Motor vehicle injuries can be catastrophic and leave your family in financial disarray. If a careless driver injured you, you could be entitled to financial recovery for medical bills, car repairs, and other damages.
To find out the next steps in seeking recovery, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.
Things to do After a Fort Bend County Car Accident
Our firm handles many types of motor vehicle accidents. In our experience, we recommend three things for you to do after the collision:
- Get the police report.
- Get medical care, even if you think you are fine. Some injuries take time for symptoms to appear, and a medical professional should examine you.
- Call a car accident lawyer to protect your rights.
Life is stressful enough after a car accident without having to deal with an insurance adjuster. A car accident lawyer serving Fort Bend County, TX, will take care of gathering the necessary information, filing your claim, and negotiating for the best possible outcome for you.
To learn more, please call (713) 850-8600.
We Are Car Accident Lawyers Serving Fort Bend County
- Miller & Associates, PLLC helps injured people in various car accidents, including:
- Head-on collisions
- Intersection and left-turn accidents
- Rear-end accidents
- Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) accidents with injuries
- Accidents involving trucks, motorcycles, 18-wheelers, semi-trucks, buses, mopeds, bicycles, and pedestrians
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Hit and run accidents
Duty of Care in a Fort Bend County Car Accident
Seeking recovery in a car accident depends on proving liability. All licensed drivers in Texas have a duty to take reasonable care when driving. This means obeying speed limits, traffic laws, and avoiding an accident that can injure others.
A car accident lawyer serving Fort Bend County, TX, with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will examine the details of your accident to determine if the other driver breached this duty of care. There are several examples of how a driver may breach a duty of care:
- Distracted driving (texting or using a cell phone while driving)
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Drivers with certain medical conditions that put others in danger, such as epilepsy and some types of diabetes
- Speeding, running a red light or stop sign, or following too closely
If you were injured in a car accident, an attorney will review the other driver’s driving history. This information may be invaluable when deciding liability and seeking financial recovery.
You may be entitled to financial recovery for medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages. Call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Damages That May Be Recovered from a Car Accident
You may have severe injuries that need an extended recovery period. Your lawyer will seek financial recovery to cover such expenses as:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning ability
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Property damage
Your attorney will ask you for medical bills and other receipts to include in the insurance claim. Please be sure to keep all proof of all accident-related expenses.
Now Is the Right Time to Call a Car Accident Lawyer
The earlier you call a car accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, the faster we can help you with financial recovery. A lawyer will protect your legal rights and speak on your behalf if you are too injured to do so. The best time to call a car accident lawyer is as soon as you can after the accident.
Remember, you have the right to decline to speak with an insurance adjuster until you have the chance to consult an attorney. If you must give any information to the insurance company, please include only:
- Your name and auto insurance company phone number
- Make, year, and model of your vehicle
- Confirmation of the date, time, and location of the accident
Our lawyers can usually negotiate a fair insurance settlement for our clients. If not, you generally have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit per Texas statute of limitations. To learn more about your rights as a car accident plaintiff, please call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Insurance Adjusters Can Make Filing a Claim Difficult
As car accident lawyers serving Fort Bend County, TX, we have dealt with many insurance companies. Some make filing a claim a straightforward process while others do not. Some of the tactics that a defendant’s insurance adjuster may use include:
- Blaming you for the accident.
- Downplaying the severity of your injuries or making them invalid as a preexisting condition.
- Responding slowly to emails and phone calls.
- Claiming that the policy does not cover some of your injuries.
- Delaying payment for an unreasonable time.
A car accident lawyer serving Fort Bend County, TX, with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will stand up to the insurance company. Our firm has the resources to find all liable parties and seek financial recovery. Protect your legal rights after a car accident so that you may recover damages caused by a negligent driver. Call for a free case evaluation: (713) 850-8600.
Our Team Can Help You Obtain the Recovery You Deserve
If you were injured in a car accident or lost a loved one in a collision, we are here to help you obtain the financial recovery you may deserve. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Do You Afford a Lifetime of Medical Bills After a Spinal Cord Injury In An Accident?
- Do I Need a Lawyer After a Car Accident?
- What Can You Recover for a Wrongful Death From a Truck Accident in Texas?
- Do Insurance Companies Pay For Pain And Suffering?
- How Much of a Settlement Should I Expect for A Herniated Disk?