, commercial vehicles can easily crush smaller cars, trucks, and vans. Therefore, you may end up needing to repair or replace your vehicle following a collision.
Financial Recovery for Deer Park Truck Accidents
Our team takes the results of a truck accident in Deer Park very seriously. We track all your losses and focus on helping you recover from these expenses. Filing a truck accident claim may give you the opportunity to collect funds to cover your damages:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Wages you lost during your recovery
- Diminished earning potential
- Vehicle repair or replacement expenses
- Pain, suffering, and mental anguish
We recommend that you keep all records related to your accident. We can use this official information when working on your claim in Deer Park.
Your Options for Handling Truck Accident Claims
Our team reviews the specific facts of your claim when you reach out to us for assistance. Based on what we discover, we may provide you with advice regarding your options to resolve the claim. In many cases, individuals choose to settle after a truck accident.
Settling involves accepting a deal from the insurance company. We generally recommend against taking the insurance company’s first offer, as they tend to offer a subpar settlement in the hope that you will accept it without considering all your losses.
You can allow your lawyer to look this deal over. Your lawyer can then submit a counteroffer, initiating negotiations with the insurance company. We keep you up-to-date throughout negotiations, so you feel comfortable about the state of your claim.
Lawsuits and Truck Accidents
You also have the option to file a lawsuit in some cases after a truck accident in Deer Park. However, keep in mind that this could take longer than settling and it could result in court charges. Discuss the option with your lawyer today.
Contact Us to Discuss Your Truck Accident Case
Allow a truck accident lawyer serving Deer Park, TX, to provide you with advice and support during this challenging time.
Contact our team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLCᴿ.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Should I Do if the Trucking Company Contacts Me After My Accident?
- What Happens If The Other Driver Was Drunk In My Texas Car Accident?
- What Can I Do if My Child Is Hit by a Car?
- When Do You Need to Involve the Police After an Auto Accident in Texas?
- Do You Need a Car Accident Attorney to Recover Money for Property Damage?