If you sustained injuries in a car accident that was not your fault, you could be entitled to financial recovery for damages like medical bills and lost pay. A car accident lawyer serving Madisonville with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may be able to help you pursue recovery from the responsible party.
Due to statutes of limitations that dictate the amount of time you have to take legal action, your case may benefit from finding legal representation sooner than later. If you delay filing an insurance claim, the liable party may question the validity of your injuries and damages. Texas generally has a two-year statute of limitations for filing a personal injury lawsuit.
We may be able to help you seek damages while you focus on feeling better. For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
Some Car Accident Cases May Be Resolved without a Trial
One of the most frequently asked questions from prospective clients is whether they must take the liable party to court for damages. Many accidents may be successfully resolved by negotiating with the liable party’s insurance company.
Our car accident lawyers may:
- Gather evidence to show liability by the other party.
- Assess your injuries with the aid of your healthcare provider.
- Calculate your damages based on your injuries and expected prognosis.
- File a claim with the other party’s insurance carrier.
- Negotiate for financial recovery on your behalf.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may be able to help you explore your options for recovering damages both in and out of the courtroom.
We Handle Many Kinds of Auto Accidents
It can be difficult to know where to turn with your questions about pursuing damages from the responsible party. Our car accident lawyers may be able to apply their knowledge of Texas liability and negligence laws in a wide practice area that includes:
- Drunk driving (DWI) accidents
- Drowsy driving accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Accidents involving cars, motorcycles, bicycles, trucks, and pedestrians
- Head-on collisions
- Rear-end collisions
- Accidents involving whiplash
- Hit and run accidents
- Accidents caused by defective tire tread, parts, or repairs
- Uber and Lyft accidents
- Left-turn accidents
- Road rage or aggressive driving accidents
You are not alone after a car accident has left you injured and with expenses. A car accident lawyer serving Madisonville with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may help you recover damages. For a free case evaluation, call (713) 850-8600.
Examining the Details May Help You Obtain Financial Recovery
Sometimes, a defendant who caused your injuries may step up and admit liability. If this does not happen, you have a right to seek legal representation to help investigate your case and obtain evidence of liability.
A lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may review the circumstances of your accident, including:
- Police and accident reports.
- Witness statements.
- Photos and/or videos of the accident scene including your damaged vehicle, road debris, bent guard rails, and skid marks.
- Medical report of your accident-related injuries.
- Relevant traffic laws.
- The defendant’s driving history.
- Drug or alcohol test results.
We may also ask you to describe what you can remember about what happened before, during, and after the accident.
Financial Recovery for Car Accident Cases
Financial recovery may extend to expenses and losses directly related to your injuries. You may be entitled to financial recovery for damages such as:
- Medical expenses (past and expected)
- Lost wages
- Lifecare costs
- Reduced earning ability because of injury
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium or companionship
- Mental anguish
- Property damage such as car repairs
- Disability (temporary or permanent)
If you lost a family member in a car accident, you may be entitled to financial recovery with a wrongful death claim or lawsuit. This would account for damages like final expenses, pain and suffering, and loss of companionship.
If you suffered injuries in a car accident or lost a family member in a collision, please reach out to D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600.
Identifying all Liable Parties
In some car accidents, more than one liable party may be responsible. A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may identify all involved parties who may have played a role in the accident. This step may occur if you were in a collision with a commercial or business vehicle.
Liability in a car accident is divided into direct liability and vicarious liability. Direct liability involves negligence from the person or persons directly responsible for your injuries. Vicarious liability may involve an employer who shares responsibility for your injuries if an employee caused them while driving a commercial vehicle.
Get Medical Care After Any Car Accident
Some car accident injuries are so severe that victims are immediately transported to the nearest emergency room. If your injuries were not life-threatening, you should still get medical attention as soon as possible. Certain injuries, such as whiplash, may not present symptoms until several hours after the accident. This can worsen your condition or prolong your recovery.
Contact D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Today
A car accident lawyer serving Madisonville may be able to help you pursue the recovery you may deserve after a car accident. For a free case evaluation, call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today at (713) 850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Can You Recover for a Wrongful Death From a Truck Accident in Texas?
- How Much Is Your Dog Bite Injury Case Worth In Texas?
- What’s the Most That a Pedestrian Can Sue for Car Accident Injuries in Texas?
- What Do I Do If I Was a Victim of George Tyndall at USC?
- Do You Need a Car Accident Attorney to Recover Money for Property Damage?