Commercial trucking companies must carry insurance for bodily injury and property damage. It is intimidating for many people to seek financial recovery because Texas liability and negligence laws are complex. An 18-wheeler and semi truck lawyer serving Madisonville can help you navigate this process and pursue recovery.
Since 2002, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC has helped many people recover damages in accidents like yours. We invite you to call today for a free case evaluation: (713) 850-8600.
The Causes of 18-Wheeler And Semi Truck Accidents
Some of the most common causes of 18-wheeler and semi truck accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Driving while fatigued
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Reckless driving
Sometimes a careless driver may commit more than one driving error. It only takes a split second of reckless behavior or failing to act in order to cause serious injury.
An 18-Wheeler And Semi Truck Lawyer Serving Madisonville Can Secure Evidence of Liability
You could recover damages from an 18-wheeler and semi truck accident if it is likely that the other party was negligent. An 18-wheeler and semi truck lawyer serving Madisonville at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may prove negligence by examining the facts and evidence of your case, including:
- Data from the truck’s onboard digital information system
- Review of driver’s safety, training, and prior violations
- Examine the trucking company’s safety, training, repair, and maintenance reports
- Photos of the accident scene, debris, and your damaged vehicle
- Red light or closed-circuit camera video
- Police reports
- Witness statements
- Extent and severity of your injuries
- Medical examiner’s report if you lost a loved one from injuries sustained in the accident
We are committed to doing all we can to recover damages and justice for you and your family. To learn more, call today for a free case evaluation: (713) 850-8600.
We Accept Many Types of 18-Wheeler and Semi Truck Accidents
Accidents involving 18-wheelers and semi trucks tend to be more complex than other kinds of traffic accidents. There may be multiple defendants, and the injuries and property damage are usually more significant.
That is why many people feel more comfortable consulting an 18-wheeler and semi truck lawyer serving Madisonville because they have a deep understanding of these kinds of accidents.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC accepts many kinds of 18-wheeler accidents, including:
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drunk driving accidents
- Drowsy driving accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Jackknife accidents
- Defective tire, parts, or repair accidents
- Hit-and-run accidents
- Accidents caused by unbalanced or spilled cargo
- Multiple vehicle accidents that involve cars, buses, motorcycles, bicycles, pedestrians, or ride-share vehicles
An 18-wheeler accident lawyer can help you pursue recovery while you focus on feeling better.
Why You Should Not Delay Contacting an 18-Wheeler And Semi Truck Lawyer Serving Madisonville
Accidents with commercial semi trucks generally attract a lot of media attention. A National Highway Traffic Safety Administration report indicates that 4,761 people were killed in crashes involving large trucks in 2017. You should know that commercial trucking companies may send out investigators and insurance adjusters as soon as possible and try to devalue your claim.
It is our job as your legal advocate to stand up to insurance adjusters who may try to pressure you into accepting an inadequate settlement. You should not hesitate to call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation right after an 18-wheeler truck accident.
Texas limits the time you have to take legal action. You have only two years to file a personal injury lawsuit from the date that you were injured.
The Sooner You Call, the Faster We Can Help
An 18-wheeler and semi truck lawyer serving Madisonville with our firm can help you pursue recovery so you can take the time you need to recuperate from your injuries. Our large team of lawyers and other professionals are ready to help:
- We can meet with you at your home or the hospital if that is more convenient.
- We collect evidence that supports your case.
- We contact and communicate with the insurance adjuster on your behalf.
- We negotiate a settlement appropriate for your injuries and damages.
The other party will have a lawyer to represent them. While you do not have to hire an 18-wheeler and semi truck lawyer serving Madisonville to help you pursue financial recovery, most people do not feel comfortable tackling a large insurance company alone. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is here to help. Call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Damages Associated With an 18-Wheeler Accident
Injuries from an accident involving an 18-wheeler truck can be severe and the medical costs can be enormous.
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can take an objective assessment of your injuries and damages to seek recovery that might include:
- Ambulance and emergency services
- Hospital expenses
- Current and future medical treatment
- Prescription drugs, medical equipment, or adaptations to your home (such as a wheelchair ramp if you become paralyzed)
- Lost pay during your recovery period
- Diminished earning ability if you are disabled or otherwise unable to return to your job
- Lifecare expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Wrongful death
We also seek recovery for property damage. Depending on the condition of your vehicle, we could pursue damages for its repairs or replacement.
Call an 18-Wheeler and Semi Truck Accident Attorney Serving Madisonville
If you or a family member was injured in an 18-wheeler and semi truck accident that was not your fault, please call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today. We can protect your rights as we help you pursue financial recovery from the liable party.
Call today for a free, no-obligation case evaluation: (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Are the Downsides of Not Hiring a Personal Injury Lawyer for Your Case?
- How Do You Document Evidence at The Scene of a Car Accident?
- A Federal Court Has Already Approved a Federal Class Action Settlement, Can I Still Sue USC For Sexual Abuse?
- Are Trucking Companies Required By Texas Law To Have Full Coverage Insurance?
- If I Have Been Injured In A Truck Accident Can I Sue The Trucking Company?