Do you know that most buses, including school buses, do not have seat belts? Only a few states require buses to have seat belts. For this reason, bus passengers can be seriously hurt from flying into the seat in front of them or the aisle during an accident.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help you pursue financial recovery if you were involved in a bus accident as a passenger, motorist, or pedestrian. A bus accident lawyer serving Humble, TX will protect your rights and seek recovery if you qualify. For a free case evaluation, please call 713-850-8600.
Call a Bus Accident Lawyer Serving Humble Before You Talk to the Insurance Company
If you were involved in a bus accident, you will probably be contacted at some point by the other party’s insurance company. We ask that you do not speak to the insurance adjuster before talking to a member of our firm. There are a few reasons why we recommend this:
- You are recuperating from physical injuries and emotional trauma.
- You might be angry or frustrated, which is understandable.
- You may be taking medication that temporarily clouds your thinking or makes you drowsy.
- You could be in mourning if you lost a loved one in the accident.
A bus accident lawyer serving Humble knows that insurance companies try to settle as cheaply and quickly as possible. If you try and negotiate by yourself, you might be tempted to accept a low offer. While you are not required to have a bus accident lawyer represent you, it is your legal right. Our bus injury lawyers work on a contingency basis only.
We offer a free case evaluation. If you have any correspondence from the insurance company, please bring this with you.
Legal Representation for Injured Bus Accident Victims
Our bus accident lawyers are ready to help anyone who is injured in a bus collision, including:
- Passengers on any bus or motor coach, including school, charter, city, and private
- Motorists (both drivers and passengers)
- Moped operators
- Uber and Lyft passengers or drivers
You could be entitled to financial recovery for your injuries and damages. For a free case evaluation, please call 713-850-8600. A bus accident lawyer at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is ready to help you.
Financial Recovery for Bus Accident Injuries
There is no predetermined amount for financial recovery in a bus accident with injuries. However, there is a two-year statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit. If negotiations for an insurance settlement break down, you need to have enough time to decide if you want your bus accident lawyer to file a lawsuit on your behalf.
That is why we invite you to call a bus accident lawyer at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC as soon as you can after your accident. Our lawyers will do all they can to obtain financial recovery for damages that may include:
- Past and predicted medical expenses
- Lifecare costs
- Lost wages
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Reduced earning ability due to injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Wrongful death
You should not have to deal with an insurance adjuster while you are recuperating from your bus accident injuries. Please call our firm at 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
How a Bus Accident Lawyer Serving Humble Recovers Damages for You
The first step in seeking potential financial recovery is to find out who caused the accident. A bus accident lawyer serving Humble will look at the circumstances of your collision, your injuries, and if you will have any long-term health issues.
A bus accident lawyer from our firm will consider these factors:
- The bus driver owed you a duty of care to drive safely and avoid causing or being involved in a car accident.
- The driver breached this duty of care in some way (for example, texting while driving) and caused the accident.
- You have injuries and damages in the form of physical, emotional, or financial losses.
A bus accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may also seek recovery from the bus driver’s employer. Whether it is through direct or indirect liability, your lawyer will hold the responsible parties accountable for your injuries and damages.
We Build a Strong Claim Based on Evidence
A bus accident lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will review the evidence in your case to build a strong claim. We have the staff, experience, and resources to request documents and interview witnesses. This case evaluation process might also include:
- Reading police reports and witness statements.
- Obtaining safety, training, and maintenance records.
- Viewing traffic camera footage and amateur videos or photographs if available.
- Gathering all your receipts and expenses.
- Getting a report from your healthcare provider about any future health issues you may have because of the accident.
We believe that a negligent driver should take responsibility for their actions and your injuries. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation. If you are unable to come to our office, a member of our team will meet you at the hospital or in your home. For more information, please call 713-850-8600.
The Team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Is Here for You
You did not choose to be the victim of a careless driver. You deserve to have a bus accident lawyer who will pursue recovery and protect your rights. Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped many clients recover damages for their injuries and disabilities. We want to help you, too.
For a free case evaluation, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Do You Know If Your Injuries Are Serious Enough to Contact a Lawyer?
- Is It Too Late to Sue USC for the George Tyndall Sexual Abuse Lawsuit?
- What Should You Do If Your Uber Or Lyft Driver Gets In An Accident In Texas?
- My Child Was Injured At School – Can I Sue?
- How Do You Document Evidence at The Scene of a Car Accident?