If you live in or around the Mansfield area, located just south of Dallas and Fort Worth, you may be used to seeing large trucks on the road. However, no matter how commonplace they are, these heavy commercial vehicles can cause harm to road users when drivers and others do not operate them safely.
If you were in a truck accident in Mansfield, you could seek financial recovery. It could be worth your time to work with a Mansfield truck accident lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®. You may be able to recover damages depending on your case. You can call us today to speak with our legal team about your accident during a free case evaluation.
Potentially Available Damages for Mansfield Truck Accident Victims
As a truck accident victim, you could recover various damages, such as:
- Pain and suffering:Physical pain and emotional trauma can occur after an accident happens to many people. You could receive recovery if your quality of life declined after the collision in Mansfield.
- Medical expenses: If you suffered injuries in a truck accident, you likely needed medical care. Doctor’s office bills, medications, physical therapy, and other health care costs can add up quickly. Fortunately, you could recover these expenses with a claim or lawsuit.
- Lost income: If you missed out on work after your accident, you could seek to restore lost income. This includes salaries, wages, tips, bonuses, and other financial means.
- Reimbursement for property loss: If your vehicle or other property suffered damage in the accident, you could seek reimbursement for these items with a claim or lawsuit.
- Wrongful death damages: If your loved one suffered fatal injuries after a Mansfield truck accident, you possibly pursue a wrongful death lawsuit to cover their final medical expenses and funeral and burial arrangements.
How Much Could I Recover After a Mansfield Truck Accident?
Financial recovery from truck accident cases can vary. Typically, awarded damages align with the extent of suffering you experienced. This means the greater your injuries are, the higher your award could be. However, no amount of suffering or loss is acceptable if another party caused your accident.
Regardless of how your life was impacted, you could have a case. Our Mansfield truck accident lawyer can lead your entire case. They can investigate, review the evidence, and determine who is liable.
Deciding if Hiring a Mansfield Truck Accident Lawyer Is Right for You
If you are thinking about hiring a lawyer to help you in your case, our legal team could help in several ways, including but not limited to:
- Investigate your accident and build a case for our financial award
- Identify the at-fault party and others responsible for the collision
- Collect evidence to prove their negligence and fault
- Manage communications with the at-fault party’s insurer
- Answer your questions and concerns
- Document your truck accident-related losses and expenses
Negligence is the failure of a person or entity to act in a reasonable manner to keep others safe from danger. This broad term can be used to describe several failures on the road that may have led to your accident.
In short, any negligence could be a form of liability. If you think negligence played a role in your truck accident, you could have a case. Our truck accident lawyer serving Mansfield can help you learn more based on your accident’s details.
The Importance of Proving Liability in a Truck Accident Case
Proving that another party was liable in your accident, whether it is from negligence or for another reason, is important. If someone else caused the collision in Mansfield, you could seek damages from them.
In many cases, multiple liable parties can be involved in a commercial truck accident, which can include the driver and other parties not at the accident scene, like the truck company that owns the truck or a cargo loading or maintenance crew that worked on it. We will seek damages from all liable parties. If we cannot settle favorably outside of court, we can sue the liable party in court.
If you think another person or entity contributed to your accident, you may want to discuss your case with a truck accident lawyer serving Mansfield, but remember, you must act promptly.
How Long do I Have to File a Claim?
Under Texas law, the statute of limitations for truck accidents and other injury cases is two years. The clock to act starts ticking when your accident happens, or in some cases, when you first notice your injuries.
While two years may seem like a long time, you should take prompt action to protect your right to sue. If you lost a loved one, you also have two years to pursue a wrongful death action.
Possible Causes of a Truck Accident in Mansfield
Truck accident victims could file an insurance claim or a lawsuit if any of the following caused a collision:
- An inexperienced driver behind the wheel
- Cargo or goods improperly loaded onto a truck or large vehicle
- Mechanical malfunctions leading to dangerous accidents
- Distracted driving, including but not limited to cell phone use, looking at a navigation system, engaging in a conversation with passengers, or peering away from the road
- Driving under the influence of substances, such as drugs or alcohol
- Driver fatigue possibly caused by long shifts or a reduced turnaround time
- Wide turns or a sharp turn leading to a jackknife accident and rollovers
- A driver navigating a truck on the road in poor weather or visibility conditions
- Malfunctioning traffic lights, road signs, or other infrastructure failures
- Failing to obey traffic signals or laws
Contact Our Team Today for Help From Our Mansfield Truck Accident Lawyer
At D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, we represent truck accident victims like you. You do not have to miss your chance to seek financial recovery after an accident you did not cause.
Our truck accident lawyer serving the Mansfield area is committed to providing you with the effort and attention you deserve as you fight for justice. Contact us for your free, no-obligation case evaluation today.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- How Are Truck Accident Investigations Conducted?
- Who Can I Sue if I Was Injured While Riding a Houston METRO Bus?
- Are Truck Accident Claims More Difficult Than Car Accident Claims?
- Can You Sue Walmart If You Slip and Fall in a Texas Store?
- What is ‘Loss of Future Earning Capacity’ & How Does it Apply to Injury Cases?