The first thing you should do if you were involved in a truck accident is to go see a doctor. The shock and adrenaline experienced after an accident can sometimes prevent you from recognizing a significant injury, such as whiplash or concussion.
A truck accident lawyer serving Humble can assist you in determining if you are entitled to financial recovery, due to injuries resulting from the accident. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation. You may be entitled to financial recovery for medical bills and other expenses. Please call us at 713-850-8600.
A Truck Accident Lawyer Serving Humble Understands This Type of Personal Injury
An accident between a car and a large truck brings a greater risk of severe injuries and loss of life. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), Texas is one of ten states with the highest average number of truck accidents.
Although truck accidents are more common in our state, not all law firms accept truck accident cases. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC accepts different types of truck accident cases, including:
- Drunk driving
- Defective parts
- Spilled cargo
You deserve to know your legal rights if you were injured in a truck accident. You could be entitled to financial recovery. A truck accident lawyer serving Humble will be your legal advocate against the truck driver and the truck company. For a free case evaluation, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600.
A Truck Accident Attorney Serving Humble, TX Can Help You Pursue Recovery
Depending on the circumstances of your truck accident, you could be entitled to recover damages. If the truck driver is primarily responsible for the collision, you may be entitled to financial recovery for:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost pay
- Reduced earning ability (if you can no longer work at your previous job or have other limitations resulting from the accident)
- Car and property repair or replacement
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Loss of consortium
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
A truck accident lawyer may be able to negotiate an acceptable settlement with the truck driver’s insurance company. This means that your case may be settled amicably, without having to file a lawsuit. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, Texas law generally allows two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. Please call our firm at 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
We Suggest the Following Actions After a Truck Accident in Humble
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has successfully recovered damages for many injured and disabled clients. We do all we can to optimize your potential financial recovery.
We recommend you take the following actions if you are involved in a truck accident:
- Keep all receipts and bills
- Take photos of your vehicle and other damaged property
- Follow your healthcare professional’s recommendations for treatment and follow-up care
- Refrain from posting about your accident on any social media platform
- Do not talk to the other driver’s insurance adjuster without consulting one of our truck accident lawyers
You may have questions about what happens in a truck accident insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit. We invite you to call 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
How a Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help Get You Recovery if You Qualify
Truck accidents occur in a matter of seconds. Sometimes it is difficult to decide who is primarily to blame for the collision. If you were severely injured, you may not have a clear memory of the events that occurred right before, during, or after the accident. You may be currently taking medication that could also make it difficult to remember details of the accident.
Our injury lawyers serving Humble have several ways of helping you get financial recovery if someone else caused the accident and was the at-fault party. This process begins with determining liability for the accident.
Some factors used to determine liability include:
- Did the truck driver have a duty of care to take reasonable measures to avoid the accident?
- Did the truck driver breach this duty of care for whatever reason? (For example, texting while driving)
- Did this breach cause the accident and your injuries?
- Do you have physical, emotional, and financial damages?
It is important that you keep all medical bills and other proof of accident-related expenses. Your truck accident lawyer will include these in the insurance claim.
Our Firm Has the Resources to Investigate Your Case
A truck accident lawyer serving Humble from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has the resources to help you get the recovery you may be entitled to receive.
Our truck accident lawyers and other team members will:
- Evaluate police records, witness statements, photographs, medical records, and applicable traffic laws and statutes
- Compile necessary documents to file a detailed claim against the truck driver’s insurance carrier
- Represent you on your behalf with the insurance adjuster
- Take your case to trial if the insurance company is unwilling to offer a fair settlement
A truck accident lawyer serving Humble from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will take care of your case details, so that you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
The sooner you call our firm at 713-850-8600, the sooner we can start working for you! Please contact us today for a free case evaluation.
We Pursue Recovery From All Viable Sources
Unfortunately, there are trucking companies that do not follow State and Federal safety regulations. These regulations include safety, load, and driver rest requirements. A truck accident lawyer serving Humble will help pursue recovery from all parties who may have played a role in causing your injuries.
If you were hurt in a truck accident, a truck accident lawyer serving Humble can help seek recovery, if you qualify. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Do Personal Injury Lawyers Get Their Attorneys’ Fees in Texas?
- Should I Take An Ambulance After A Car Accident In Houston?
- My Child Was Injured At School – Can I Sue?
- What Happens When You Get in a Car Accident With No Insurance in Texas?
- What Happens If The Other Driver Was Drunk In My Texas Car Accident?