Get Informed on Medical Malpractice Claims
Do you think you have a legal case because of medical error?
When a patient sees their healthcare provider, they trust that the medical professional’s years of training and experience will provide the individual with the proper care. Unfortunately, for some patients, this is not the case. As a result, a negligent act or omission by their doctor or other medical professional may result in damage or harm to the patient.
Malpractice is a complicated area of personal injury law that involves both legal and medical analysis. You need an experienced attorney with the resources and skills on both sides of the issue.
Malpractice lawyers deal with issues such as:
- Improper Medical Treatment
- Incorrect Diagnosis
- Delay In Medical Aid
- Inappropriate Or Delayed Follow-ups
- Failure To Treat
- Injury From Drugs Prescribed By The Physician
- The Consequences of Malpractice
The trust between a patient and a doctor is a sacred one. A small error can result in serious personal injury or even wrongful death to the patient. If a medical professional fails to deliver care that meets normal standards and practices, a patient can be permanently harmed, endure great suffering or even die. Anyone harmed by malpractice knows that it can be a traumatic experience for them and their family. If you have been affected by improper medical treatment or failure to diagnose, you have the right to pursue legal action. It is important that you speak with an experienced Houston medical malpractice lawyer who will evaluate your case and determine that your legal rights will be fully assessed and protected.
Medical malpractice cases can be made against any health care provider.
Doctors are frequent medical malpractice defendants, but lawsuits can be filed against nurses, hospitals, dentists, pharmacists and therapists. Malpractice claims may be brought against businesses and associations as well as individuals.
Your medical lawyer in Houston can explain what to expect when pursuing a medical malpractice lawsuit. An experienced medical malpractice attorney in Houston will take action on your behalf. The malpractice attorney in Houston, TX will research the law in your state, collect records, meet with expert consultants, plan the legal strategy and negotiate with insurance companies and the opposing counsel to ensure that you receive your fair compensation.
The Anatomy Of A Houston Medical Malpractice Case
- Initial consultation with client and Intake staff member(s) to obtain relevant information; identify target defendant(s); notice letters sent to target defendant; and further investigation initiated.
- Malpractice attorney personally meets with nurse expert to ascertain damages resulting from malpractice and to identify what type of expert will be required to prove the case.
- Nurse expert obtains medical authorization and marshals the medical records for transmission to medical expert.
- Nurse expert obtains report from medical expert concerning: (a) liability; and (b) damages resulting from the malpractice.
- Malpractice Attorney meets with client to discuss amount of demand to be made to insurance company. Malpractice Attorney will meet and prepare demand letter for transmission to insurance company. Most medical cases are not resolved through standard negotiations, but usually require litigation.
- At this point the case is presented to the Litigation Review Committee. Malpractice attorney reviews the file and meets with the nurse expert to discuss litigation strategy.
If the damages are appropriate, then it’s possible that additional litigation counsel may be associated and suit filed. If you feel that you have been a victim of Malpractice, call or fill out the contact form on this page as soon as possible.
It’s not always clear to an untrained eye whether your injury is due to malpractice or not. At no charge to you, we’ll analyze your situation and determine if you have a malpractice case.
Don’t be a helpless victim of the medical system. If you’ve been harmed by medical care, take action and call a medical malpractice attorney in Houston today!”. If you have been injured, you may be entitled to compensation, but you must act fast. Your case could be subject to the statute of limitations. Contact an experienced malpractice personal injury lawyer as soon as possible. The lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will evaluate your malpractice personal injury case at no cost to you. If we determine you have a personal injury claim, we will handle your case aggressively and ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
Call (713) 850-8600 or fill out the convenient contact form on this page to find out whether you might qualify to file a financial claim due to malpractice.