If you or a loved one has suffered injuries after an accident with an 18-wheeler or semi-truck, you could be entitled to financial recovery. This financial recovery may cover your losses, such as medical bills, lost pay, and other damages.
An 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help you pursue recovery. We understand that this is a traumatic time for you and will do all we can to get you the recovery you deserve.
Call us today for a free case evaluation: (713) 850-8600.
How Our 18-Wheeler and Semi-Truck Accident Lawyers May Help You
Few people have the experience and knowledge to comfortably navigate Texas liability and negligence laws. It can be a time-consuming process, and you will also be facing lawyers and insurance adjusters who represent the defendant.
That is why you are encouraged to learn about your legal options from an 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident lawyer serving Irving. We offer free case evaluations and will give you an honest assessment so you may make an informed decision about the next step.
If you choose to go forward with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, our legal team offers many services that include:
- Free case evaluation by phone, at your home, the hospital, or our office
- Gathering evidence and documentation that supports liability
- Valuating your damages
- Identifying liable parties
- Negotiating with the insurance adjuster
- Taking your case to trial if necessary
Our lawyers will help you recover damages on a contingency basis.
What Injuries Might Occur from an 18-Wheeler and Semi-Truck Accident
A fully loaded 18-wheeler truck can weigh as much as 44,000 pounds. That is ten times the weight of an average car. This can result in severe and sometimes life-threatening injuries.
As 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident lawyers, we have seen some of the following injuries after this type of collision:
- Fractured, crushed, or broken bones
- Internal bleeding
- Whiplash and neck injuries
- Spinal cord and back injuries
- Deep lacerations that could scar
- Extensive bruising
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Loss of bodily function
Any type of accident also may cause emotional injuries, which might include:
- Changes in appetite
An 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident lawyer serving Irving with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will consider your physical and emotional injuries to valuate your damages. To learn more, call (713) 850-8600.
We Accept 18-Wheeler Accident Cases
Not all law firms accept accidents that involve 18-wheelers and semi-trucks. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is here to help you after many types of these cases, including:
- Drunk driving (DWI) accidents
- Accidents caused by fatigue
- Distracted driving accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Left-turn accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Cargo-related accidents
- Reckless driving accidents
- Defective tires, parts, or repairs
You should not have to suffer financially for someone else’s negligence. You also could recover damages if you lost a loved one in an 18-wheeler or semi-truck accident. Our lawyers can file a wrongful death lawsuit for you and other surviving family members.
Proving Liability with Evidence
We dig deep to find evidence that shows how the other party is liable.
This evidence might include:
- On-board digital information systems
- Driver’s digital log
- Red-light camera video or other photographic evidence
- Photos of your damaged car, road debris, and skid marks
- Eyewitness statements
- Police report
- Examination of safety, training, and maintenance records
An 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident may involve several parties. A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can use evidence to demonstrate liability. We urge you to contact us today for a free case evaluation. Call now: (713) 850-8600.
Elements that Determine Liability
Even if the other party did not mean to hurt you, you are injured and facing medical bills, lost pay, and other damages. A lawyer with our firm will consider certain elements that can determine if the other party is liable.
These elements are:
- Establishing that the other party owed you a duty of care to prevent the accident through reasonable measures
- Showing how the other party did not uphold this duty of care for some reason (for example, following too closely or improperly loaded cargo)
- Connecting this negligence as causation of your injuries
- Demonstrating that these injuries led to damages, such as medical bills and other losses
An 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident lawyer serving Irving with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can identify all liable parties. These might include the trucking company, safety inspectors, manufacturers, and others.
Damages from an 18-Wheeler and Semi-Truck Accident
Depending on your injuries, you could recover damages that might include:
- Medical treatment
- Lost pay
- Property damage
- Related out-of-pocket expenses
- Diminished earning ability
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium or companionship
If you lost a loved one in the accident, you might be entitled to damages with a wrongful death claim and lawsuit. Please accept our condolences during this sorrowful time.
We invite you to learn more about potential recovery for injuries or loss of life after an 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident. Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
When to Call an 18-Wheeler and Semi-Truck Accident Lawyer
Our lawyers can file an insurance claim on your behalf with the other party’s insurance carrier. We will negotiate an acceptable claim so that you may start to move on with your life.
It may be necessary for us to take your case to court if the other side refuses to negotiate. You generally have two years under Texas law to file a personal injury lawsuit. A complaint filed after the statute of limitations has passed will be dismissed.
Call Today to Learn About Potential Recovery
You have a limited time to take legal action against a negligent driver. Our 18-wheeler and semi-truck accident lawyers serving Irving are here to help. For a free case evaluation, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Should You Do If Your Uber or Lyft Driver Gets in an Accident in Texas?
- Does Insurance Cover Car Accidents Caused By Icy Roads?
- Am I Allowed To Sue if I Was a Passenger in a Car Accident in Texas?
- What Are The Effects Of Traumatic Brain Injury On Your Financial Situation?
- Who Can I Sue if I Was Injured While Riding a Houston METRO Bus?