If you have been hurt in a Edinburg, TX, car accident, you deserve to know your legal options. Can you file a lawsuit years after the accident? Is it possible to recover damages for expenses and losses even if you played a part in the accident?
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can answer these questions for you. Since 2002, we have helped many of our Edinburg neighbors hurt in car accidents.
First, you should see a doctor. Even if you feel fine, injuries to the neck and back may not appear immediately after the accident. Only a medical professional can accurately assess your condition. It is important to keep copies of your medical bills as proof of accident-related expenses.
We will seek potential compensation for your losses while you focus on feeling better. For a free case review, please call (713) 850-8600.
We Are a Car Accident Law Firm that Handles Many Kinds of Collisions
Our team of lawyers, paralegals, and investigators help clients who have suffered injuries because of various kinds of traffic accidents. These include:
Common Traffic Accident Injuries
- Distracted driving (for example using a cell phone)
- Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) or Driving Under the Influence (DUI)
- Negligent driving (for example speeding)
- 18-wheeler and semi-truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Moped and bicycle accidents
- Defective auto parts
- Pedestrian accidents
- Rollover, rear end, head-on, and intersection accidents
- Catastrophic injuries
- Bus accidents
- Truck accidents
You might be struggling with expenses after the accident. Sometimes insurance companies are slow to respond, or they rush you into a settlement that does not cover all your expenses. That is why it is helpful to have a car accident attorney in Edinburg to guide you. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has successfully recovered damages for our clients and we look forward to helping you.
We Will Pursue Compensation for Accident Related Expenses and Losses
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has the staff and resources to evaluate your case. We pursue recovery for your expenses and losses that are related to the accident. There are two kinds of compensation for which you could recover damages.
Economic Compensations are specific expenses and losses such as:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Diminished earning ability and potentially reduced benefits or pension
- Domestic services such as a hired nurse
- Funeral or burial expenses if a loved one died in the car accident
are losses such as:
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
- Permanent partial or total disability
- Loss of companionship
For more information about recoverable damages and a free case review, please call (713) 850-8600.
We Negotiate with Insurance Companies on Your Behalf
If you are recovering from injuries at home or in the hospital, the last thing you need is the stress of dealing with an insurance company. It might be tempting to settle quickly, but you could have long-term health issues and expenses that should be considered. We also recommend that you do not post details about your accident on social media as this could affect your case.
The team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC have your best interests in mind. We do not charge attorney fees unless we successfully recover damages. Our goal is to seek compensation if available so that you can be made whole. We accomplish this with a process that has worked for many of our clients. The steps we take to help you include:
- We compile copies of all expenses, bills, and losses from the accident.
- We gather witness statements and police records, and if applicable, photographs of the accident scene.
- We review relevant state and federal traffic laws.
- We present all evidence of your physical, mental, and financial hardship to the insurance company.
- We can take your case to court if we cannot reach a fair settlement with the insurance company.
We Can Help if You Lost a Loved One in the Accident
If a loved one died because of the crash, you could be eligible for a claim. This type of compensation will never replace a family member, but it could ease your financial struggles. A survivorship claim typically covers expenses such as:
- Funeral or burial costs
- Loss of income, benefits, and other financial support
- Loss of companionship
- Medical bills of the decedent
- Pain and suffering from the time of the accident until death
Texas Has a 51 Percent Comparative Negligence Law
You might think that you cannot seek compensation if you are partially to blame for the accident. You can, depending on what role you played in the collision. Texas has a comparative negligence law that allows you to seek damages if you were less than 51 percent at-fault.
You should be aware that the amount of damages you look for could be reduced by the same percentage of your fault. For example, if you pursue $100,000 in expenses and losses and are found to be 20 percent at-fault, your maximum compensation could be $80,000. The law is complex, but an Edinburg car accident lawyer can best advise you. For a free consultation, please call (713) 850-8600.
Discover Our Award-Winning Law Firm that Focuses on You
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is a plaintiff’s law firm. This means that our sole focus is on helping our clients become whole again. We strive for excellence, and have been recognized with several awards including:
- American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys – 10 Best Award for Client Satisfaction, 2017-2018
- The National Trial Lawyers – Top 100
- Small Business Community Association – Excellence Award
- Who’s Who Top Attorneys of North America Certified
We invite you to call for the law firm of D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation. Please call (713) 850-8600 today.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Do I and My Lawyer Need to File Against UCLA for Sexual Abuse?
- Can You Sue For Distracted Driving Accidents In Texas?
- What Are The Effects Of Traumatic Brain Injury On Your Financial Situation?
- How Long Do I Have to Report a Car Accident to Insurance in Texas?
- What Are Your Legal Rights If Your Child Was Injured or Killed Riding A Bicycle in Texas?