Recovering damages from an accident involving a commercial vehicle can be challenging for most people. It is not as simple as completing an insurance claim and sending to the other party’s carrier.
That is why many accident victims exercise their legal right to have a lawyer of their choosing to represent them. Texas has complicated liability and negligence laws, and you do not want to jeopardize your one and only chance to seek financial recovery.
Please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today for a free case evaluation. If you cannot come to our office because of your injuries, a team member can meet with you at the hospital or your home. Call us today: (713) 850-8600.
A Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer Can Help You Pursue Damages
Accidents are rarely without a cause. If you or a loved one was hurt in an accident that was not your fault, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will help you recover damages.
Our commercial vehicle accident lawyers serving Irving follow a careful process to help you recover damages while you recuperate from your injuries.
This process typically includes:
- Find out what or who caused the accident
- Collect necessary evidence to show liability
- Contact the other party’s insurance company
- File and manage your insurance claim
- Negotiate for the best possible outcome
We will attempt to recover damages through an acceptable insurance settlement. If the other side does not cooperate, we can take your case to court. A personal injury lawsuit is often the result of unacceptable settlement offers from the insurance company.
How Long You Have to File a Lawsuit
Texas limits the time you have to legally pursue damages after a commercial vehicle accident. This is called the statute of limitations. This statute of limitations is two years from the date you were injured.
If you lost a loved one from injuries sustained in the collision, you usually have two years from the date of their passing to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
It takes time to gather evidence, secure testimony, and build a persuasive case. We encourage you to call us today so that you may have all your financial recovery options available.
For a free case evaluation, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today: (713) 850-8600.
Call Us After a Commercial Vehicle Accident
Commercial vehicles are used entirely for business, commercial, and industrial purposes. The type of vehicle might include:
- Large trucks
- 18-wheelers and semi-trucks
- Panel vans and trucks
- Motor coaches
- Town cars or livery service
- Tow trucks
- Fleet cars
- Construction vehicles (forklifts, cranes, etc.)
- Commercial agricultural vehicles
People who drive or operate commercial vehicles must have the training and, in some cases, obtain a special license. A commercial vehicle accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will check to ensure that the operator completed this necessary training and licensing.
Our Process to Help You Recover Damages
There may be many different versions of events after any kind of traffic accident. That is why our firm carefully evaluates the evidence to establish how the other party might be held accountable.
This investigatory process includes:
- On-board digital information systems
- Traffic cameras and other videos
- Photos and physical evidence from the accident scene
- Witness statements
- Police reports
Our lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may also reach out to experts who can recreate the accident.
After We Gather Evidence, We Establish Liability
You could recover damages from an accident that was not your fault if we can show how the other party is responsible.
A lawyer with our firm will use the evidence to determine the following:
- The other party owed you a duty of care to take reasonable measures to avoid harming you.
- The other party failed to uphold this duty of care.
- This negligence caused your injuries, which resulted in economic and noneconomic damages.
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped many clients recover damages. Our lawyers work to recover damages for you on a contingency basis.
For a free case evaluation, call now: (713) 850-8600.
We Handle Many Types of Accidents
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can help after any type of commercial vehicle accident, including:
- Falling asleep at the wheel (drowsy driving)
- Distracted driving accidents (such as texting while driving)
- Drunk driving (DWI) accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Head-on collision with injuries
- Defective tires or manufacturer parts
- Cargo related accidents
We represent motorists, pedestrians, motorcycle riders, and bicyclists who are injured because of someone’s reckless driving.
We Seek Damages on Your Behalf
Commercial vehicle accident injuries can be significant. We believe that you should not have to pay for someone’s negligent act. A commercial vehicle accident attorney serving Irving with our firm will identify all liable parties who caused your injuries.
Some of the damages that are associated with commercial vehicle accident injuries include:
- Lost pay while you are recuperating
- Medical treatment (past and ongoing)
- Property damage
- Disability (both temporary and lifetime)
- Disfigurement (such as severe scarring and burns)
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
Our lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will protect your rights and help pursue recovery. You deserve a strong legal advocate to navigate the complex process of financial recovery. For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
Texting While Driving Is Illegal in Texas
According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TDOT), distracted driving is a factor in one out of every five accidents.
Texas passed a ban on texting while operating a motor vehicle in 2017 as part of the Text, Talk, Crash. campaign. This includes electronic messaging and email.
The TDOT recommends that you pull over to a safe location before you text. They also suggest that you use a smartphone app that sends an autoreply when it senses you are driving.
We urge you to stay safe and legal. Do not text and drive.
For Potential Financial Recovery, Call a Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer Today
You could be entitled to damages for a commercial vehicle accident that was not your fault. Contact D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today to find out how we may be able to recover damages for medical bills, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Call (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- If A Car Accident Is Not My Fault, What Do I Do?
- What Does the USC Sexual Abuse Settlement Cover?
- Can You File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit if Someone Dies in a Fatal Motorcycle Accident in Texas?
- How Do Personal Injury Lawyers Get Paid In Texas?
- What Do I Do If I Was a Victim of Sexual Assault While in College?