When someone is negligent or careless and you get hurt as a result, you may have a legal claim against them and could qualify for a financial recovery for your injuries and other losses.
A personal injury lawyer serving Killeen from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, can help guide you through legal proceedings to seek recovery for your accident-related losses.
We Handle All Types of Personal Injury Cases
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, has dedicated our time and efforts to stand up for the rights of the injury victims of Texas. We can handle your case from start to finish, so you need not worry about anything but recovering from your injuries.
Our lawyers represent injured clients in all types of personal injury claims, such as:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Semi truck accidents
- Defective products, drugs, and medical devices
- Slip and fall accidents
- Dog bites
- Medical malpractice
You Can Pursue All Parties Who Are Responsible for Causing Your Accident
Most personal injury cases rest on evidence that shows that another party was negligent in causing the accident that led to your injuries. Negligence refers to careless or reckless behavior that puts others at an unreasonable risk of harm or that would differ from how a reasonable person would act in the same situation.
Proof of negligence generally requires evidence of four separate elements:
- The negligent party owed a duty of care to the injured party.
- The negligent party violated the duty of care owed to the injured party.
- The accident would not have occurred had the negligent party not violated the duty of care owed to the injured party.
- The accident resulted in injuries or damages.
Various parties can be responsible or negligent in an accident. Examples include:
- A speeding or drunk driver on U.S. Highway 190 may be negligent in causing a car accident that injures others.
- A store owner at Eastlake Shopping Center who fails to warn customers of a slippery or damaged floor may be negligent if a customer slips and falls.
- A trucking company that fails to properly screen a truck driver before hiring him or monitor his compliance with safety regulations may be negligent if the truck driver causes an accident and you get hurt.
Other parties may be liable for injuries, as well. These parties could include manufacturers of defective vehicle parts or medications and doctors who commit medical malpractice. Many personal injury cases involve more than one defendant or potentially liable party.
You Can Seek Various Damages as Part of Your Recovery for Your Injuries
When the carelessness of others is the primary cause of your accident, you have the right to pursue those parties for the costs of your injuries and related expenses. While the types of damages can vary widely from one personal injury case to another, some damages are common to many cases.
As a personal injury lawyer serving Killeen from our law firm may advise you, your financial recovery may include damages for:
- Bills for medical treatment, medication, rehabilitation, and home health care
- Lost wages and loss of reduced income or earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
- Permanent disability
- Wrongful death damages
While you concentrate on getting back on your feet, we can work on your behalf to get you the financial recovery that you need to assist you.
Our Law Firm is Here to Help You with Your Personal Injury Case
We pride ourselves on being accessible to our clients at all times. When you cannot come to us, we can come to you at home, at work, or at the hospital. All you have to do is call, and we will make it as simple as possible for you to access our legal services.
When you hire our personal injury attorneys, you can depend on them to:
- Collect the incident report, photos and video of the incident and your injuries, medical records, and witness statements
- Determine the liable party
- Keep in contact with all parties involved in your case
- Adhere to all deadlines
- Negotiate a settlement
- Represent you in court, if necessary
If you have any questions about your case or anything about the legal process in general, please reach out to your lawyer. We want to keep you posted so that you are never left in the dark.
We Will Ensure That You Meet All Filing Deadlines in Your Personal Injury Case
Texas law generally provides that you have two years from your accident date to file your personal injury case in court. The law does provide some exceptions to these rules for certain types of cases and situations. As a result, getting prompt legal advice about your case can be crucial to meeting any applicable deadlines.
Missing these filing deadlines, also known as the statute of limitations, is likely to result in the dismissal of your case. You will be left with no legal remedy to pursue the parties at fault for your injuries. In that case, you will be solely responsible for the costs of your injuries and your related losses, even if someone else primarily caused your accident.
Get Answers from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, in a Case Evaluation Today
You should not hesitate to call us and talk to us about your accident. We will offer you a case evaluation so that you can understand your rights and options for legal recourse.
Reach out to D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, today so that we can learn more about your case. We stand ready to answer your questions and evaluate any legal claims that you may have. Our personal injury lawyers serving Killeen can help you move forward from your accident and get any financial recovery for which you may qualify.