A tractor-trailer accident lawyer serving Kingwood, Texas may be able to help you pursue financial recovery if you are injured by another party’s negligence. There are many factors in an accident involving a tractor-trailer, such as multiple defendants and large commercial insurance policies.
You should know that insurance companies are often eager to settle accidents as quickly and cheaply as possible. We strongly encourage you to talk to a member of our team before you make a statement to the insurance company or accept a settlement.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Why You Should Reach Out to a Tractor-Trailer Accident Lawyer
Accidents involving tractor-trailers (also known as 18-wheelers and semi-trucks) tend to be complex. A trucking firm and its insurance carrier may try to undervalue your claim to save money. If you are injured or taking care of an injured loved one, you may find it daunting to deal with these parties on your own.
A tractor-trailer accident lawyer serving Kingwood, Texas has a deep understanding of our state’s complex liability and negligence laws. It is your right to have a lawyer speak on your behalf to the other party, including their insurance company.
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can protect your rights and help you pursue damages with client-centered services that include:
- Thorough and objective evaluation of your injuries and damages.
- Review police reports, witness statements, photos, and other evidence.
- Obtain testimony from accident, medical, and financial experts as appropriate.
- File a claim with the other party’s insurance.
- Negotiate a fair settlement.
Texas Law has a two-year statute of limitations on personal injury cases. That is why you are invited to call today for a free case evaluation: (713) 850-8600.
We Offer Personalized Legal Care After a Tractor-Trailer Accident
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may be able to help you or a loved one for accidents such as:
- Drunk driving (DWI) accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drowsy driving accidents
- Jackknife accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Rollover accidents
- Sideswipe accidents
- Drive under accidents
- Reckless driving accidents
- Cargo accidents
- Defective tire (or other manufacturer part) accidents
- Hit and run accidents
Tractor-trailer trucks can weigh as much as ten times more than the average vehicle. You should not have to deal with pursuing damages while you are injured. A tractor-trailer accident lawyer can be your strong legal advocate, allowing you to focus on your health and loved ones.
We Establish Liability to Help You Recover Damages
There are always two sides to every accident story. That is why our lawyers rely on evidence and facts to establish liability against the other party. We dig deep into the cause of the accident with the intention of proving that:
- The other party owed you a duty of care to take reasonable measures in avoiding the collision;
- The other party breached this duty of care in some way;
- This breach of duty caused you to suffer injury;
- These injuries have left you with damages such as medical bills, lost pay, and pain and suffering.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has the resources to investigate, negotiate, and if necessary, litigate your case for the best possible outcome.
Who May Be Held Accountable
You could be entitled to recover damages even if the other party did not mean to hurt you. It is not your fault that you were injured in an accident caused by negligence, error, or omission.
We identify all parties who contributed to the accident, either directly or vicariously, such as the employer. These parties could include:
- Trucking company
- Truck leasing company (if different)
- Company whose goods and cargo are being shipped
- Safety inspectors
- Other motorists
It is not unseemly to pursue financial recovery for your injuries and damages. A tractor-trailer lawyer with our firm can help you understand your legal rights and options.
Seeking Recovery for Damages
It is our experience that tractor-trailer accidents can often be successfully resolved through an insurance settlement. Trucking companies must carry large commercial policies for bodily injury, property damage, and liability. A tractor-trailer accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may be able to negotiate a fair settlement with the defendant’s insurance carrier.
Your damages may include some of the following:
- Medical care and treatment including emergency services, hospital stay, surgery, doctor’s visits, prescriptions, and follow-up care
- Lost pay from missed work due to your injuries
- Property damage including temporary transportation
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
Depending on the extent and severity of your injuries, you could be entitled to pursue recovery for:
- Disability (temporary or permanent)
- Loss of consortium or companionship
A lawyer with our firm can also help if you lost a loved one due to tractor-trailer injuries. Please accept our condolences and allow us to pursue wrongful death damages on your behalf.
Common Causes of Tractor-Trailer Accidents
According to the National Safety Council (NSC), nearly all motor vehicle accidents are caused by driver error. In 94 percent of all accidents, drivers failed to act or acted recklessly, causing the accident.
There are several reasons why tractor-trailer accidents happen, including:
- Distracted driving (i.e. texting while driving)
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Drowsy driving or falling asleep at the wheel
- Driving too fast for weather, road, and traffic conditions
- Overloaded tractor-trailers
- Insufficient driver training
- Improper vehicle or trailer maintenance
- Reckless driving
Connect with a Tractor-Trailer Accident Lawyer Today
If you or a loved one was hurt in a tractor-trailer accident that was not your fault, please contact D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today. A tractor-trailer accident lawyer serving Kingwood, Texas may be able to help you recover damages from the liable party. Call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation today.