Premises liability occurs when a property owner or other party neglected to maintain a safe environment. As a result, you suffered from a slip and fall or other type of accident. You may be paying medical bills or financially suffering from lost income.

If this is your situation, contact D. Miller & Associates, PLLC. Our law firm offers legal assistance to people who were hurt on someone else’s property. We may be able to help you establish liability and successfully negotiate with the at-fault party.

To schedule a case assessment with a premises liability lawyer in Kingwood, TX, call 713-850-8600.

Premises Liability Cases Our Law Firm Handles

Our legal team will take on the at-fault party and their insurance company to help you recover the damages you deserve. Some of the cases we’ve handled in the past include:

  • Slips and falls
  • Dog attacks and bites
  • Personal property injuries
  • Injuries sustained on the job
  • Employee negligence
  • Improper signage or warnings
  • Poor rental property conditions

Determining Who is to Blame for Your Damages

In a premises liability case, we must first establish that someone else’s negligence caused your injuries. If we can take on your case, we can assist you in establishing liability.

A D. Miller & Associates, PLLC premises liability attorney can go over the facts of the case and then help you prepare for your claim.

Some of the at-fault parties we may investigate include:

The Person Who Owned the Property

A property owner is responsible for maintaining both the inside and outside of their property. If the owner’s negligence led to an accident and your injuries, they may be liable.

An Employee Who Worked on the Property

In some cases, the owner is at fault for the accident if it was on their property. For instance, an employee who failed to clean up a mess on the floor. The employee’s reckless behavior created a dangerous situation that led to your injuries.

A Homeowner Who Hosted a Social Gathering

If you were injured on private property, you may still be eligible to file a lawsuit against the homeowner if we can establish that the owner failed to create a safe place for guests.

A Landlord Who Rented Out a Property

You may have noticed that the home you are renting had structural problems or an unsafe area. If you complained to the landlord, but they failed to fix the problem, you can file a claim.

Regardless of who is to blame for your injuries, we may be able to help you make a claim against the negligent party.

To find out more about how a premises liability lawyer in Kingwood, TX can assist you in all your legal matters, contact D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600.

How a D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Attorney Can Manage Your Case

Our law firm may be able to handle your case in the following ways:

Build Your Case

Once you file a claim, our law firm begins building your case by contacting the guilty party’s insurance company. We then submit all necessary documents and proof of liability to begin negotiations.

Find Proof of Who Was at Fault for Your Injury

There may be several sources we can draw from to establish liability. Some of the pieces of evidence we may gather include:

  • Medical bills, records, and receipts
  • Media sources such as videos and photos
  • Testimony from bystanders who witnessed the accident
  • Police accounts
  • Proof of lost wages from your job

Contact a Medical Authority on Your Injuries

We may contact a medical expert who can testify that the at-fault party’s negligence led to your injuries. They may also confirm the extent and seriousness of your injuries.

Proceed with Negotiations

The insurance company may propose a settlement at first. We can review the offer to determine if you want to accept it or counter. If you reject the offer, we await the insurance company’s response.

Submit a Lawsuit Against the At-Fault Party

If the insurance company denies your claim, we discuss your options. If you want to proceed with a civil lawsuit, we may be able to represent you in Texas court.

What You May be Eligible to Recover for Your Losses

Although it is impossible to estimate the value of your case, there are a wide range of damages you may recover. Victims of accidents on someone else’s property often pursue recovery for the following costs.

Surgeries or Other Medical Costs

The severity of your injuries determines your medical expenses. Some examples include emergency room care, surgeries and procedures, pain medication or medical devices, and ongoing visits with your doctor.

Lost Income or Your Work Benefits Package

You may be unable to return to work due to the severity of your injury. You may also be permanently disabled and unable to draw an income or take care of your family. You may be eligible to recover these damages.

How Long Do You Have to File a Claim in Texas?

Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code, Title 2 § 16.033

allows you to submit a claim within two years of the accident. If you miss the deadline, you may be unable to proceed with your case.

Therefore, you need to file a claim within the two-year limitation.

Kingwood, TX Premises Liability Law Firm

If you were injured on someone else’s property, don’t wait to file a claim. A premises liability lawyer in Kingwood, TX can answer your questions and help you with your case.

Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600 today to set up a no-cost case assessment.