Losing a loved one is one of the most difficult things you can deal with in life. Knowing that your loss stems from an avoidable collision only compounds matters. Aside from your grief, you may wonder how you’ll pay for your loved one’s end-of-life expenses–among other things.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC→ wants to be part of your support network. Our fatal car accident lawyers serving Laredo have one goal: to secure financial recovery for your hardships. Now, you can start a free case evaluation and explore your legal rights.
The Benefits of Partnering With Our Fatal Car Accident Team Serving Laredo
Finding the “right” legal team can make the difference between a smooth claims process and a world of stress. Here’s what you can expect from our lawyers:
We Will Prove Negligence Caused Your Loved One’s Passing
The at-fault party could be another motorist, product manufacturer, or government agency. Yet, to pursue them for damages, we must prove negligence. This requires showing that because another party acted unreasonably, it caused your loved one to suffered fatal injuries, and you have various losses.
We Will File Your Lawsuit Within the Statute of Limitations
The statute of limitations refers to how long you have to file a lawsuit. Texas law notes that you generally have two years to file your case. Your filing period begins from the date of your loved one’s passing–not their collision.
Two years can seem like a long time, but the legal process can drag on for months or even longer. If you’re considering legal action, we encourage you to reach out to our team. The sooner we learn about your case, the sooner we can set it in motion.
We Will Seek Each of Your Wrongful Death-Related Losses
Damages in wrongful death claims vary. We will seek:
- Emotional pain
- Your loved one’s healthcare expenses, such as hospice
- Funeral costs
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage expenses
This isn’t an exhaustive list of recoverable damages. We want to resolve your case with the best possible outcome.
We Can Determine the Cause of Your Loved One’s Fatal Car Accident in Laredo
Knowing the cause of your loved one’s accident helps us strategize your case. Our investigation may find that one or more of the following factors caused the fatal collision:
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or other impairing substances
- Reckless driving
- Failure to obey traffic signs
- Inexperienced driving
- Poor weather conditions
- Mechanical failures
We Will Supplement Your Case Using Evidence
Every strong fatal car accident case needs evidence. Using our investigative resources, we will use these items to bolster your claim or lawsuit:
- The police report
- Eyewitness testimony
- Photos and videos of the accident scene
- Accident reconstruction data
- Traffic camera footage
- Your account of events (if you were present at the accident scene)
- Omissions made by the other party
If you have any documents or information that could support your case, share them with your legal team.
Listen to What Previous Clients Share About D. Miller & Associates, PLLC→
Our lawyers tirelessly advocate for victims of negligence throughout Texas. We believe our clients’ testimonials reflect this commitment:
- “Ashley F. was helping me with my case along with my case manager and was able to get me answers I needed in a timely manner. Ashley F. always followed up with me when I called or sent a text. Really appreciate her time and effort she put in my case. I would definitely refer family & friends.” – M.A.
- “I’m so glad I hired D. Miller and Associates to represent me on my case. Nashira Gonzalez led me through the entire process. I’m getting better every day and I plan on using them for all of my legal issues in the future.” – M.J.
- “D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has done everything possible to help me and my family after my car accident two years ago. They got me the medical care I needed took care of things when I couldn’t take care of them have been very helpful in this whole process. If you’re ever looking for someone that will put up a good fight when you can’t these are the people to look to.” – A.W.
At your case’s conclusion, we’re confident you’ll feel the same way.
Commonly Asked Questions About Fatal Car Accidents in Laredo
While weighing your legal options, you may have these questions:
How Long Could It Take to Recover Damages?
The length of your case depends on many factors. We hope to resolve your case as quickly as possible. Throughout your case’s progression, you can expect to receive frequent updates on your case. You can also email or call us at any time to learn more.
How Much Can I Recover for My Losses?
Just like your case’s progression, how long it takes to recover damages depends on your situation. We will evaluate your financial losses, emotional hardships, and future to determine what you need. We may also consult with economists to learn more.
What Should I Do Now?
We want you to take the time you need to grieve and spend time with your family. We also encourage you to consider the benefits of partnering with our legal team. As noted, we can manage everything your case requires to reach a fair outcome. This involves communicating with experts, evaluating your losses, and negotiating with the insurer.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC→ Is Available to Discuss Your Case
If you lost a loved one in a car accident and a third party was at fault, you deserve justice. With our firm’s help, you can hold the responsible parties financially accountable. Our team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC→ is available to discuss your case during a free, no-obligation case evaluation. Contact us today to get started.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Do You Need to Pay a Retainer For Our Personal Injury Lawyers?
- What Should I Do if the Trucking Company Contacts Me After My Accident?
- Are Drunk Driving Accidents Handled Differently Than Normal Car Accident Injury Cases?
- What If I’m Injured in A Rental Car Accident in Houston?
- Should I Accept a Settlement for My Truck Accident?