TBIs can have consequences that last a lifetime. If you or a family member has suffered a traumatic brain injury through the actions of another party, you could recover damages for medical care, lost pay, and other losses.
A traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Fairfield, Texas, will protect your rights and help you seek recovery. For a free case evaluation, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
Traumatic Brain Injuries Can Be Life-Threatening
Brain injuries occur when there is a blow or other trauma to the head. Traumatic brain injuries can result in permanent brain damage, ranging from anywhere from a mild concussion to loss of life. Some victims may need emergency medical intervention to prevent any further swelling or bleeding of the brain.
No matter how minor your injury may seem, we recommend that you seek prompt medical attention. Neurological damage, disruption of cognitive abilities, and the inability to awaken from sleep are all conditions that may not appear immediately after your injury.
How Traumatic Brain Injuries Occur
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), an estimated 2.5 million people sustain traumatic brain injuries in the United States each year. The most common causes, according to the Mayo Clinic, include:
- Motor vehicle accidents involving cars, motorcycles, bicycles, pedestrians, mopeds, trucks, and buses.
- Falls, which are the leading cause of traumatic brain injuries, account for 52% of all cases.
- Medical malpractice.
- Sports and recreation, including surfing, skateboarding, football, baseball, lacrosse, and diving.
Most traumatic brain injuries can be caused by someone’s reckless actions or poor judgment. Our team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help you recover damages from all liable parties. To find out more, call today for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.
We Understand How Important Financial Recovery Is for You
We understand the horrific physical and emotional turmoil you may suffer after a traumatic brain injury. We also know that these types of injuries can cost hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical care.
The good news is that you are not alone if you want to hold the liable party accountable for your injuries and damages. You have the right to seek financial recovery and to have a strong legal advocate by your side.
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped our clients recover damages from traumatic brain injuries and other types of accidents. While we cannot guarantee the outcome of your case, our legal team has the resources and determination to help you obtain the financial recovery to which you may be entitled.
Possible Financial Recovery for a Traumatic Brain Injury
It is our goal to help you recover damages to pay for medical care and other expenses. If someone’s negligence caused your traumatic brain injury, you could recover compensatory damages such as:
- Ambulance and emergency transportation services
- MRI, CAT scans, and other imaging and medical tests
- Lifecare expenses
- Lost wages
- Diminished earning capacity
- Property damage related to the injury
- Loss of consortium
- Wrongful death
A member of our team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can objectively assess your injuries and situation to seek proper financial recovery.
We Can Investigate Your Case
A traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Farfield will review the circumstances of your case to understand how you were injured and who may be held accountable.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can investigate your injury and look for evidence of liability, which may include:
- Photos, videos, or physical evidence from the accident scene
- Scans and medical tests that show damage to your brain
- Expert medical opinion on how your injuries may prevent you from working or returning to your daily activities, either on a temporary or a permanent basis
- Police, accident, or workplace reports
- Witness statements
We will identify all liable parties who are either directly or vicariously responsible for your injuries and losses.
How We Use Evidence to Show Liability
Our staff at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can collect evidence, testimony, and documentation to establish how the other party is liable.
The courts determine liability in a personal injury case by establishing certain conditions:
- The other party owed you a duty of care to take common-sense measures to protect you from harm.
- The other party failed to uphold this duty of care.
- This breach of care caused you (or your loved one) to be injured.
- You have damages such as medical bills and pain and suffering as a direct result of these injuries.
According to the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code, you have two years from the date of the injury to take legal action. However, depending on the details of your accident, this timeline may vary. A legal professional can explain how the statute of limitation laws in Texas apply to your case.
Why You Should Call a Traumatic Brain Injury Lawyer
There are several benefits when you choose a traumatic brain injury lawyer to pursue recovery and justice on your behalf:
- A lawyer will protect your rights and help you understand your legal options, including taking your case to trial, if necessary.
- If you suffered a traumatic brain injury, you are probably not physically or emotionally well enough to pursue recovery on your own.
- If you are the family caregiver for the injured person, you do not need the added stress of pursuing recovery from the insurance company or the other party.
- Texas liability and negligence laws are complex, and it is best to have an advocate with a deep understanding of these statutes.
Our team can help you recover damages on a contingency fee basis. That means we do not collect payment for our services if the case is not settled or resolved. For a free case evaluation, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today at (713) 850-8600.