Escaping the bonds of human trafficking is dangerous and difficult by itself. Sharing your story may seem overwhelming. However, talking to a trusted advocate is an important first step in pursuing financial recovery and justice from all liable parties.
Our human trafficking lawyer serving Houston can protect your rights and seek damages on your behalf. As human trafficking attorneys, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can also connect you with the resources that you need for your physical and emotional well-being.
How Our Human Trafficking Lawyer Can Help You or a Loved One
A lawyer from our firm can explain your legal rights and protect them so that you may make an informed decision about seeking justice. He or she can reach out to proper authorities to connect you with medical care and social services.
You could recover damages for the economic and non-economic losses you experienced from human trafficking, including:
- Medical care and treatment for injuries due to forced labor or sexual services
- Counseling services
- Lost income or assets due to enslavement
- Legal costs if you face charges for coerced illegal acts
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium or companionship
- Mental anguish
Our law firm is committed to holding the individuals and entities that caused or contributed to your pain and suffering.
We Are a Supportive, Caring Team Ready to Assist You
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ has successfully recovered damages for people who were harmed or injured through no fault of their own. We understand that talking about your experience is traumatic, but it is a necessary part of holding human traffickers accountable.
Everything that you share with our attorney is privileged information. We will do all we can to ensure your safety and comfort:
- You never have to face your former abuser alone–we are with you each step of the way.
- We connect you with appropriate agencies for medical care, shelter, food, mental health counseling, and other assistance.
- We protect your rights and your anonymity.
- We secure and obtain evidence and testimony to help you recover damages.
You or your loved one have endured a horrific ordeal, but help is on the way. Our human trafficking lawyer can hold liable parties accountable for your injuries and damages.
The sooner you call for a free case evaluation, the sooner our attorney can help you with your case.
We Identify and Seek Damages from Liable Parties
Human trafficking victims are often reluctant to seek damages from perpetrators for several reasons, including:
- Victims may fear legal consequences for crimes they were forced to commit under duress, including sex for hire.
- Victims are unaware or misinformed about their legal rights.
- Victims who are not legal citizens may fear deportation by seeking legal help.
- Victims fear for their safety and the safety of their loved ones.
Our human trafficking lawyer serving Houston understands the legal requirements for proving liability or wrongdoing. You are not to blame for becoming ensnared in this vicious and inhumane crime. Let our team of lawyers and investigators help you identify those responsible and hold them financially accountable for your suffering.
Where Human Trafficking Takes Place
Anyone who engages or enables human trafficking can be held liable for your injuries and damages. According to the U.S. Department of State, human traffickers force victims to work in legal and illicit industries alike.
This forced servitude includes but is not limited to:
- Commercial sex
- Massage businesses
- Domestic work
- Hair and nail salons
- Begging and peddling
- Food service
Human trafficking takes place in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. According to the office of the Texas Attorney General, there are 234,000 victims of human trafficking statewide on any given day.
Who May Be Held Liable for Your Injuries
The magnitude of human trafficking means that many legitimate businesses and entities are often aware of this act, but it is more profitable for them to remain complicit.
A human trafficking attorney with our firm can hold these establishments accountable and seek damages on your behalf.
- Hotels, resorts, and motels
- Classified advertisers
- Massage parlors
- Truck stops
- Bars and restaurants
- Miller & Associates, PLLC™ will hold establishments accountable when they fail to protect guests or customers from human traffickers.
Who Can Be a Victim of Human Trafficking
Often, a victim of human trafficking is “groomed” or instructed by a perpetrator without suspicion. This is more likely to happen when potential victims are exceptionally vulnerable, socially isolated, or lacking resources, such as:
- Disadvantaged women and children
- Homeless individuals
- People without legal status, including undocumented workers
- Individuals with physical or cognitive impairment
- Native Americans
- Gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people
- Children who have spent time in foster care or juvenile detention
- People addicted to drugs or alcohol
Human traffickers are experts at identifying potential targets. They find victims online, through social media, or in person.
Traffickers hang around cheap hotels, bus stops, train stations, and other places where they could easily ensnare an unsuspecting victim.
What You Can Do to Help a Victim of Human Trafficking
If you suspect that someone you know is being groomed or is being forced into labor or commercial sex, call the police. Then, consider how legal representation can help you get financial recovery and justice from all liable parties.
Our human trafficking lawyer serving Houston is a phone call away and ready to start on your case. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ for a confidential, free case evaluation.