You may qualify to pursue financial recovery if you or a loved one sustained a traumatic brain injury (TBI) as a result of someone else’s negligence in Huntsville. A traumatic brain injury lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will evaluate your case for free and may be able to seek recovery on your behalf.
If we believe you have a viable personal injury case based on your accident and the resulting TBI, we will likely offer to handle your case on a contingency basis. We may be able to secure compelling evidence to support your claim and pursue damages for you and your family.
Call (713) 850-8600 today to discuss your case with a traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Huntsville.
Brain Injuries Can Affect Every Aspect of the Victim’s Life
According to the National Institutes of Health, the leading causes of traumatic brain injuries are often negligent accidents such as:
- Falls, especially in children and the elderly
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Other traffic-related incidents
- Sports and recreational activities, especially in children, tweens, and teens
A little less than half of all head injury victims hospitalized for a TBI still have some level of related disability a year later. This is a significant number, especially considering that someone with a TBI could develop short- or long-term problems with:
- Cognitive functions. such as memory, focus, and concentration
- Motor functions, such as coordination, strength, and balance
- Sensations, including hearing and vision
- Behavioral control, including personality changes and difficulty controlling emotions
In some cases, people who suffer a severe traumatic brain injury may remain unconscious, suffer amnesia, or even pass away.
A moderate or severe TBI can have temporary or permanent effects that dramatically impact the victim and their family. This may include:
- Changes in relationships with family and friends
- Difficulty progressing at school
- The impossibility of returning to their previous job
- Difficulty managing their daily activities without assistance
If you or a loved one sustained a TBI near Huntsville, an attorney from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is standing by to discuss your case with you today. You may be able to seek financial recovery and hold the at-fault party liable. Call (713) 850-8600 for your free case evaluation.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Will Evaluate Your Huntsville TBI Case for Free
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, our traumatic brain injury attorneys serving Huntsville know how hard it is to adjust to living with a TBI. This is why we deal with the insurance company. It leaves you free to focus on resting, rehabilitation, and healing. You can attend therapy and do your prescribed exercises without having to worry about talking to the insurance company.
At the same time, our traumatic brain injury legal team serving Huntsville prides itself on its accessibility to clients, so you will have access to us to answer questions or provide a status update at any time. Since 2002, we have helped accident victims pursue financial recovery. If we believe your case has merit, we will likely offer to handle it on a contingency basis.
Then, we will:
- Oversee all communication with the insurance company
- Secure evidence and learn as much as possible about what led to your injuries
- Build a compelling argument to support your claim
- Work to negotiate financial recovery
- Take your case to trial if the insurance company will not negotiate in good faith
Under Texas law, we generally have two years from the date of an accident to take legal action. If we miss this deadline, the court may prevent us from taking any action on your behalf.
For this reason, we recommend calling us as soon as possible following an accident. If a beloved family member sustained a serious TBI, you can reach out to us on their behalf, and we will help you understand your options.
Call (713) 850-8600 today to get started.
Financial Recovery Based on a Huntsville Traumatic Brain Injury Case
When we pursue financial recovery for our clients, we consider the expenses, harms, and losses they suffered as a result of their accident and injuries. The recovery we seek may cover some or all of these damages. This could include:
- Medical treatment
- Ongoing and long-term care costs
- Lost wages and benefits
- Diminished earning capacity
- Property damages, if applicable
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
In some cases, certain surviving family members of an accident victim who passed away as a result of a traumatic brain injury may be able to pursue recovery. Our attorneys can evaluate your wrongful death case and explain this type of action today.
Talk to a Traumatic Brain Injury Attorney Serving Huntsville
If you or a member of our family sustained a TBI in a personal injury accident in Huntsville or a nearby area, an attorney from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC would like to discuss your legal options with you today. A traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Huntsville on our team will evaluate the merits of your case, identify any potentially liable parties, and give you a good idea of whether you have a viable personal injury case.
We may be able to pursue financial recovery on your behalf, including medical care costs, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. Call (713) 850-8600 now to get started with a free case evaluation with a member of our team.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Should You Deal With Your Insurance Company After an Auto Accident?
- Are There Any Downsides To Having The Texas Minimum For Auto Insurance In An Accident?
- What if You Have Trouble Paying Medical Bills After a Serious Car Accident?
- How Does Maximum Medical Improvement Apply to My Injury Case?
- How Do Personal Injury Lawyers Get Paid In Texas?