The decision to hire a traumatic brain injury attorney should be carefully considered. You want to feel comfortable and confident about your choice.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has successfully recovered damages for other traumatic brain injury victims and their families. While past results are not a guarantee of future outcomes, we are committed to helping you recover the damages and justice you deserve.
Please call us today at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation. You could recover damages for hospitalization, specialists, and other expenses caused by someone’s careless or negligent act.
Why Traumatic Brain Injuries Become a Financial Nightmare
A traumatic brain injury (TBI) is one of the worst kinds of trauma that a person can sustain. It is common for people with this type of head injury to suffer from permanent brain damage, physical limitations, and even experience a personality transformation.
These severe cognitive and physical injuries can quickly translate into expensive medical care. You will have to pay these bills yourself unless you are able to prove to the insurance company that it was not your fault.
As injury attorneys, we have heard many stories about financial pressures and even bankruptcy.
It is our goal to help you recover damages from the liable party. We help you pursue recovery on a contingency basis and will give you a case evaluation for free.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today for your free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.
Common Causes of a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Traumatic brain injuries occur with a blow or jolt to the brain. This disrupts normal brain activity and can lead to life-threatening medical conditions such as paralysis, coma, or vegetative state.
According to the Mayo Clinic, the most common causes of traumatic brain injury are:
- Traffic accidents
- Violent acts
- Falling objects on the head
- Military combat or explosive blasts
Traumatic brain injuries in infants are usually caused by a fall or shaking the baby. This is known as shaken baby syndrome and is a form of child abuse. If you suspect that a TBI in a baby was caused by violent shaking, take immediate action.
Our Brain Injury Attorneys Uncover the Liable Parties
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will examine the circumstances, timeline, and involved parties that led to you or your loved one suffering this injury.
We can use our resources to investigate your personal injury case and uncover evidence that might include:
- Police reports
- Witness statements
- Photos or videos of the incident or accident site
- Input from your doctor on the extent and severity of the injury and your prognosis
We also review the defendant’s (other parties) history for prior complaints, similar incidents, drug or alcohol test results, and other information relevant to building your case. For example, if you or your loved one was injured in a truck accident, we will examine the driver’s safety and training record.
You could be entitled to recovery if we can prove that another party is responsible. Contact a personal injury lawyer today for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.
We Manage Your Insurance Claim
One of the most frequently asked questions during a free case evaluation is whether the client will have to go to court. Each case is different, but we have successfully recovered damages for clients by reaching an acceptable insurance settlement.
Depending on the circumstances of your case, our injury attorneys can file an insurance claim against the defendant’s insurance coverage, which might be:
- Automobile insurance
- Homeowner or property insurance
- Medical malpractice insurance
- Personal injury or liability insurance
A traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Irving with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can file and manage your insurance claim. We also will negotiate on your behalf for an acceptable settlement.
Frequently Recovered Damages for a Personal Injury Case
Traumatic brain injuries range from mild, also known as a concussion, to life-threatening. Doctors may need to perform emergency brain surgery if there is swelling or bleeding on the brain. They may also have to remove broken pieces of the skull or the object that permeated the skull, such as a bullet.
Many traumatic brain injury patients need extensive rehabilitation and therapy. Some may have to relearn how to walk, talk, and perform daily living activities.
An injury lawyer with our law firm will assess your brain injuries to determine what compensatory damages to pursue.
These damages might include:
- Emergency care
- Specialists including neurologists
- Medical tests and prescriptions
- Lifecare costs
- Rehabilitative therapy
- Lost pay while you are recuperating
- Property damage (for example, if you were in a car accident and your vehicle needs repair or replacement)
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of companionship or consortium
Your journey to pursuing recovery starts with calling for a free case evaluation with a traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Irving at (713) 850-8600.
Support for Traumatic Brain Injury Patients and Caregivers
Both the person who suffered a brain injury and his or her family members or caregivers will need support to deal with this catastrophic event.
The Mayo Clinic has a list of suggestions for patients and caregivers that include:
- Ask your healthcare provider for a list of traumatic brain injury support groups so that you may find encouragement and coping skills from others in similar situations.
- Take recovery at your own pace and expect that progress may be slow.
- Keep a calendar or journal to help you remember doctor appointments and other important events.
- Be consistent in your daily routine to help the patient build confidence and to reduce stress on caregivers.
There also may be online support groups if traveling is difficult for you.
Contact D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Today
You generally have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit under Texas law. We recommend that you call our personal injury law firm today to find out how our lawyers can help you recover damages from the liable person or entity.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Are the Three Types of Human Trafficking?
- Who Do You Sue If Your Car Accident Was Caused By A Tire Blowout in Texas?
- What Should You Do If Your Uber or Lyft Driver Gets in an Accident in Texas?
- How Long Will My Car Accident Case Take to Settle in Texas?
- Does Texas Have a Statute Of Limitations For Personal Injury Claims?