Car accident injuries could leave you disabled or with other serious lifelong health issues. Even minor injuries disrupt your life, your job, and your well-being.
That is why you should not hesitate to call us and work with a car accident lawyer serving Irving who may be able to help you recover damages from the person who caused the accident.
Our legal team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help you with filing an insurance claim and taking legal action, if necessary. If you would like to learn more about potential recovery, please call us today: (713) 850-8600.
First Step After a Car Accident: Medical Attention
Your first action after any kind of car accident is to get medical attention. You might already be in the hospital or under a doctor’s care. If you are, we strongly suggest that you follow the prescribed course of treatment.
If you have not seen a doctor or healthcare professional, please do. Some types of injuries may not have symptoms until hours or even days after the accident. You will want to avoid further injury by having a doctor check you over.
After you receive medical care, we suggest the following actions:
- Keep all doctor bills and other accident-related expenses.
- Politely decline to speak to the insurance adjuster until you have the chance to talk to a member of our team.
- Avoid posting content or pictures about the accident on social media.
The sooner you call for a free case evaluation, the sooner we could help you recover damages for your medical bills, lost pay, and other losses.
We Can Protect You and Help You Recover Damages
We have seen the terrible results of car accidents that are physical, emotional, and financial. Since 2002, our firm has helped people who were injured or harmed by someone’s negligence. You should not have to suffer twice for a reckless or wrongful act.
Our lawyers can help you recover damages with personalized legal services that include:
- Protecting and preserving your rights
- Examining your injuries, losses, and prognosis
- Representing you to the insurance adjuster or the other party’s lawyer
- Relieving you of the time-consuming task of filing an insurance claim
- Preparing your case for court if that is the best option under the circumstances
A car accident lawyer serving Irving with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help you recover damages. Please call today for your free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.
What We Do to Pursue Recovery
One of the tactics used by a negligent driver is to shift the blame onto you, the injured party. You may pursue recovery if the other driver’s risky driving was primarily the reason for the accident.
Texas has complex liability and negligence laws that put the burden of proof on the injured party (the plaintiff). Our lawyers can build a compelling claim and fight for justice.
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may:
- Review witness statements and police reports of the accident
- Request results of any related blood alcohol or drug test
- Talk to your doctor about the extent and severity of your injuries and your expected prognosis
- Collect evidence such as photos, videos, or other documentation
- Examine the driver’s history and any record of violations or accidents
Our team will uncover the cause and liable party behind your accident while you take the time you need to recover and recuperate.
We Have a Large Practice Area for Car Accidents
Our lawyers can help you after most kinds of car accidents, including:
- Drowsy driving or fell-asleep-at-the-wheel accidents
- Driving while intoxicated or under the influence of drugs
- Driving while texting or other distractions
- Rollover accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Accidents caused by debris or dangerous road conditions
- Accidents caused by defective tire treads or other parts
- Reckless driving
A car accident lawyer serving Irving with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC also handles accidents that involve trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, buses, pedestrians, and Uber or Lyft vehicles.
Please call us today for a free case evaluation: (713) 850-8600.
We Seek Recovery on Your Behalf
It is common to feel anxious, upset, or frustrated if you were injured in an accident that was not your fault. You should not have to deal with an insurance adjuster while you are getting over your car accident injuries.
As your legal advocate, your lawyer can objectively assess your losses and can pursue damages that might include:
- Ambulance service
- Emergency room or urgent care
- Rehabilitative therapies
- Lost pay because of injuries
- Property damage
- Rental car charges
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
We might also seek recovery for additional damages such as:
- Diminished earning ability
- Loss of companionship or consortium
- Lifecare expenses
You should not have to pay for someone’s reckless behavior or wrongful act. Let us take care of seeking recovery while you focus on feeling better.
Move Over or Slow Down
All drivers in Texas are required by law to yield to emergency vehicles, including fire, police, and ambulances. You also must move over or slow down for Texas Department of Transportation vehicles with overhead flashing amber or blue lights. Drivers also must move over a lane (when possible) or slow down when they approach transportation workers.
You could receive a traffic citation and fine if you do not move over or slow down in these situations.
A Car Accident Attorney Serving Irving Is Ready to Help
If you or a loved one suffered injury from a careless driver, you could recover damages. A car accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is ready to help. We will protect your rights and help you seek financial recovery.
Call for your free case evaluation today at (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Do You Know If Your Injuries Are Serious Enough to Contact a Lawyer?
- Can You Recover Money for Lost Earnings After a Car Accident?
- What Types of Injury Cases Fall Under Premises Liability Law In Texas?
- What Qualities Should You Look For When Hiring A Personal Injury Lawyer In Houston?
- What Do I Do If I Was a Victim of George Tyndall at USC?