Losing someone you love is never easy. Losing them because of someone else’s negligent behavior or actions can make an already difficult loss even more challenging. At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, we understand that the unexpected demise of a family member can leave you uncertain about what to do. We are here to help.
Our wrongful death lawyer serving Garland will review your case at no cost and explain the steps your family should take. We explain the statute of limitations, the potential timeline of your case, and the damages your family is entitled to recover. We also make sure your case meets all legal parameters and is filed on time. In other words, we do everything we can to make a trying time a little easier for your family.
How Texas Defines Wrongful Death
According to Texas law, your loved one demise is deemed a wrongful death if it was caused by negligence, recklessness, carelessness, or unskillfulness. If one of these factors was the cause, our legal team will help you build a strong evidence file that identifies the negligent party and defines their actions.
Proving the Negligence That Led to Your Family’s Loss
Preparing your wrongful death case means proving the at-fault party owed your loved one a duty of care, failed to provide it, caused their demise, and caused your family’s financial consequences.
We establish negligence with the following evidence:
- Relevant accident and incident reports
- A death certificate and autopsy results
- Lay and expert witness statements
- Supporting photos and videos
Let us handle evidence collection for your family. We will compile and organize your evidence and prepare it for the negotiation or court process. Our entire team will stand by your family’s side from start to finish.
Causes of Wrongful Death
According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) statistics, accidental injuries accounted for 12,919 fatalities in Texas in 2020. We will represent your family if your loved one’s death was caused by a negligence-based accident.
Our personal injury lawyers serving Garland can help with various cases, including those that involve:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle and motorcycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Workplace and industrial injuries
- Defective medications
- Defective products
If you believe negligence was the cause of your loved one’s demise, our law firm will support you in your pursuit of damages from the responsible party.
Wrongful Death Damages for Surviving Families
Your family is entitled to recover several types of damages for the loss of your loved one. On your own, they can be difficult to assess. Our wrongful death attorney will accurately evaluate your expenses and losses and fight to recover the following damages for you:
- Medical bills
- Funeral expenses
- Burial expenses
- Loss of income
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
In general, Texas law allows the decedent’s biological or adoptive spouse, parents, and children to recover damages for their loss. Other family members may also qualify. This list is not definitive, so the best way to understand your legal position is to get a free evaluation of your case today.
File Your Garland, TX, Wrongful Death Lawsuit on Time
Your family deserves time to cope with your loss and with the changes it will bring with it. We can help you file your lawsuit on time. According to Texas law, you generally have two years from the date of your loved one’s demise to take legal action.
If you do not reach a settlement agreement or file your lawsuit on time, the court could dismiss it.
Our Law Firm Will Handle Your Case So You Can Take Care of Your Family
Building a wrongful death case in Garland is complex because it must comply with several laws of the state of Texas. When our law firm represents you, we take on every detail of your case.
To ensure your case gets the attention and attention to detail it deserves, our D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® team will:
- Conduct a comprehensive investigation
- Document your recoverable financial damages
- Compile evidence that proves negligence
- Obtain accident photos and video footage
- Complete and submit insurance claim forms
- Communicate with relevant parties for you
- Clarify complex legal terminology and jargon
- Address your legal questions and concerns
- Provide updates on the progress of your case
- Negotiate a favorable monetary settlement
- Take your case to court, if necessary
You do not have to seek recovery with no legal support or guidance. Leave the details of your case to our wrongful death lawyer serving families in Garland while you focus on taking care of your family.
Testimonials From Previous D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® Clients
When clients talk about our personal injury law firm and our dedication to our clients, they leave recommendations like the following:
- Alley Smith: “Everyone was patient and handled my case very professionally. I could not have found a better law firm to be trusted with my case…Thanks, D. Miller & Associates, for taking care of me.”
- Ramona Thomas: “I have used them for all my cases, and they went above and beyond for me and my family every time. Mrs. Monica, who handles the negotiation stage, is awesome. She had never let me down. I will recommend them to anyone”
We believe every client we represent deserves empathy, kindness, and compassion. Find additional accolades on our client testimonials page to learn more about our commitment to outstanding client service.
Work With Our Wrongful Death Lawyers Serving Garland Today
Has your family in Garland experienced the loss of a loved one caused by the negligence of another person or entity? At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, our wrongful death lawyer will work hard to recover damages from the at-fault party. Find out how hard our legal team will fight for you by contacting one of our case evaluation team members today. Call us today.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Happens If You Were Breaking a Texas Bicycle Law During Your Accident Injury?
- Does Insurance Cover Car Accidents Caused By Icy Roads?
- Who Is Liable in a Multi-Car Accident?
- What Types of Injury Cases Fall Under Premises Liability Law In Texas?
- Can You Sue For Distracted Driving Accidents In Texas?