Car accidents come with several costs. Victims may need to seek expensive treatment for their injuries and replace their vehicles. Experiencing a car accident can be traumatic, too, causing weeks, months, or years of anxiety and stress.
If you were in a car accident in Denton, Texas, you have options. Accident victims have the right to pursue an insurance claim or lawsuit for their losses from a car accident. These approaches necessitate gathering evidence and negotiating with relevant parties, and a Denton car accident lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® can assist you with both.
How Much Will My Financial Recovery Be After a Car Accident in Denton?
Car accidents aren’t cheap. Per the National Security Council, the average cost of a cost accident is $29,200 (in accidents involving injuries). A settlement could offset or completely cover the costs associated with your accident. Denton car accident victims can access a range of damages by pursuing an insurance claim or lawsuit, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical expenses
- Vehicle repairs or replacement
- Lost wages
- Wrongful death
The value of your financial recovery will depend on the specifics of your case. Given the variability of car accident cases, it’s difficult to guess what your specific recovery will be without a close evaluation of the details. Some car accident cases involve wrongful death, too. If you’re faced with the loss of a loved one, we’re deeply sorry and want to help.
We can pursue these wrongful death damages on your behalf:
- Funeral, burial, and cremation expenses
- Medical expenses incurred before your loved one’s passing
- The loss of the decedent’s financial contributions to your family
Am I Required to Hire a Lawyer to Handle My Denton Car Accident?
Despite what you might think, Texas law does not require individuals pursuing a car accident insurance claim or lawsuit to hire a lawyer. However, car accident cases can be complex. The added stress of tangling with insurers or filing a lawsuit with a legal professional’s help can affect the outcome of your recovery process.
Our legal team can offer you peace of mind. A Denton car accident lawyer from our injury firm can provide you with a range of services so you can get back to what really matters, like checking in with your family or tending to your injuries.
We Can Deal With Insurance Companies for You While You Recover
Texas law mandates that every driver on the road carries liability insurance, with the following minimums enforced:
- $30,000 per person for personal injury
- $60,000 per accident for personal injury
- $25,000 for property damage
The presence of this insurance mandate means that most car accidents settle after dealing with insurers. Generally, this is a net positive for victims as it allows them to avoid going to court, which can be time-consuming and costly.
However, car accident insurers won’t always be in your corner. They may try to reduce the value of your settlement or suggest that you were somehow responsible for the accident. Even if insurers are cooperative, you will still need to expend precious energy communicating with them to decide on your settlement’s value.
We can completely take over this part of your case. If an insurer contacts you, you can defer to our team. We’ll discuss your settlement with insurers, identify bad-faith insurance practices, and fight for the best financial recovery possible. If your case necessitates a lawsuit, were not afraid of going to court, either.
We Can Gather Evidence to Build Your Denton Car Accident Case
Evidence is essential to car accident cases and injury cases in general. It can be used to highlight another party’s negligence and explain the events that led up to your accident. Evidence in a car accident case can include:
- Police or accident reports
- Witness statements
- Photographs of the collision scene
- Traffic camera footage
- Expert testimonials
- Your medical records
We Can Establish Liability
Every car accident case hinge on liability. Proving that another party caused your injuries is critical if you’re hoping to receive a settlement offer. A Denton car accident lawyer from our firm can work to establish liability by showing that:
- The liable party owed you a duty of care.
- They failed to adhere to this duty of care by behaving negligently.
- Their negligent behavior caused your accident.
- You suffered recoverable damages as a result.
Negligent behavior in car accident cases can take many forms. Keep your eyes peeled for these types of unsafe roadway behavior, as they could indicate that another driver was responsible for your accident:
- Ignoring roadway signage
- Drunk driving
- Distracted driving
- Driving while tired
We Can Treat You Like a Person, Not a Case Number
Few things are more frustrating than suffering from the consequences of another person’s negligent behavior. Our goal is never to contribute to this frustration. Dealing with a legal team doesn’t need to be a hassle. We can support you as you navigate your case in several ways:
- Quick, simple answers to your complicated legal questions
- Assistance with finding a doctor regardless of your health insurance coverage
- Aggressively pursue a financial recovery
- Act as your legal guide
- Communicate with relevant parties involved in your case on your behalf
This approach to legal matters – one that makes our clients a priority – is evident in our customer testimonials:
- “Very attentive and helpful law firm. Quick to answer your questions and explain tough legal language and made a negative time of my life have a positive outcome and brighter future.” – Daniel L.
- “Great firm and they follow up on everything and they make sure you are comfortable and that everything is correct with your claim I would highly recommend.” – Kiana S.
- “I highly recommend them because they are very professional and nonjudgmental. Made me feel extremely comfortable talking with them.” – Paulie D.
Don’t Run Down the Clock on Your Denton Car Accident Case
Under Texas law, claimants have two years from the date of their car accident to file an injury or wrongful death lawsuit. The context of your case can affect its deadline. Just because insurance claims are used more frequently than lawsuits to resolve car accident cases doesn’t mean you should ignore this deadline. Lawsuits are potent legal tools.
They can be used as bargaining chips during insurance negotiations and may be necessary if your accident involved an uninsured driver. Similarly, starting on your case sooner than later will provide our team with more to gather evidence. Our objective is to be as prepared as possible before pursuing a settlement.
Get Started on Your Denton Car Accident Case Today
Our lawyers serving Denton are ready to review your car accident case when you are. We can evaluate your case for free and at no obligation. Call out offices to get started today. No one should have to face insurers alone. We can help.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Can Medicare Take My Entire Personal Injury Recovery Settlement?
- What Qualities Should You Look For When Hiring A Personal Injury Lawyer In Houston?
- How Do I Know If I Am a Victim in the Sexual Abuse Case at UCLA?
- What Should You Do If You Are Injured In Bicycle Accident In Texas?
- What If I’m Injured in A Rental Car Accident in Houston?