Weighing up to 40 tons and several car lengths long, 18-wheelers and semi trucks are the largest vehicles on most roadways. Many accidents between a passenger car and an 18-wheeler or semi truck result in catastrophic injuries or loss of life. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), there were 475,000 large truck collisions nationwide in 2016.
If you were injured in an accident with an 18-wheeler or semi truck, it is possible that you may qualify for financial recovery. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC to determine if you qualify. An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Humble will help pursue recovery, if available. Please call 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
After Medical Care, Learn About Your Legal Rights
Our 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyers serving Humble urge you to get medical attention, if you have not done so already. If you are in the hospital or recuperating at home, it is very important you follow your healthcare providers’ instructions. We would be honored if you let us be your legal advocate, so that you can focus on resting and recuperating from your injuries.
An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident attorney serving Humble can help pursue financial recovery, if you qualify. Our lawyers work on a contingency basis only. This means you will not be required to pay us for work done on your case, unless a settlement or judgment has been obtained.
Choose a Firm That Includes 18-Wheeler Accidents in Its Practice Area
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC handles various kinds of 18-wheeler and semi truck accidents in Humble, including collisions attributed to:
- Drive under
- Spilled cargo or contents
- Tire blow out
- Defective parts or repairs
- Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) accidents
An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer from our firm will assess your injuries and the circumstances of the collision. For a free case evaluation, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600.
How D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Helps You Pursue Financial Recovery
An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident attorney serving Humble will work tirelessly to get you the financial recovery you may be entitled to receive. We have a process for pursuing recovery from your 18-wheeler and semi truck accident that includes:
- Gathering evidence about the accident from police reports, witness statements, available photographs or videos, and your personal observations
- Conducting a background check on the truck driver and trucking company, including truck and rig maintenance records, driver’s logs, and the company’s safety and training procedures
- Collecting all expenses including medical bills, property loss, car repair or rental, and other related losses
- Negotiating with the insurance company for an acceptable settlement
A personal injury lawyer from our firm will try to reach an acceptable insurance settlement. If this does not happen, Texas statutes generally allow you two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit.
Our Firm Believes in Fighting for What Is Right
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped thousands of injured and disabled people. We are skilled negotiators and litigators who will vigorously pursue the recovery you may be entitled to receive. For your free case evaluation, please call 713-850-8600 or click here.
While we cannot guarantee the outcome of any claim or lawsuit, an 18-wheeler and semi truck accident attorney serving Humble will help seek recovery for damages that may include:
- Medical bills, including emergency care and ongoing treatment
- Lost pay
- Reduced earning ability (both temporary and permanent)
- Partial or total disability
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Why You Should Avoid Talking to the Insurance Adjuster
If you were struck by an 18-wheeler or semi truck, an insurance adjuster might contact you. It is our experience, as 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyers, that truck insurance adjusters will want to settle as cheaply and quickly as possible.
There are a few reasons why you should avoid talking to the insurance adjuster:
- Most people do not have the legal training to protect and exert their legal rights after an accident
- You are likely not feeling well enough to go through the paperwork and complexities of an insurance claim
- You could inadvertently say something about the accident that could jeopardize your claim
- An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Humble can negotiate an insurance settlement using knowledge of state laws
Please do not discuss the accident with anyone except your attorney. This includes not posting images or videos about the accident on social media. To see if you qualify for financial recovery, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Determining Liability in an 18-Wheeler or Semi Truck Accident
An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Humble can figure out who caused the accident based upon several factors, including:
- The truck driver had an expected duty of care to drive safely and take reasonable measures to avoid the accident
- The driver breached this duty of care for some reason, such as texting or driving while under the influence, and caused the accident
- You now have physical and emotional injuries, along with financial damages such as medical bills and lost pay
If you lost a family member in the collision, an 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer from our firm can pursue potential recovery in a wrongful death claim or lawsuit.
Multiple Liable Parties Are Possible
Sometimes an 18-wheeler and semi truck accident involve multiple parties. An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer from our firm will examine your case carefully. For example, we could help pursue recovery from the truck driver’s employer in addition to the actual employee. In other cases, a parts manufacturer may share some of the blame. An 18-wheeler and semi truck accident lawyer serving Humble will explore these options.
Determining damages in an 18-wheeler and semi truck accident can be challenging. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation. You could qualify for financial recovery.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Can You Seek Compensation If Your Accident Was Caused By a Tire Blowout?
- Does Texas Have a Statute Of Limitations For Personal Injury Claims?
- What Types Of Accidents Are Most Likely To Cause A Serious Head Or Brain Injury In Texas?
- What Should You Do After a Slip and Fall Accident?
- How Do You Go About Getting Compensated For A Car Accident Injury In Texas?