No family should have to endure the loss of one of its members because of the negligence or recklessness of another driver. If your family has, we offer our deepest condolences for your loss. We also offer our commitment to hold the driver who is responsible for your loved one’s demise accountable for their actions.
With a free case evaluation, our Frisco fatal car accident lawyer at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® will examine the details of the accident and prove the cause of your loved one’s demise. We will pursue the at-fault driver and their insurance company for financial recovery and will represent you in court if needed. In other words, we never stop fighting for the recovery you and your family are entitled to receive.
Fatal Car Accident Statistics in Texas
According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) 2021 traffic crash facts report, there were nearly 4,500 accident-related fatalities across the state in 2021.
The TXDOT’s 2021 city and town crash and injury report noted the following in Frisco:
- There were 12 fatal accidents
- There were 13 accident fatalities
One fatal car accident in the state is too many. If your family is recovering from the loss of a loved one in a vehicle collision, our personal injury lawyers can help. We will identify the accident’s causes and contributing factors and assign liability to the appropriate party.
Causes of Fatal Car Accidents
If another driver’s negligent, careless, or reckless actions caused a fatal car accident that claimed the life of a member of your family, you have options for financial recovery. Our fatal car accident attorney will help you file an effective insurance claim or lawsuit.
We start by proving the accident’s causation which can include:
- Swerving to avoid objects on the road
- Interior and exterior driver distractions
- Defective brakes or other vehicle parts
- Road rage and reckless or aggressive driving
- Disregarding traffic signs and signals
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Tailgating or following too closely
- Driving too fast for conditions
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
We will stop at nothing to identify the accident’s cause and to ensure your family has a strong case and a comprehensive evidence file.
Our Investigation Will Prove Your Family’s Right to Recover Damages
Since 2002, we have supported the surviving family members of fatal accident victims. The at-fault party should be held responsible for the financial impact of their actions and your family’s loss.
To bolster and support your case, our team will:
- Investigate the accident
- Obtain compelling evidence
- Assess the value of your case
- Communicate with the insurer
- Complete and submit paperwork
- File your wrongful death case on time
- Hire expert witnesses and consultants
- Locate and interview accident witnesses
Our Frisco car accident attorneys can also negotiate on your behalf and will represent you in court if a favorable settlement is not forthcoming.
How Texas Defines Negligence
To seek recovery for your family, we work hard to prove the four legal elements of negligence:
- Duty of care
- Breach of duty
These elements are proven with the evidence we collect for you. We build a strong case file and use its contents to steer your case toward settlement rather than trial.
Evidence That Proves the At-Fault Driver’s Negligence
Evidence collection can be a tedious and time-consuming part of building your personal injury case. On your own, evidence collection can also be an emotionally challenging endeavor. Let us take care of it for you.
We can help obtain, organize, and present:
- The official car accident report
- Your loved one’s death certificate
- Statements from any witnesses
- Opinions from expert witnesses
- The investigating officer’s narrative
Substantiating your case is a priority for our team. We take care of this and every other aspect of your case for you.
Wrongful Death Damages You Can Recover in Frisco
The loss of a family member will affect your family in a myriad of ways—mentally, emotionally, and financially. While your family focuses on its mental and emotional recovery, we get to work on your financial recovery.
Damages we request for you will include:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Your loved one’s medical bills
- Loss of their financial support
- Loss of love and consortium
- Loss of parental guidance
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, we never stop working for the families we represent. Our fatal car accident lawyer representing surviving families in Frisco will make sure your case receives an accurate assessment and is assigned a fair and appropriate financial value.
Know Which Family Members Can File a Wrongful Death Action
Texas law allows specific family members to pursue financial recovery after the loss of a family member in a fatal car accident. In most cases, qualified family members include:
- The deceased person’s spouse
- The deceased person’s parents
- The deceased person’s children
Their marital status and many other family dynamics can affect who qualifies to file a wrongful death action. Our fatal car accident attorney will explain which of your family members can file your family’s wrongful death action.
Texas’s Wrongful Death Statute of Limitations
According to Texas law, the wrongful death statute of limitations in the state is generally two years. The statutory clock starts running on the date of your loved one’s demise. If the statute of limitations expires, your family could:
- Be unable to file your lawsuit at all
- Have your lawsuit dismissed without being heard
- Be left with no legal avenue to pursue the at-fault driver
Our law firm will clarify the filing deadline and any factors that might cause it to fluctuate. We make sure you understand the applicable timeline and ensure your potential lawsuit is filed within the allotted time.
Call for Your Free Case Consultation
If your family lost a loved one because of a negligent driver, our fatal car accident lawyer serving families in Frisco will help you navigate the wrongful death process. We will investigate your accident and negotiate a monetary settlement on your behalf.
Find out how hard we will fight for your family by contacting one of our case evaluation team members at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® today.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Do You Document Evidence at The Scene of a Car Accident?
- How Soon Do You Need to File A Claim After A Bicycle Accident in Texas?
- Who Is Legally Responsible for Your Injuries in an Accident with a Bus in Texas?
- Which Relatives Are Allowed To Sue For Wrongful Death?
- What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Texas