Humble Premises Liability Lawyer

If you are injured while shopping at the mall, can you sue the store? What if a loved one passed away because of a landlord’s negligence?

A premises liability lawyer serving Humble, TX can protect your rights in both examples and countless others. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is a plaintiff’s firm. We can pursue recovery for you if you qualify and hold a negligent property owner responsible. For a free case evaluation, please call our firm at 713-850-8600.

Know Your Rights if You Were Injured on Someone’s Property

A premises liability lawyer serving Humble will protect your rights if you were injured on someone’s property, including public buildings, stores, or private homes. If you were legally entitled to be on someone’s property and got hurt, you could qualify for financial recovery from the property owner’s insurance.

Some of the most common types of injuries that occur on someone’s premises include:

  • Dog bites and animal attacks
  • Slip and fall accidents
  • Being hit by falling objects
  • Drowning
  • Electrocution
  • Burns
  • Acts of violence

A premises liability attorney serving Humble will assess your injuries, expenses, and the circumstances of your accident. You should know that Texas has a two-year statute of limitations on personal injury lawsuits. You do not want to wait too long to find out if you qualify for recovery. Please call our premises liability lawyers serving Humble at 713-850-8600. We invite you to take advantage of a free case evaluation.

Report Injuries Immediately and Get Medical Attention

You should tell the property owner (or a representative, such as a store employee) as soon as possible after your injury. We realize that you are hurt and shaken, but it is essential to document the accident at once while details are still fresh. If you can, take pictures of the accident location. Get the telephone numbers of witnesses in case you need them to discuss the accident on your behalf.

See your doctor or healthcare provider. Even if you think you are not severely injured, only a medical professional can tell you for certain that you do not have broken bones or a concussion.

Property Owners Have a Legal Obligation to Keep a Safe Environment

Texas requires property owners

to take reasonable measures in offering a safe environment for you to shop, work, play, or visit. A premises liability attorney serving Humble can seek recovery from a liable property owner by considering these factors:

  • Establish that the owner had a duty of care to keep a safe environment, or to correct hazardous conditions within a reasonable time period.
  • Show that the owner did not know (but should have known) or did not correct a known hazard and allowed you to enter a dangerous area without warning.
  • Prove that the owner’s negligence caused your injuries and damages, such as medical bills and lost pay.

Our team believes negligent property owners should pay for their actions. Our injury lawyers serving Humble will seek recovery on your behalf so you can concentrate on feeling better.

Premises Liability Protects Lawful Visitors

A property owner has the legal obligation to repair hazards or post a warning. It is important to note that these laws apply to people that the property owner has invited onto the property. Trespassers have only a minimum amount of protection. However, this does not always mean a trespasser is out of luck if they suffer injuries on another party’s property. Our attorneys serving Humble understand premises law and will seek recovery if you qualify.

There are three categories of visitors:

  • A licensee is someone on the premises for their own purpose, but the owner is aware of their presence, such as a landscaper.
  • An invitee is a person invited or allowed by the property owner for business or personal reasons, like a house guest or a shopper.
  • A trespasser is someone the property owner did not invite onto the premises.

If you were injured on someone’s property, you could obtain financial recovery. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation.

Financial Recovery in a Premises Liability Claim

Depending on your situation and injuries, our team will pursue financial recovery for damages that may include:

  • Medical bills
  • Ongoing treatment
  • Lost pay
  • Reduced earning ability
  • Disability
  • Disfigurement
  • Pain and suffering
  • Mental anguish

The first step in seeking recovery is calling D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation. A premises liability attorney with our firm will explain your legal options so that you may make an informed decision. For a free case evaluation, please call 713-850-8600.

Special Premises Liability Consideration for Young Children

Although Texas does not offer much liability protection for adult trespassers, there are special considerations for young children. Texas follows the attractive nuisance doctrine. This law holds property owners accountable for accidents that occur from features that attract children of a tender age who are too young to understand the risk. These features include swimming pools, basketball hoops, trampolines, and swing sets.

Youngsters do not understand that they are entering someone’s property without permission, and that doing so may cause them harm. It is up to property owners to take reasonable measures to protect young children from harm who may be tempted by a playset or a swimming pool. If you have a child who was injured on another person’s property, call the team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC.

Let Us Seek Recovery While You Recuperate

Our premises liability team serving Humble will deal with the insurance company so you may focus on feeling better. However, there are a few things you can do as you recover to protect your right to financial recovery:

  • Do not post about your accident or injuries on social media.
  • Go to doctor’s appointments and follow your doctor’s orders.
  • Avoid speaking to the other party’s insurance company about your injuries.

For a free case evaluation, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600.