You did not choose to be hurt in an accident involving a commercial vehicle. You are now faced with injuries that could affect you and your family for months or even years to come.
As commercial vehicle accident lawyers serving Humble, TX we understand that you might be feeling angry and frustrated that this situation has been forced upon you. You can call us today for a free case evaluation and find out how we may be able to pursue a settlement on your behalf.
Our lawyers can:
- Identify all liable parties who played a part in the accident
- Collect evidence to establish liability
- Send a detailed claim to the other party’s insurance company
- Negotiate for a fair settlement
- Protect your rights throughout this process
A member of our team can discuss the details of your case today at (713) 850-8600.
Our Firm Accepts Many Types of Accident Cases
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can pursue damages if you or a loved one were involved in a commercial vehicle accident, including:
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Drunk driving accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Defective tire accidents
- Left-turn accidents
- Hit and run accidents
We can help if you were a victim of an accident involving motorcycles, bicycles, pedestrians, 18-wheeler and semi trucks, buses, or ride-share services (Uber and Lyft).
We Use Facts and the Law to Establish Liability
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC have helped injured and disabled people recover damages. We understand the complexities of Civil Torts and our state’s liability and negligence statutes.
We create a record of facts and evidence that might include:
- Photos, videos, and physical evidence from the accident scene
- Expert testimony from traffic engineers and others who provide insight into the nature, cause, and timeline of the accident
- Information from your medical provider (with your permission) about your injuries and your prognosis
- Police reports, traffic accident reports, and witness statements
- Reviewing the other party’s driving record, safety violations, alcohol test results, and previous accidents
- Maintenance, safety, and inspection reports
It’s your right to seek legal representation. If our commercial vehicle accident lawyer cannot reach a fair settlement with the insurance company, we can take your case to court.
How We Put Your Case Together
You should know that the other party in a commercial vehicle accident may include a large company and their insurance carrier. Both the company and the insurance carrier have their own lawyers whose job is to deflect responsibility and downplay their client’s role in your injuries.
Our lawyers can protect your rights and show how your life has been affected by negligence or wrongful behavior depending on the facts of your case.
Once we have established the facts surrounding the accident, we use this evidence to answer four important questions:
- Did the other party owe you a duty of care to avoid injuring you?
- Did he or she breach this duty?
- Did this act result or contribute to the accident that caused your injuries?
- Do you have damages in the form of medical bills, lost pay, mental anguish, or other losses due to your injuries?
If the answer to any of these questions is “yes”, you may pursue financial recovery from all liable parties. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.
There Are Different Types of Liability
The law recognizes that more than one party can play a role in a commercial vehicle accident. A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can investigate your case to determine if more than one party is responsible.
- An employer may be held accountable for the negligent acts of an employee, contractor, or vendor
- A company that provides service and maintenance to fleet cars may be liable for overlooking a serious safety violation
Our lawyers can help build a compelling case on your behalf depending on the facts of your case.
What Types of Damages You Could Recover
It is difficult for most people to accurately assess their injuries and losses while they are dealing with the pain and disruption after an accident. That is why many people turn to a commercial vehicle accident lawyer who can thoroughly and objectively review injuries and damages.
Some of the more common types of damages that you could recover from the liable party include:
- Medical treatment including ambulance and emergency care, surgery, hospitalization, and prescription medicines
- Rehabilitative treatment
- Lifecare or domestic care expenses
- Lost pay during the time you are recuperating
- Diminished earning ability if your injuries reduce your professional and employment potential
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Property damage
These costs can add up and some may be on-going. A lawyer with our firm may consult with a vocational or financial expert if your injuries left you disabled or if you need round-the-clock care.
If You Were Involved in a Humble, TX Commercial Vehicle Accident
We understand the confusion and anxiety following an accident. It is our goal to help you recover damages so that you can take the time you need to recuperate and heal.
If you were involved in a commercial vehicle accident, it may be in your best interest to:
- Get medical care immediately after any traffic accident, no matter how “minor” it may appear
- Follow your healthcare professional’s guidelines for therapy, rehabilitation, prescriptions, and rest
- Keep your receipts from all accident-related expenses
- Refrain from posting pictures or comments about the accident on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media outlets.
According to Texas Civil Code 16.003, you only have a limited time to take legal action after an accident. A Humble, TX commercial vehicle accident lawyer can help you understand your legal options and seek damages on your behalf.
Call Today for a Free Case Evaluation
For a free case evaluation at your home, the hospital, or over the phone, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today at (713) 850-8600. Our team works on a contingency basis so there are no upfront costs unless we are successful in reaching a settlement in your case.