If you or a loved one were in a car accident with a drunk driver and suffered injuries as a result, you may have grounds to sue the drunk driver or another liable party for your damages.
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, we help drunk driving accident victims fight for their financial recovery by building and managing their legal cases. If you live in Garland, Texas or a nearby area, we can assign a drunk driving accident and injury lawyer from our team serving Garland to your case. From there, we can guide you through the claims and litigation process and represent you as necessary.
Drunk Driving Accident Victims Can Demand Compensation for Their Injuries
If you or a loved one are a victim of a vehicle accident involving a drunk driver, you may qualify to pursue financial awards for the following types of damages:
- Medical treatment expenses
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Property damage expenses, such as costs to repair or replace your vehicle
- Reduced earning potential
- Current and future income loss, including loss of benefits
- Permanent disability, including loss of bodily functions like hearing or vision
- Physical disfigurement, including amputation, scarring, and burn marks
- Emotional distress, including psychological trauma caused by the accident
- Reduced quality of life
Each personal injury case is unique to each accident victim, even if two people were involved in the same accident. Our team will be thorough in going over your damages. We aim to pursue a financial award that fairly covers your damages, so that you may be able to get back on your feet after your case settles.
Surviving Families of Auto Accident Victims Can File Wrongful Death Cases
Unfortunately, the risk of fatality is high in drunk driving accidents. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) notes that 29 people pass away in drunk driving-related accidents in the United States every day. If your family is processing the loss of a loved one because of an alcohol-related auto accident, we extend our condolences to you and hope to lead your case toward justice.
Through a wrongful death action, you may be able to hold the drunk driver or a related liable party accountable for their negligence. This type of case can also help you recover damages like:
- Loss of financial support that your deceased loved one provided
- Pain and suffering felt by both the decedent and the surviving family
- Emotional losses, such as loss of love, affection, parental guidance, and companionship
While a wrongful death action cannot bring back your loved one, it may serve as a step toward preventing the liable party from committing similar actions toward others in the future.
A Drunk Driving Accident Lawyer from Our Team Near Garland Can Lead Your Case
When you hire a lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® to represent you, you can expect the following services from our team:
- Investigative services: Our team will do the work to gather information and evidence relevant to your case. This may involve retrieving a copy of the official crash report about your accident, contacting eyewitnesses, and requesting video footage that captured the accident. Additionally, we may consult industry experts, such as accident reconstruction analysts or medical professionals, for their testimony to support your case.
- Administrative services: Building personal injury cases can be tedious and require extensive legal paperwork. Our team will handle this burden so you don’t have to, and we’ll let you know when you need to provide signatures for specific documents. We can also handle all communications with insurance companies, defense attorneys, court officials, and other interested parties so that your case remains protected. Simply refer anyone reaching out to you to our firm and we’ll take it from there.
- Legal representation services: Finally, our attorneys will advocate for your legal interests in all appearances, whether in or out of the courtroom. There may be opportunities to negotiate a settlement deal before your case goes to trial, so your lawyer may inform you about any offers you receive and advise you on whether you should accept an offer or move forward with a lawsuit. If you decide to go to court, your lawyer will prepare your case for trial and counsel you as needed.
At any point throughout your case, if you would like further explanation on the litigation process or have concerns about your case’s status, you can reach out to our team. We will update you about your case as new developments occur and answer any questions you have while your case is ongoing.
Texas Sets a Two-Year Limit on How Long You Have to File Your Lawsuit
According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, plaintiffs generally have two years from the date of their auto accidents to file their personal injury lawsuits.
If you do not file your case within these statutory deadlines, a judge may dismiss your case upon submission or review, which would jeopardize your right to financial recovery. Rather than risk losing your opportunity to hold the defendant liable for their negligence, you can have a drunk driving accident and injury lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® work on your case and take appropriate steps to submit it on time.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® to Get a Free Case Review
A drunk driver can change your life in a flash. If you or a loved one were injured in a vehicle accident caused by a drunk driver, you may have legal options to pursue financial awards from them. A drunk driving accident and injury lawyer serving Garland from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® can manage your case for you and petition for your right to financial recovery.
Our legal team advocates for victims of drunk driving accidents in Texas. We want to help you gain the financial recovery you need to move past this accident. To learn more about our legal services, call the number on our website and we’ll give you a free consultation. Call now to get started.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Types Of Accidents Are Most Likely To Cause A Serious Head Or Brain Injury In Texas?
- What Is the Free Consultation with a Personal Injury Attorney Like?
- How Do Personal Injury Lawyers Get Their Attorneys’ Fees in Texas?
- Can You Recover Money For Non-Injury Damages In a Car Accident?
- What Happens If You Get In An Accident Without A License In Texas?