Did you or a loved one suffer injuries in a car accident? You deserve justice, and a car accident lawyer can help you fight for it. Injuries from auto accidents can prevent you from working and leave you with astronomical medical bills, high insurance costs, and a painful road to recovery. Call a car accident lawyer in Katy at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for help getting the settlement you deserve.
Discuss your case with our team today: 713-850-8600.
What Can I Expect from the Car Accident Claims Process?
If you believe another party is responsible for your car accident, you need to file a claim with his insurer. A successful claim requires establishing the following four elements of negligence:
- Duty of care: The other party had a duty to drive carefully and keep other drivers from undue harm.
- Breach of duty: The other party failed to meet this obligation by acting carelessly or recklessly (e.g., speeding, driving while intoxicated, distracted, or fatigued, running stop signs or red lights, etc.)
- Causation: The failure to meet the obligation caused the accident and your injuries. For example, the driver ran a red light and T-boned your car. You suffered internal injuries in the crash.
- Damages: You sustained damages (e.g., medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, etc.)
Establishing these four elements requires evidence. The evidence we must collect depends on the specific circumstances of the crash; however, we will likely need many of the following pieces of evidence:
- The police report
- Eyewitness statements
- Surveillance video from nearby businesses (it may have recorded the accident)
- Red light camera footage
- Cell phone records
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- Testimony from accident reconstructionists and medical experts
Your D. Miller team will handle the evidence gathering process, so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
What Is My Claim Worth?
Each case is different, so we cannot tell you what your claim might be worth without looking at the expenses in your case. Come in for your free consultation to determine what your accident might be worth.
Regardless of the specific value of each of your losses, you can expect to recover compensation for any of the following:
- Medical expenses (e.g., emergency treatment, surgical costs, hospital expenses, future care costs, round the clock care, etc.)
- Lost wages (this includes any time you took off to recover or attend doctor’s appointments or any time you needed to leave work early due to the pain of your injuries)
- Lost earning capacity (if you needed to work fewer hours, accept a lesser-paying job, or retire)
- Miscellaneous expenses (e.g., parking fees at your doctor’s office, gas to get to your physical therapy appointments, etc.)
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of quality of life
One of our attorneys is also an accountant. His knowledge and experience allow us to determine an exact value for your claim.
The Insurer Is Asking for a Recorded Statement. Should I Give One?
The insurer can and will use anything you say during this recorded statement against you. If you say anything the insurance adjuster can twist into an admission of fault, the insurer might be able to reduce your settlement or deny your claim completely.
Direct any questions to your Managing Attorney at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC. We know what tricks the insurers might try to pull and how to defend your case against them.
The Insurer Offered Me a Settlement. Should I Take It?
Never accept an accident settlement before running it by an attorney.
The first offer from the insurer is often much too low to cover your accident losses.
You only receive one settlement from the insurance company. After you have agreed to a settlement, you cannot go to the insurance company later and ask for more money.
We will consult your receipts, bills, and records to determine what your case is worth. We will negotiate with the insurer to get you the compensation you deserve. If the insurer refuses to offer a fair settlement, we can take the case to court.
How Can D. Miller Law Help with My Car Accident?
We handle your case in its entirety. We will:
- Gather all necessary evidence to prove fault and establish your damages
- Manage communication with the insurance company (This protects your claim from anything you might unintentionally admit.)
- Negotiate with the insurer
- Keep you updated on your case
- Settle your case as quickly as possible (while still getting you the compensation you deserve)
Call a Katy Car Accident Lawyer Today
Finding the right accident lawyer can be the most important step to getting the compensation you need. We have decades of experience in personal injury cases, and we can help you get results.
To get started, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600. The consultation costs you nothing. You also pay nothing until you win your case.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Happens If You Get In An Accident Without A License In Texas?
- Do Insurance Companies Pay For Pain And Suffering?
- How Should You Deal With Your Insurance Company After an Auto Accident?
- What Should You Do If You Were Injured in A Hit and Run Accident in Texas?
- Are the Benefits From Workers’ Compensation Taxable In Texas?