If your family lost a loved one in a negligence-based accident, look no further for help than our wrongful death lawyers serving Denton. We can pursue the at-fault party for damages. You are not alone in building your wrongful death case because D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® can manage everything.
We will communicate with the at-fault party and their insurance provider, build a robust evidence file that establishes liability, and file your case on time. We never stop fighting for what you need. You can explore your options today during a free case evaluation.
What to Expect During Your Free Case Evaluation With Our Team
Our team wants you to fully understand your options moving forward. So, we offer free case evaluations where you can get answers to some of your most burning questions. We can also explain your legal rights, the benefits of partnering with our team, and what you could possibly recover.
We don’t want you to feel “in the dark” as you begin the claims process. We want you to feel fully confident as our team guides your case to a resolution.
Get Legal Support From Our Wrongful Death Team Serving Denton, TX
The loss of a family member can be difficult to recover from. While your family commemorates your loved one’s life, our legal team starts building your wrongful death case. To bolster and support your right to damages, we will:
- Investigate the cause of your loved one’s passing
- Compile supporting documents and evidence
- Identify your losses
- Prove the at-fault party’s negligence and liability
- Handle all case-related communications
- File all claim forms and legal filings on your behalf
- Negotiate a fair and appropriate monetary settlement
We will not hesitate to take your case to court, if necessary. We also provide ongoing updates on your case to ensure you are always aware of its progress. We never leave you guessing, and we never stop supporting your family throughout our partnership.
We Will Ensure the Right Family Members Take Legal Action
The sudden and unexpected loss of a family member is trying and emotional for their entire circle of loved ones. According to Texas law, though, only specific family members are legally permitted to file a wrongful death action.
These include the decedent’s:
Qualifying family members can change based on many factors related to your family’s dynamics. Our wrongful death lawyers will ensure your family understands these dynamics and upholds your legal rights.
We Will File Your Case in Accordance with the State’s Statutory Deadline
The sooner our law firm begins preparing your case, the more time we have to investigate, interview witnesses, and consult with field experts.
Being involved sooner rather than later also means we can file your case in compliance with the state’s statute of limitations. According to Texas law, you generally have two years from the date of your loved one’s passing to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
The loss of your loved one can leave your family reeling and unable to immediately take on the challenges of the legal system. While you take care of each other, we can take care of your wrongful death case.
Our Law Firm Will Fight to Recover Damages for Your Family in Denton County
We understand that nothing can make up for the loss of your loved one, but your family could recover damages for various losses.
The damages we request on your behalf include:
- Medical expenses related to your loved one’s cause of death
- Reasonable funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of your loved one’s earnings
- Loss of your loved one’s domestic contributions
- Loss of consortium, society, and companionship
- Various out-of-pocket expenses
Our case assessment team will evaluate your damages and ensure your case receives an accurate financial value.
Our Wrongful Death Attorneys Will Prove the At-Fault Party’s Negligence
Your family is entitled to monetary damages after losing a loved one to negligence. To prove negligence and seek damages, we will prove the other party:
- Had an obligation to act reasonably and with caution
- Failed to uphold this obligation
- Failure to uphold that obligation cCaused your loved one’s passing
- Owes you various damages
Proving these four elements requires us to have supporting information.
We Will Establish Negligence Using Evidence
Evidence collection is a crucial part of your family’s wrongful death case. Gathering evidence on your own can be emotionally overwhelming. When our legal team represents you, we bring a thorough and objective view to your case.
The evidence we collect to support your case will include:
- Medical records
- Accident reports
- Witness statements
- Photos and videos
- Autopsy reports
Leave evidence collection to our team. We will gather, organize, and submit your evidence to the appropriate insurance company.
Learn More About Working With Our Client-Focused Team
Founded in 2002, our personal injury law firm is focused on fighting for the best possible outcomes for the clients we represent. Of our dedication, previous clients say the following:
- Toni Vasquez: D. Miller & Associates is a top-notch law firm. The staff is pleasant and very knowledgeable. In addition, they provide service with a family feel. They don’t just tell you what you want to hear they tell you what you need to know!
- Bobby Cantu: D. Miller and Associates [is] one of the best personal injury law firms there is…Their friendly and professional staff are always available to answer any questions and always happy to help…Always going above and beyond to make sure you are well taken care of.
Read additional endorsements on our client testimonials page and see why your family can count on us for outstanding, compassionate legal support.
We Can Evaluate Your Family’s Case at No Cost to You
If your family lost a loved one in Denton due to someone else’s negligence, our wrongful death lawyers will hold the at-fault party accountable. We will support your family during this difficult time and work hard to recover the monetary damages you are entitled to receive.
Contact our case evaluation team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® to learn more.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Does the At-Fault Party’s Insurance Pay Your Car Accident Damages in Texas?
- How Soon Do You Need to File A Claim After A Bicycle Accident in Texas?
- Harlingen Tractor Trailer Accident Lawyer
- How Should You Deal With Your Insurance Company After an Auto Accident?
- How Does Maximum Medical Improvement Apply to My Injury Case?