According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), despite improvements in safety protocols the rate of commercial vehicle crashes has stayed consistently high over the past four decades. If you or a loved one was hurt in a traffic accident involving a commercial vehicle near League City, TX, a lawyer can help you and your family pursue financial recovery from the liable party.
You deserve to have a strong legal advocate on your side. For a free case evaluation, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC. A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving League City, TX, from our team can meet with you at your home or the hospital if that is more convenient for you. Call (713) 850-8600.
Call Us After Any Commercial Vehicle Accident
A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving League City, TX, with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, may be able to pursue financial recovery on your behalf if the other party is primarily responsible for the accident.
Our lawyers can help after any type of commercial vehicle accident, including:
- Drowsy driving accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drunk driving (DWI) accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Head-on collision with injuries
- Defective tires
- Rollover accidents
- Multiple vehicle accidents
If our lawyers can show that the other party caused the accident, you could recover damages for losses like medical care, lost pay, and pain and suffering.
Commercial Vehicles Come in All Sizes
Commercial vehicles are any wheeled transportation that is used for business, commercial, and industrial purposes, and include:
- Large trucks
- Panel vans
- 18-wheeler and semi-trucks
- Town cars
- Tow trucks
- Construction vehicles (forklifts, cranes, etc.)
- Commercial agricultural vehicles
- Fleet cars (passenger vehicles used for commercial or business purposes)
We invite you to contact a commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving League City, TX, with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, for a free case evaluation. A team member is ready to speak with you today; call: (713) 850-8600.
How We Show Liability
Many cases of commercial vehicle accidents are caused by negligence. An accident lawyer can examine the facts and evidence of your case to determine if you could be entitled to damages.
Your commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving League City, TX, will need to meet the following conditions to prove negligence:
- We establish that the other party owed you a duty of care to avoid harming you;
- We show that the other party breached this duty of care in some way (for example, speeding or driving while intoxicated);
- We demonstrate how this negligence caused your injuries; and
- We provide proof of damages in the form of medical bills, pain and suffering, and more.
A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving League City, TX, with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, will need proof of your accident-related expenses as part of your insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit.
We Often Recover Damages Through an Insurance Settlement
One of the most common questions asked is if it is always necessary to go to court to seek recovery. Our lawyers are assertive negotiators who will strive to get you damages through an insurance settlement. This allows you to obtain financial recovery with as little stress on you as possible.
Of course, our legal team includes litigators who can and will take your case to trial if that is the best course of action.
We Will File and Manage Your Insurance Claim
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, can take care of filing your insurance claim for you, with services that include:
- Compiling evidence such as photographs, videos, police reports, witness statements, and medical information about your injuries and prognosis
- Securing expert testimony from medical, vocational, and financial professionals when needed
- Assessing your damages including economic and non-economic losses
You generally have only two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit under Texas Civil Practices and Remedies Code §16. If you lost a loved one in the accident, Texas statutes also limit wrongful death lawsuits to two years from the date of your loved one’s passing.
Seeking Recovery After a Commercial Vehicle Accident
The type of damages that you may pursue will depend on the extent and severity of your injuries. Some of the factors that an insurance adjuster or the court will bear in mind could include:
- If your injuries result in a permanent disability or loss of a bodily function (for example, if you lost a limb)
- If you will need constant critical care, such as respiratory therapy, feeding tube, or other assistance with life functions
- If a family member passed away from accident-related injuries and he or she was a primary contributor to your family’s income and support
There may be other factors of your case that could be relevant to the evaluation of your losses.
Common Types of Damages
Depending on your individual situation, your attorney could seek damages on your behalf that might include:
- Medical treatment, both present and future
- Lost income for the time that you could not work due to injury
- Diminished earning capacity if your injuries prevent you from returning to your job or if you cannot work full time
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
Call a Commercial Accident Lawyer Serving League City Today
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, has helped countless clients recover damages from liable parties. While we cannot predict the outcome of your case, rest assured that our legal team will do all we can to pursue fair recovery for you.
For a free case evaluation with a commercial vehicle near League City, TX, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, at (713) 850-8600.