Were you or someone you love injured in a truck accident or was a loved one fatally injured in the accident? Our personal injury law firm will help you seek financial recovery for your injuries and the expenses that stem from them. When our truck accident lawyer serving Longview is on your side, we handle every aspect of your case and ensure your financial recovery rights are protected.
Miller & Associates, PLLC® can review the details of your accident, assess its comprehensive value, and deal with the insurance company. We handle evidence collection, identify the at-fault party, determine which insurance company to pursue, and fight hard for the financial recovery you and your family are entitled to receive. While our team goes to bat for you, you can concentrate on restoring your physical health.
Let Our Truck Accident Attorney Pursue Compensation for You
A truck accident can leave you with serious injuries or leave your family reeling from the loss of a loved one. When our legal team handles your case, we help you recover the following damages:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future lost wages
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- Property damage or loss
- Disability and disfigurement
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
In addition to assessing the value of your case, we collect the bills, receipts, and other documents that prove the cause and resulting costs of your accident.
We Make Sure Your Case Complies With Texas Law
One of the primary benefits of working with our law firm is our familiarity with state, local, and municipal law. We also believe in client education, so we make sure you are aware of everything that affects your case including the following:
- The statute of limitations. In Longview, Texas law determines how long you have to file your lawsuit if your case is not resolved with an insurance settlement. In general, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. You also have two years from the date of a loved one’s demise to file a wrongful death lawsuit after the loss of a family member.
- Proportionate responsibility: Texas is a modified comparative negligence state, and according to Texas law, if a portion of liability for the accident is attributed to you, you can still recover damages from the at-fault party. It also means if half or more of the accident’s cause is attributed to you, you cannot recover any damages at all.
Our law firm will ensure your case is filed on time and ensure responsibility for the accident is accurately apportioned.
Identifying the Liable Party in a Truck Accident Case
After a truck accident, it can be difficult to know who to turn to for financial recovery. Potentially liable parties can include:
- The truck driver if his actions caused the accident and/or he is an owner-operator
- The trucker’s employer if the driver was operating within the scope of his employment at the time of the accident
- The manufacturer of the truck or its parts if a manufacturing or design flaw caused or contributed to the accident
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, our truck accident attorney representing clients in Longview will collect the evidence that identifies the at-fault party. Where applicable, we also prove you may have a case against more than one at-fault party. Our commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Longview will help you pursue damages from multiple insurers.
Proving the Elements of Negligence
Identifying the at-fault party or parties in your accident, we start by listening to your version of events. From there, we glean details that prove the at-fault party acted negligently.
Our investigation will prove the following elements of negligence:
- Duty — the at-fault party owed you a duty of reasonable care
- Breach — the at-fault party failed to act in a reasonable fashion
- Causation — the at-fault party’s actions caused your injuries
- Damages — your injuries have a provable financial consequence
The evidence we collect for you will prove these elements and establish your right to financial recovery.
We Work Hard to Build a Strong Truck Accident Case for Clients in Longview
When our law firm takes on your case, we handle all the details — big and small — to ensure your case gets the attention to detail it needs and deserves. To bolster and support your case, we will:
- Conduct a thorough investigation
- Calculate your recoverable damages
- Document the at-fault party’s negligence
- Prove there might be more than one liable party
- Canvass for photos and video footage
- Locate and interview accident witnesses
- Negotiate with the appropriate insurance company
If a settlement agreement cannot be reached, we will take your case to court and help you keep fighting for the financial recovery you are entitled to receive. We also take the time to explain relevant Texas laws and their impact on your case.
Evidence Our Legal Team Collects for You
In every motor vehicle accident, there is evidence that will support your case and help steer its resolution toward a settlement versus a trial. These can include:
- Police report
- Medical records
- Witness statements
- Photos of your injuries
- Accident scene photos
In truck accident cases, there are additional forms of evidence that our legal team will collect. This specialized evidence includes:
- Hiring and training details
- Cargo and cargo-logging records
- Truck Maintenance and service records
- Driver logbook and hours-of-service records
Evidence collection can be time-consuming and intensive. Our team does not tax you or your family with evidence collection. Instead, we handle the process for you including organizing your evidence for submission to the at-fault party’s insurance company or presentation during the court process.
Get Your Free Truck Accident Case Evaluation Today
Were you or someone you love injured in a truck accident in Longview? Getting financial recovery from the trucker or the company he works for is a complex process. At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, our truck accident lawyer serving injured clients in Longview will help you get financial recovery.
Contact one of our team members to get your free case review and learn more about how hard our law firm will fight for you.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Do I and My Lawyer Need to File Against UCLA for Sexual Abuse?
- Is It Too Late to Sue USC for the George Tyndall Sexual Abuse Lawsuit?
- Do You Need to Pay a Retainer For Our Personal Injury Lawyers?
- Can You Sue Uber Or Lyft For Injuries In An Accident In Texas?
- How Much Do You Recover for Pain and Suffering After a Car Accident in Texas?