A commercial truck accident lawyer serving Laredo could help to even the playing field if you were injured in a commercial truck collision. There may be multiple insurance companies involved. We can help sort out the insurance and liability questions in these tricky cases. While we do the heavy lifting on the legal work, you can focus on improving from your injuries.
You could talk to a truck accident lawyer about your commercial truck accident case to see how we could help you pursue the best possible outcome in your situation. You don’t have to go through the claim’s procedure and possible litigation by yourself. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® will be there with you every step of the way.
Recoverable Damages in Truck Accident Claims
Every commercial truck accident injury claim is unique because everyone’s wounds are different. Two people riding in the same vehicle could have vastly different financial recoveries for their claims because their injuries could differ in severity and recuperation.
Here are some of the damages people tend to seek after a commercial truck accident that was someone else’s fault:
- Lost wages for the income you missed when you were away from work recuperating from your wounds. The party who caused the accident that injured you should have to pay this financial loss.
- Lost future wages if your wounds caused ongoing impairments that make you unable to earn as much income after the accident as you did before.
- The reasonable cost of the medical treatment you needed for your injuries. These items could be the immediate healthcare services you received right after the accident, as well as ongoing diagnostic procedures and medical interventions to achieve maximum healing of your wounds.
- The physical discomfort and emotional distress of getting injured fall under the category of pain and suffering damages.
These are but a few examples of the categories of losses a person might pursue after a commercial truck accident. Your situation might involve different or additional items.
Services We Provide for Our Laredo Commercial Truck Accident Clients
Our commercial truck accident lawyers make themselves readily accessible for questions from clients. We understand how stressful it can be to have an injury claim or lawsuit pending, and sometimes, you just need to talk to someone. We pride ourselves on being available to our clients.
While we handle your injury claim, you get to focus on rebuilding your life and recuperating from your injuries. You can relax, knowing that we are on the case, fighting your legal battles for you. We investigate to uncover all the potential defendants and gather the evidence we need to build your case.
We attempt to reach a fair settlement of your claim by negotiating directly with the defendant’s liability insurance company. If the case does not reach a settlement and it is appropriate to do so, we can file a lawsuit and ask the court to award a financial recovery for your injuries and losses.
Steps to Take After a Laredo Commercial Truck Accident
There are things you can do to protect your legal rights after getting injured in a commercial truck accident that was someone else’s fault. Every case is different, and you should do what makes sense in your circumstances. Here is some general guidance that you might find helpful:
- Calling the police to come to the scene of the accident is essential. Some people will not hesitate to try to lie their way out of a difficult situation. If you do not have a police report, it could be your word against the other driver who caused the collision. A police report provides an objective assessment of fault and liability.
- Getting prompt medical attention is in your best interest. Not only will you likely heal better if your wounds get treated right away, but an examination from a trauma specialist could discover hidden wounds before they become medical emergencies.
- Talking to a truck accident attorney as soon as possible gives us the opportunity to retrieve evidence that could disappear quickly. Skid marks, eyewitnesses, and hazardous road conditions can be difficult to find or prove after even a few days.
- Staying off social media can be a wise decision until your injury claim gets resolved. We recommend our clients take a complete break from their social media accounts during a pending case. The defendant’s insurance company could twist your comments and photographs into something you never intended.
A commercial truck accident lawyer serving Laredo, TX can offer additional guidance once you become a client.
What Our Clients Say About Us
Here is just one example of the things our clients say about the services they received at our firm:
“Very attentive and helpful law firm. Quick to answer your questions and explain tough legal language and made a negative time of my life have a positive outcome and brighter future.” D.L.
You can read other great reviews on our website.
The Time Limit for Your Webb County Commercial Truck Accident Injury Case
You will want to talk to commercial truck accident attorneys as soon as possible because, if you wait too long, you could lose all right to hold the negligent party who caused your accident accountable for your losses. Every state has deadlines by which lawsuits must get filed. After the deadline, the law will not allow you to take legal action.
Under Texas law, the personal injury statute of limitations is two years from the date of the accident. The wrongful death statute of limitations, according to Texas law, is also two years.
People who try to handle their injury cases on their own without an attorney often find out the hard way about the filing deadlines. They might have been negotiating with the insurance company and expected to reach a settlement with them. Then, one day, the claims adjuster “ghosts” them. The insurance company eventually sends them a letter explaining the statute of limitations. Working with our firm can help prevent you from missing important deadlines.
Work with Our Commercial Truck Accident Attorney Serving Laredo, TX
- Miller & Associates, PLLC® has been helping people injured by the negligence of others for over two decades. Founded in 2002, our law firm treats clients with professionalism and respect. You can reach out to us here to get started today.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the Average Settlement for a Wrongful Death Claim in Texas?
- How Does Maximum Medical Improvement Apply to My Injury Case?
- Can Medicare Take My Entire Personal Injury Recovery Settlement?
- Who Is at Fault in an Accident if Both Drivers Were Backing Up?
- Do Insurance Companies Pay For Pain And Suffering?