If you or a loved one was injured in a truck accident, our Georgetown truck accident lawyer could help you seek financial recovery. Our law firm will identify the at-fault party and build a robust case file that establishes your right to lost wages, medical care, pain and suffering, and more.
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, we will investigate your accident and handle the negotiation process on your behalf from start to finish. If your case cannot be resolved with a settlement, we will not hesitate to go to court and keep fighting for the financial recovery you are entitled to receive.
Our Truck Accident Attorney Will Pinpoint Financial Responsibility
Recovering damages after a truck accident can be significantly more complex than after a car accident. Establishing the proper party’s identity to pursue for damages can be complicated on its own. A truck accident can have more than one at-fault party, which can mean simultaneously seeking damages from multiple parties.
Our truck accident lawyer will help you identify and pursue the at-fault party or parties and build a strong case for financial recovery.
The Truck Driver
The truck driver who caused your accident could be held financially responsible for your damages if his actions caused the collision, including:
- Driver distractions
- Drug or alcohol use
- Speeding or recklessness
The driver might also be responsible if he is an owner/operator. Again, our law firm will help you determine his level of liability.
The Trucking Company
The trucking company might also bear some or all financial responsibility for your accident if the cause is:
- Untrained or insufficiently trained drivers
- Improperly loaded cargo
- Improper or inaccurate truck maintenance
The company might also be responsible if they encouraged the driver to exceed or falsify their hours-of-service log.
Truck and Parts Manufacturers
The accident might also be attributed to the company that manufactured the truck or its components. This can include the design and manufacturing flaws in the truck, such as:
- Windshield wipers
In addition to these potentially liable parties, our truck accident attorney might also assign liability to other parties. Therefore, we will conduct a comprehensive investigation of your case and pursue fair and appropriate damages for you.
Establishing Liability for Your Accident with a Large Truck
Most truck accident injury cases like yours are settled out of court when the evidence indicates negligence and liability. To ensure the at-fault party and their insurer understand the cause of your accident, we build an entire evidence file.
The evidence will establish the four elements of negligence, including:
- Duty of care
- Breach of duty
- Cause of damages
- Financial consequences
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, we handle every aspect of building your case file. We also negotiate on your behalf and represent you in court if a favorable settlement cannot be agreed upon.
Official Accident Report
Your truck accident report will provide us with key names and contact information. It will also provide contact information of witnesses who can provide observations from varying points of view. We will also use your accident report to document the date and time of the accident and its causes and contributing factors.
Your medical records and bills will document the cause of your injuries and their severity. They will also tell us the current and anticipated costs of your treatment protocol. They may further support your request for financial recovery by providing photos of your injuries.
Seeking Financial Recovery Through a Truck Accident Claim
A collision with a large truck can leave you with many financial expenses and losses. Our law firm will help you seek financial recovery from the following damages:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future income loss
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- Property damage or total loss
- Physical disability or disfigurement
- Ongoing pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional distress
We will establish the financial losses of your injuries and their related expenses. We leave no stone unturned when assessing your case and ensuring no valid expenses are omitted or overlooked.
We Ensure Compliance with the Texas Statute of Limitations
In Georgetown, you generally have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit if you or someone you love was injured in the accident. According to Texas law, the statutory clock starts running on the day of the collision.
Similarly, Texas law allows you to file a wrongful death lawsuit within two years of the date of a loved one’s demise. When you trust our legal team with your case, we ensure your lawsuit is filed on time to remove the costly risks of non-compliance.
Get Personalized Legal Representation When You Need It Most
We treat every client we represent like a person, not a case file. Satisfied personal injury clients leave recommendations and testimonials like the following for our client-focused law firm:
- Wayne Peacock: I have been represented by D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for almost a year and I have nothing but positive things to say. The people there are always friendly and do their best to answer any questions to the best of their ability. I would strongly recommend this firm for any of your personal injury or any other claims you may have.
- Amber Wright: D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has done everything possible to help me and my family after my car accident two years ago. They got me the medical care I needed took care of things when I couldn’t take care of them have been very helpful in this whole process. If you’re ever looking for someone that will put up a good fight when you can’t these are the people who look to.
Our client testimonials page and Google page are packed with accolades and recommendations like these.
Contact Our Truck Accident Lawyers to Receive a Free Case Review
Were you or someone you love injured in a collision with a large truck? If you were, the process of obtaining financial recovery could be complex. However, you do not have to fight to recover monetary damages on your own. Our truck accident lawyer serving clients in Georgetown will help you identify and pursue the at-fault party.
Contact one of our D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ team members for a free review of your case today.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Can You Recover for a Wrongful Death From a Truck Accident in Texas?
- What Will It Cost Me To Hire An Attorney In A Truck Accident Case?
- How Do You Go About Getting Compensated For A Car Accident Injury In Texas?
- Do Insurance Companies Pay For Pain And Suffering?
- How to Handle a Car Accident in Texas