Serious truck accidents can leave you with long-term physical, mental, and emotional injuries that can devastate your loved ones. While you begin healing together, consult a truck accident lawyer in Harlingen, TX who can help you make a claim for lost wages, ongoing medical expenses, and your inability to return to work.
Types of Truck Accident Cases Handled
At our firm, we have represented clients injured in accidents involving many types of vehicles, including:
No matter what type of truck caused your injury, know that we can handle your personal injury case. We are sensitive to the needs of victims, and we are passionate about protecting their rights.
If you or someone you love has been hurt in a truck accident in Harlingen, TX, then call us today at 713-850-8600.
Common Truck Safety Issues That Lead to Accidents
The size and weight alone of trucks often lead to more serious accidents and injuries than those involving motor vehicles. Many factors can lead to an accident, including a truck:
- Having difficulty spotting other vehicles on the road due to multiple front and rear blind spots
- Requiring a stopping distance longer in length
- Being more susceptible to rollovers due to their heights and weights
Truck Driver Actions That Lead to Accidents
Truck drivers are required to undergo extensive training and follow state and federal regulations. Sometimes a driver makes mistakes that lead to accidents. Some driver actions that lead to crashes include:
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving while tired
- Driving while distracted, such as texting, changing a radio station, or making a phone call
- Driving to close to other vehicles
- Failing to signal properly
Instances Where Trucking Companies May Be At-Fault
Sometimes trucking companies are at-fault for accidents. Trucking companies may be to blame if:
- Trucks are not properly maintained, repaired, and inspected
- Employing drivers who have a history of accidents or violations
Collecting damages from the at-fault party in a truck accident can be complicated, whoever is liable. We understand the complexities and how to overcome these challenges. Call our firm today at 713-850-8600 for a free consultation.
Recoverable Damages in a Truck Accident Case
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, we help victims of truck accidents seek damages to cover their financial and emotional losses. In these types of cases, victims may be entitled to compensatory and punitive damages.
At-fault parties give economic and non-economic compensatory damages to victims to compensate them for concrete and interpretive losses, such as:
- Medical expenses
- Ongoing therapy and rehabilitation costs
- Hospital stays
- Lost income
- Chronic physical pain
- Mental anguish
- Psychological trauma
- Loss of future income
- Loss of enjoyment or companionship
Instead of compensating a victim, punitive damages aim to punish those responsible for accidents. A judge or jury awards punitive damages in cases that involve especially despicable recklessness or carelessness.
Call our firm at 713-850-8600 for evaluation of your truck accident case. We will fight for you and your loved ones.
Reasons to Hire a Truck Accident Lawyer
After hearing the details of your case, our truck accident lawyers will conduct a full investigation, which will include speaking with witnesses and investigating the scene of the accident, but also may include:
- Reviewing police and accident reports
- Analyzing medical records
- Consulting medical staff about injuries and diagnoses
- Consulting with experts in the trucking industry and accident re-constructionists
- Reviewing the truck driver’s qualifications, drug and alcohol tests, and accident and employment histories
- The inspection records of the vehicle
Also, our firm will handle all communications with insurance companies and any other parties involved. We do this because we want you to focus on your health.
Most importantly, we make ourselves available when you need us most. We answer your questions promptly and promise to work for you and your needs throughout the entire legal process.
With us by your side, you will be closer to getting back to how you were before the accident. We are dedicated to helping people like you, and we will use our skills and expertise to fight to get you and your family justice. Call 713-850-8600 today so that we can discuss the details of your truck accident case in Harlingen, TX.
There for You at the Negotiating Table and in Court
Testifying in court may make some anxious. This is not a concern with our firm. We will work diligently to prepare you for trial. If an insurance carrier does not want to play fair, we move on and begin focusing on fighting for you at trial.
Get a case review by calling our firm, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, at 713-850-8600. Our firm works with your best interests in mind. Contact us. Our truck accident lawyers are ready to work hard for you.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Happens When You Get Into A Car Accident With No Insurance In Texas?
- How Do You Prove A Property Owner Was Negligent in A Premises Liability Case?
- How Much Is the USC Sexual Abuse Lawsuit Worth?
- What Are Your Legal Options After a Bus Accident In Texas?
- What Should You Do If Your Uber Or Lyft Driver Gets In An Accident In Texas?