You may receive awards for a brain injury. Medical care, lost wages, and pain and suffering may all entitle you to a financial recovery.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ has a Lewisville brain injury lawyer who is ready to start your case. They will fight for a financial recovery for you.
Recoverable Losses from a Brain Injury in Lewisville
Mayo Clinic explains that serious brain injuries can have long-term complications and may even be deadly. We ensure that our team will account for all of your losses, however temporary or permanent those losses are.
Losses related to a brain injury in Lewisville may include:
Short-Term Medical Care
Brain injuries may require emergency care. Surgery may be necessary to stop bleeding or treat the injury in some other way. You or your loved one may receive awards for:
- Ambulance transport from the accident site
- Emergency observation
- Diagnostic imaging
- Emergency surgery
- Medication provided by the hospital
Surgery and emergency care may be particularly costly but necessary for a brain injury. We will seek to reimburse you for all short-term medical care.
Long-Term Medical Care
Brain injuries may cause lingering or permanent symptoms. The cost of long-term healthcare for your brain injury may include:
- A full- or part-time caregiver
- Equipment for your home and vehicle
- Equipment to aid your mobility
- Physical therapy
- Continuous observation by doctors
- Multiple surgeries
We will work with experts to determine your long-term healthcare needs.
A serious brain injury may prevent you from working for a long time, perhaps permanently. Even a minor brain injury can disrupt your earning power. Some specific professional damages that may be part of your financial recovery are:
- Lost earning power
- Lost bonuses
- Lost employer-matched retirement contributions
- Lost professional progress
The type and duration of your professional damages matter. We will calculate the cost of your professional losses. Our firm knows that traumatic brain injuries can affect your financial situation. Your lawyer will consider this when valuating your losses.
Pain and Suffering
Pain and suffering may affect the person with the brain injury and their loved ones. A brain injury claim may cover traumatic memories, lost physical and cognitive abilities, sleep disruptions, and general loss of life quality. You may also receive awards for any treatment that these symptoms require, including but not limited to counseling and medication.
Any Other Damages Resulting From Negligence
You may generally receive a financial recovery for any damage that stems from another person’s negligence. Such damages may include:
- Damage to (and repair or replacement of) personal property
- Lost transportation (and the cost of obtaining temporary transportation)
- Any form of financial loss
- Loss of a loved one (and resulting economic and non-economic losses)
Our team knows how to uncover and document losses for our clients. A brain injury lawyer from our team will identify and pursue damages for all your accident-related losses. While D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ leads your case in Lewisville, you can focus on your health and recovery.
Why do Brain Injury Victims in Lewisville Hire Our Firm?
They hire us for several reasons. For one, brain injury victims generally have a full slate of responsibilities and anxieties. They may:
- Generally, be unable to work
- Be facing rising medical expenses
- Be overwhelmed by the sudden hardship that a brain injury causes
Hiring a lawyer allows you to avoid adding a whole new set of challenges to your existing slate. Brain injury victims also hire our firm because of the benefits we provide. Our team will also take your case off of your hands.
Some of those benefits include:
- Our experience handling cases in Texas, and Denton County specifically
- Our staff of trained, accredited lawyers
- Our ability to hire experts and investigators at no additional cost to clients
- Our reputation among former clients
- Our proven case results
Our clients have received more than $250,000,000 in judgments and settlements. Our attorneys offer 66 years of combined legal experience.
Client Testimonials for D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™
Brain injury lawyers should always consider the client’s perspective when hiring a law firm. Client testimonials provide a clear window into how a law firm may treat you. Client testimonials for D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ include:
“I have been represented by D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for almost a year and I have nothing but positive things to say. The people there are always friendly and do their best to answer any questions to the best of their ability. I would strongly recommend this firm for any of your personal injury or any other claims you may have.” – Wayne P.
“Every time I’ve called they have been very courteous and attentive. They also answered all my questions I had regarding my case and made me feel like they truly care about my claim. Even though my case is still pending I know I will go to them for any other legal issues I may have in the future.” – Adrianne F.
“Great firm and they follow up on everything and they make sure you are comfortable and that everything is correct with your claim I would highly recommend.” – Kiana S.
These are three of many client reviews that our firm is proud of. We work hard for every client, aiming for complete satisfaction at the end of your case.
What Will D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ Do as Your Lawyers?
We are a full-service law firm that represents clients from start to finish. Your lawyer will form a strategy based on the unique circumstances of your case. Our team is prepared to:
- Conduct an initial meeting with you
- Create a full record of your losses
- Pursue relevant evidence and documentation
- Determine who is liable for your losses
- Create your claim or lawsuit
- File your claim or lawsuit
- Complete settlement negotiations
- Complete a trial
We generally prefer to settle. Our team will fight for the awards you deserve during settlement negotiations and adjust our strategy if the other side does not negotiate in good faith.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ Today About Your Brain Injury
You should retain a firm that knows Lewisville—D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ does. A brain injury lawyer from our team will resolve your case, keeping tabs on your recovery and updating you along the way.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ today at (713) 850-8600 for your free consultation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Is Your Dog Bite Injury Case Worth In Texas?
- How Does Maximum Medical Improvement Apply to My Injury Case?
- What Are Your Legal Rights If Your Child Was Injured or Killed Riding A Bicycle in Texas?
- Can I Sue for Pregnancy Complications Following a Car Accident?
- How to Handle a Car Accident in Texas