Commercial vehicles include any cars, trucks, vans, or motor coaches that are used exclusively for commercial and business purposes. The people who own and operate these vehicles must have special training and obtain proper licenses.
If you suffered injuries in a collision with a commercial vehicle, you may have questions about your legal rights. We invite you to call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC for any accident involving a commercial vehicle. One of our commercial vehicle accident lawyers serving Madisonville may be able to help you recover damages for medical bills, lost pay, and other expenses.
Call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
A Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer Could Be Helpful
Texas has specific legal requirements regarding liability and negligence. Navigating this legal process, with the additional stress of recovering from physical and emotional injuries, can overwhelm any victim.
Our lawyers may help to relieve you from the burden of proof and still pursue financial recovery by:
- Identifying all liable parties who played a direct or vicarious role in the accident.
- Collecting evidence to show how the other party likely caused your injuries.
- Submitting a detailed claim to the other party’s insurance company.
- Following through with communication and negotiation for the best possible outcome.
You can call a member of our team for a free case evaluation without any obligation. Our lawyers may help you recover financial compensation, and we work on a contingency basis. You deserve to know your rights, including how you may obtain financial recovery. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today at (713) 850-8600.
Our Firm Handles Commercial Vehicle Accidents
According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), in 2018, there were 37,515 accidents involving commercial vehicles statewide.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC works with clients who suffered injuries in many of these kinds of accidents, including:
- Head-on collisions with injuries
- Drunk driving (DWI) accidents
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drowsy driving accidents
- Left-turn accidents
- Hit and run accidents
- Accidents related to cargo
- Defective tires, parts, or repairs
- And more…
If you recently suffered injuries in a car accident in the Madisonville area, consider the benefits of obtaining legal representation for your case.
What We Do to Prove Liability
Recovering damages in a commercial vehicle accident case depends on successfully showing liability and negligence.
Our legal team may be able to prove the liability of the other party in your commercial vehicle accident case by:
- Inspecting photos, videos, and other evidence from the accident scene.
- Securing expert testimony from traffic engineers or accident reconstructionists to fully understand the cause and effect of the collision.
- Talking with your medical provider (with your permission) about your injuries and how they could affect your ability to return to your normal life activities.
- Obtaining copies of police reports, accident reports, and witness statements.
- Accessing the other party’s driving record, safety violations, drug or alcohol test results, and other relevant information.
You have the right to seek legal representation. Although hiring a lawyer does not guarantee financial recovery, a lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC will help to protect your rights and give you the guidance you need to make informed decisions about your case.
Why Duty of Care Matters
Every licensed driver in Texas owes all those who share the roadway a duty of care, which means that drivers have an expected obligation to take reasonable measures to avoid harming other people. Obeying traffic laws, avoiding aggressive driving, and having a designated driver if you have been drinking all constitute due care.
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may secure evidence, testimony, and documentation that shows how the other party failed to uphold this duty of care. To learn more about our legal services, call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
How We Seek Proof of Liability
A commercial vehicle accident lawyer serving Madisonville can examine the evidence we secure in order to determine that the other driver owed you a duty of care to avoid harming you. Our lawyers can then help prove the negligent party breached this duty in some way, such as by speeding or driving while intoxicated. Our lawyer may then proceed to argue that this negligence caused the accident, your injuries, and your damages in the form of medical bills, lost paychecks, and other losses.
Types of Damages You May Recover
You may think only about specific damages, such as hospital bills or lost pay for the time you could not work due to your injuries.
Other types of damages that arise from a commercial vehicle accident, such as emotional trauma, may also apply in your case. Accident victims may suffer from insomnia, depression, or anxiety. Damages that you may recover for your specific case may also extend to disability, disfigurement, pain and suffering, mental anguish, and property damage.
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC can assess your injuries and damages. In some cases, our firm consults with medical, vocational, or financial experts. Keeping all bills and expenses related to the accident can help your lawyer when included in your insurance claim or legal action.
Let a Commercial Vehicle Accident Lawyer Serving Madisonville Help You Pursue Recovery
You should not have to deal with an insurance adjuster or the defendant’s lawyer while you are unwell and recovering from your injuries. A lawyer with our firm may help you recover damages and justice after any kind of commercial vehicle accident.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today at (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Do I Know If I Am a Victim in the Sexual Abuse Case at UCLA?
- My Loved One Was Injured Or Killed In A Bus Accident, Who Is Responsible?
- How Many Victims Have Filed Charges Against UCLA?
- What Should I Do if I Notice Symptoms of Whiplash After a Car Accident?
- What to Do After a Motorcycle Accident in Texas