A motorcycle rider negligence accident lawyer in Houston can help you recover damages for your medical bills, lost wages, and other losses after an accident.
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ has helped injured people with financial recovery in motorcycle accidents and other types of personal injury cases. Our legal team looks forward to helping you and your loved ones.
How Our Law Firm Can Build and Manage Your Case
Life can be chaotic after a motorcycle accident. It is understandable if you are angry and frustrated. You did not deserve to be injured by a careless driver, and now you possibly are in pain and facing mounting financial pressure.
A motorcycle rider negligence accident lawyer in Houston can make your life easier with personalized legal care that involves:
- Examining the details of your case
- Securing proof of your injuries
- Assessing your damages
- Filing, tracking, and managing your insurance claim
- Taking your case to court, if necessary
You have the right to talk to a lawyer right now about your options for pursuing damages. The insurance company is not on your side, but our law firm can be with you each step of the way.
A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Identify the Liable Party
Someone should pay for your medical treatment and other damages after a motorcycle accident that was not your fault. We believe that someone should be the liable party. A motorcycle accident attorney understands the complexities of this type of collision as they pertain to Texas statutes regarding liability and negligence.
A lawyer can help you establish liability by collecting evidence and using this information to build an insurance claim. Our firm takes care of filing your insurance claim so that you can take the time you need to rest and feel better.
How We Establish Liability in a Motorcycle Accident Case
Each accident is different, but to successfully recover damages, certain elements must be proven in every personal injury case:
- The other party owed you a duty of care to take reasonable measures to prevent you from bodily harm.
- The other party breached this duty of care, either through carelessness, omission, or intention.
- This breach caused you to suffer bodily injury.
- You have damages from these injuries in the form of medical bills, lost pay, and other losses.
You must show that the other party caused or contributed to your injuries and damages to be considered for financial recovery. A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can guide you through this process.
You Should Consider Legal Action at Your Earliest Convenience
You should call a lawyer as soon as possible after a motorcycle accident. We suggest you do this for a reasons:
- Essential evidence can erode or disappear over time.
- The insurance company may try to pressure you into a lowball offer or get you to take the blame for the accident when it was not your fault.
- Texas law has a two-year statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit.
Most personal injury lawsuits begin as insurance claims that, for one reason or another, were not resolved with a settlement.
It takes time to build a case, get on a court docket, and collect testimony. You deserve to have enough time to make an informed decision about your case and how you want to proceed.
We Will Determine the Cause of Your Accident
We have a wide practice area that includes motorcycle accidents. Many of our team members are motorcycle riders or enthusiasts. We share your passion for the open road and want to make sure we do everything possible to help you recover damages and justice.
We handle motorcycle accident cases that involve the following:
- Drunk driving
- Drowsy driving
- Distracted driving
- Reckless driving
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Lane change accidents
- Sideswipe accidents
- Road rage
- Road debris
- Defective parts or repairs
Potential Damages for Motorcycle Accident Injuries
A lawyer with our firm will fight for the best outcome but cannot make any promises of how much or what type of damages you could receive.
We carefully assess your injuries and damages to seek recovery for such losses as:
- Medical care and treatment, both current and future
- Lost pay for time away from work because of injury
- Reduced earning ability, if applicable
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
Usually, recoverable damages are based upon the severity and extent of your injuries, and your prognosis. If your injuries resulted in permanent disability or a chronic medical condition, your lawyer would seek damages appropriate for your current and future losses.
Contributing Factors in Motorcycle Accident Injuries
According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), the following are major contributing factors in accidents statewide:
- Unsafe lane changes
- Disobeying stop signs and traffic signals
- Failure to control speed
- Driver inattention
- Failure to remain in a single lane
- Failure to yield
- Making a left-hand turn
- Driving while fatigued
- Following too closely
- Driving while intoxicated or impaired
Most traffic accidents are preventable. Motorcycle riders are at a distinct disadvantage over automobiles because there is virtually no protection. We urge you to ride safely and to wear a helmet and protective clothing.
Call Today for a Case Evaluation
You could recover damages for your medical bills, bike repairs, and other expenses. A careless driver should be held accountable for your injuries and losses. A motorcycle rider negligence accident lawyer in Houston can protect your rights and seek damages while you focus on feeling better.
Our firm can file your insurance claim, gather evidence, and negotiate a settlement on your behalf.
Call (713) 850-8600 today for a case evaluation with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Do You Have to File a Lawsuit to Recover Damages From an Auto Accident in Texas?
- What Is the Free Consultation with a Personal Injury Attorney Like?
- What Should You Do If You Were Injured in A Hit and Run Accident in Texas?
- What Should You Do After a Slip and Fall Accident?
- How Can D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Help Me With My Collegiate Sexual Abuse Case?