If you have injuries and damages from a car accident that was not your fault, you are entitled to pursue financial recovery from the responsible party.
Even if you suffered minor injuries after a car accident, you likely still have medical bills, ongoing treatment, and lost wages.
A car accident lawyer serving Garland may help you through the complex process of filing an insurance claim or taking legal action. Our lawyers work to recover damages for you so you can focus on recovering.
To see if you have a case for personal injury after experiencing a car accident, reach D. Miller & Associates, PLLC by calling us at (713) 850-8600.
Lost Wages And Additional Expenses Can Prove Life-Changing
Car accident injuries range from moderate to life-threatening, resulting in missed workdays and mounting medical expenses, at the very least.
You could face a severe financial burden if you missed days at work due to your recovery from an accident. You may also have additional expenses added to your other bills after an accident.
A car accident lawyer serving Garland with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may be able to recover damages on your behalf. Remember, you do not have to bear the financial burden for someone else’s careless behavior on your own.
Sources of Potential Recovery
There are two primary ways that a car accident lawyer can seek potential recovery after a car accident, and they include:
- Filing a claim with the liable party’s insurance carrier and negotiating an acceptable settlement.
- Filing a personal injury lawsuit if the insurance carrier will not negotiate or denies your claim.
You should also keep in mind that there can be more than one liable party in your accident. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may help identify all responsible parties and pursue recovery from those parties on your behalf.
You have the right to choose a car accident lawyer serving Garland to represent you to the insurance company or at trial. Find out more about how our legal services may help you by calling D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
Potential Causes of Car Accidents
Many car accidents prove avoidable if motorists exercise a reasonable measure of care while on the road. In 2018, 249,241 people reported injuries following car accidents, while 14,908 people sustained serious injuries, according to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT).
As car accident lawyers serving Garland, we understand that human error or negligence leads to many accidents. Some examples of negligent driving practices that can result in collisions include:
- Driving while intoxicated (DWI)
- Driving under the influence (DUI)
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Unlawful motorist actions
Driving with defective tires or parts can also cause some accidents. Whatever caused your accident, injuries, and damages, our lawyers may protect your rights and help you pursue financial recovery.
Types of Injuries Associated with Car Accidents
Statistics from the Texas Department of Transportation show an increase in risk for loss of life when motorists do not use seat belts or other safety restraints.
Some of the injuries from a car accident include:
- Crushed, broken, or fractured bones
- Whiplash or other types of neck injury
- Spinal cord or back injuries
- Soft tissue damage to muscles, tendons, or ligaments
- Internal bleeding with organ damage or loss
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Deep lacerations
- Burns or abrasions
You should always see your doctor or medical provider after any car accident. Some injuries, such as whiplash, do not always present symptoms for hours or even a few days after the collision.
After seeking immediate medical care, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
When to Call the Police for a Car Accident
Under Transportation Code Chapter 550. Accidents and Accident Reports, you are required to call the police if the following factors apply to an accident:
- The accident results in serious injury or loss of life.
- You cannot move the vehicles.
- You believe that a driver is intoxicated or under the influence of a drug.
- One of the drivers is uninsured.
- A driver attempts to flee the scene (also referred to as a hit and run accident).
You should also call the police if you feel threatened by a driver or another person after the accident.
Potential Recovery of Damages
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped car accident victims recover damages from the responsible party.
We cannot promise the outcome of your case, but we are committed to helping you seek recovery that may include:
- Lost pay if you cannot work because of injuries
- Medical care and treatment
- Property damage
- Temporary transportation
- Prescription medicine
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
If you have extensive injuries or if your injuries prevent you from earning a living, our lawyers may also pursue recovery for:
- Diminished earning capacity
- Lifecare expenses
You may have some of these damages, a combination, or additional losses that are not listed here.
A Car Accident Lawyer Serving Garland May Help You Obtain Recovery without Legal Action
If we take your case, we may file an insurance claim with the other party’s carrier. If the other side will not negotiate in good faith, we can take your case to court. Under Civil Practice and Remedies Code. Chapter 16, you generally have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit.
There are mutually beneficial reasons to attempt to reach an acceptable settlement with the liable party:
- Avoid the expense and emotional pressure of going to court
- Settlements can be faster than recovering damages with a verdict.
A car accident lawyer serving Garland from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help you understand your legal options. We do not shy away from tough cases. We also do not shy away from bringing a case to court for pursuing fair financial recovery.
Call Today for a Free Case Evaluation
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a car accident, you can call us for a free case evaluation. A team member from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may help you pursue fair financial recovery. Call us at (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Can D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Help Me With My Collegiate Sexual Abuse Case?
- Is It Too Late to Sue USC for the George Tyndall Sexual Abuse Lawsuit?
- What Happens When You Get Into A Car Accident With No Insurance In Texas?
- What Should You Do If You’re Involved in A Motorcycle Accident in Texas?
- How Much Should You Expect in A Commercial Uber Accident Settlement In Texas?