At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC, we believe that if you or a loved one suffered a traumatic brain injury (TBI) because of negligence, you should seek financial recovery from those responsible. A traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Madisonville may be able to help you recover damages, and we work on a contingency basis. To learn more, call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
When Negligence Causes a Brain injury
According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), a blow, bump, or jolt to the head can cause a TBI, a condition that disrupts the normal function of the brain. This can lead to permanent damage, including cognitive and physical impairment.
Negligence involves a situation in which someone acted recklessly or failed to act. If your loved one’s TBI resulted from someone else’s negligence, a lawyer with our firm may be able to help you pursue financial recovery.
The CDC writes that the causes of a traumatic brain injury include:
- Falls or falling objects onto the head
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Sports (particularly rough contact sports such as football)
- Medical malpractice
The CDC advises seeking medical attention for all head injuries, including concussions—mild forms of TBI that require prompt treatment.
How Our Lawyers May Help You
We understand how stressful a TBI can be for you and your loved ones.
If you believe or even suspect that another person’s negligence caused you or a family member’s injury, we may be able to help you seek recovery. A traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Madisonville with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may help to relieve the burden of collecting evidence and communicating with the other party so you can focus on feeling better or helping an injured loved one.
Here are several ways that our firm may be able to help your case:
- We investigate the circumstances that led to the injury.
- We secure evidence, testimony, and documentation that may show the other party’s negligence.
- We identify all liable parties.
- We communicate with the other party’s insurance adjuster or lawyer on your behalf.
- We protect and preserve your legal rights as we fight for the financial recovery you deserve.
Legal representation may allow you to relieve yourself of addressing the many details involved in seeking recovery so you may focus on feeling better. Call (713) 850-8600 today for a free case evaluation.
Identifying Liable Parties
Texas law requires personal injury cases to meet certain elements in order to establish liability. Your TBI case must prove that:
- The other party had a duty of care to prevent injury to you.
- The other party breached this duty through reckless act or omission.
- This breach caused your injury.
- Your injuries resulted in damages both economic and non-economic.
A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may collect evidence to support your claim of liability.
Providing Evidence of Liability and Negligence
Each case requires proof that the other party did not take reasonable precautions to prevent you or your loved one from harm. Our legal team may look for evidence that includes:
- Police, accident, or workplace report.
- Witness testimony.
- Photos or videos relevant to your case.
- Expert testimony on brain injury cases and how they impact cognitive and physical ability.
- Vocational experts on whether you may return to work.
- Financial experts on what types of long-term expenses you may have as a result of medical and life care needs.
- In-depth statement from your doctor or medical team about your prognosis.
People with TBIs often do not remember the accident. A lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may seek supporting evidence and documentation from reliable sources in efforts to help you recover damages. Call (713) 850-8600 to learn more about our services with a free case evaluation.
Medical care after a traumatic brain injury can easily drain your family’s finances. Some traumatic brain injuries are so severe that victims must relearn how to walk, talk, and perform daily activities. A lawyer with our firm may carefully evaluate your damages so that you or your loved one may have the physical, emotional, and financial support you require.
The types of damages that we seek on your behalf may include:
- Ambulance and emergency care
- Surgery and hospitalization
- Current and forthcoming medical treatment
- Lifecare costs
- Lost wages and/or diminished earning ability due to injury
- Temporary or permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Property damage associated with the accident or injury
You have the right to consult a lawyer about recovering damages. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may be able to take legal action on your behalf in or out of court in our attempts to secure the financial recovery you deserve.
Statute of Limitations in Texas
Under Texas law, you have two years from the date of the injury (or the date of your loved one’s passing) to take legal action. To access all your legal options, call us as soon as possible after the injury.
Legal Representation May Help Your TBI Case
A traumatic brain injury lawyer serving Madisonville may help you and your family obtain financial recovery from those responsible. Call (713) 850-8600 for a free case evaluation.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Are Some Questions to Ask a Houston Personal Injury Lawyer?
- How Long Do I Have to Report a Car Accident to Insurance in Texas?
- What Is a Deposition & How Do They Affect Personal Injury Cases?
- What If Your Spouse Can No Longer Have Children After a Car Accident?
- How Can I Prove Negligence for a Truck Accident?