Get Informed On Medical Malpractice Claims
Do you think you have a legal case because of a medical error?
When a patient sees their healthcare provider, they trust that the medical professional’s years of training and experience will provide the individual with the proper care. Unfortunately, for some patients, this is not the case. As a result, a negligent act or omission by their doctor or other medical professional may result in damage or harm to the patient.
Malpractice is a complicated area of personal injury law that involves both legal and medical analysis. You need an experienced attorney with the resources and skills on both sides of the issue.
Malpractice lawyers deal with issues such as:
- Improper Medical Treatment
- Incorrect Diagnosis
- Delay In Medical Aid
- Inappropriate Or Delayed Follow-ups
- Failure To Treat
- Injury From Drugs Prescribed By The Physician
- The Consequences of Malpractice
The trust between a patient and a doctor is a sacred one. A small error can result in serious personal injury or even wrongful death to the patient. If a medical professional fails to deliver care that meets normal standards and practices, a patient can be permanently harmed, endure great suffering, or even death. Anyone harmed by malpractice knows that it can be a traumatic experience for them and their family. If you have been affected by improper medical treatment or failure to diagnose, you have the right to pursue legal action. It is important that you speak with an experienced Houston medical malpractice lawyer who will evaluate your case and determine that your legal rights will be fully assessed and protected.
Medical malpractice cases can be made against any health care provider.
Doctors are frequent medical malpractice defendants, but lawsuits can be filed against nurses, hospitals, dentists, pharmacists, and therapists. Malpractice claims may be brought against businesses and associations as well as individuals.
Your medical lawyer in Houston can explain what to expect when pursuing a medical malpractice lawsuit. An experienced medical malpractice attorney in Houston will take action on your behalf. The malpractice attorney in Houston, TX will research the law in your state, collect records, meet with expert consultants, plan the legal strategy and negotiate with insurance companies and the opposing counsel to ensure that you receive your fair compensation.
Evidence That Proves Your Allegation of Medical Malpractice
Proving your medical malpractice case can be complicated and technical. To get started, we listen to your story and glean important details. We also consult medical experts who can bolster and support your case.
When you leave evidence collection to us, we will also compile all relevant medical records. Our goal is to prove the at-fault medical professional or facility:
- Had a doctor/patient relationship with you
- Owed you a duty of reasonable care
- Breached their responsibility to provide it
- Caused your current health care situation
- Caused your current financial damages
We work hard to prove these elements for you and to ensure your case complies with all legal guidelines and parameters. Medical malpractice cases in Texas also require a Certificate of Merit, according to Texas law.
The Certificate of Merit Is Mandatory
It will contain the opinion of a medical expert that your case has merit and validity. Their expert opinion will:
- Confirm the reasonable basis of your allegation
- Confirm that the medical professional in question deviated from the acceptable standard of care
- Confirm that this deviation caused your medical injuries
Our team takes care of locating and identifying an appropriate and qualified medical expert for you. We obtain this critical document for you and ensure it meets all required legal elements.
The Anatomy of a Houston Medical Malpractice Case
- Initial consultation with client and Intake staff member(s) to obtain relevant information; identify target defendant(s); notice letters sent to target defendant; and further investigation initiated.
- A malpractice attorney personally meets with nurse experts to ascertain damages resulting from malpractice and to identify what type of expert will be required to prove the case.
- The nurse expert obtains medical authorization and marshals the medical records for transmission to a medical expert.
- A nurse expert obtains a report from a medical expert concerning: (a) liability; and (b) damages resulting from the malpractice.
- Malpractice Attorney meets with the client to discuss the amount of demand to be made to the insurance company. Malpractice Attorney will meet and prepare a demand letter for transmission to an insurance company. Most medical cases are not resolved through standard negotiations, but usually require litigation.
- At this point, the case is presented to the Litigation Review Committee. The malpractice attorney reviews the file and meets with the nurse expert to discuss litigation strategy.
If the damages are appropriate, then it’s possible that additional litigation counsel may be associated, and a suit filed. If you feel that you have been a victim of Malpractice, call or fill out the contact form on this page as soon as possible.
Damages You Can Recover if You Were Injured by Medical Malpractice
A medical malpractice case can impact your physical and psychological health. It can also lead to fear that prevents you from getting any additional medical support that you might need.
We make sure you get the all-around support to seek the following financial damages:
- Past, present, and future medical care
- Past, present, and future lost income
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Diminished quality of life
- Lasting or permanent impairment or disfigurement
Our Houston medical malpractice lawyer will help you define the monetary value of your injuries and the expenses and losses that stem from your injuries. We will compose a demand letter outlining your case and detailing your recoverable damages. We will also negotiate on your behalf for the financial recovery you are entitled to.
Our Client Reviews Tell the Story of Our Law Firm
Medical malpractice and personal injury law can be complex and emotionally charged. We treat the clients we represent like people, not case files. Our previous clients say:
- Blanca Robles: “I’m so happy I hired D Miller and Associates. Nashira guided me through the entire medical process during my case. She helped calm my anxiety and the end result was GREAT! I will highly recommend this firm.”
- Magdalena Arguello: “Ashley F was helping me with my case…and was able to get me answers I needed in a timely manner. Ashley F always followed up with me when I called or sent a text. Really appreciate her…effort she put in my case. I would definitely refer family & friends.”
Every client we represent is a priority for our team. We fight hard to ensure you get the best possible outcome of your case by holding the at-fault party financially responsible for their negligence.
It’s not always clear to an untrained eye whether your injury is due to malpractice or not. At no charge to you, we’ll analyze your situation and determine if you have a malpractice case.
Don’t be a helpless victim of the medical system. If you’ve been harmed by medical care, take action and call a medical malpractice attorney in Houston today!”. If you have been injured, you may be entitled to compensation, but you must act fast. Your case could be subject to the statute of limitations. Contact an experienced malpractice personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. The lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ will evaluate your malpractice personal injury case at no cost to you. If we determine you have a personal injury claim, we will handle your case aggressively and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Call (713) 850-8600 or fill out the convenient contact form on this page to find out whether you might qualify to file a financial claim due to malpractice.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I Need an Attorney to Pursue a Truck Accident Claim?
- How Much Is the USC Sexual Abuse Lawsuit Worth?
- What Should You Do if You Are Injured as a Pedestrian Accident in Texas?
- How Much Do You Recover for Pain and Suffering After a Car Accident in Texas?
- What Should You Do After a Slip and Fall Accident?