Large trucks can cause serious accidents and long-term complications. If a truck in the Manvel, Texas, area struck you, you have the right to recover awards that can help you with your medical expenses, lost income, and other losses. Commercial vehicle accidents can be particularly devastating, and while this is a challenging time, we are here to help you pursue your legal options to help you and your family.
A Manvel truck accident lawyer with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, can review your accident and determine if you can hold the liable party accountable. Reach out to us today to go over your next steps during a free case evaluation.
How Our Manvel Truck Accident Lawyer Can Help Your Case
Our injury lawyer serving Manvel will help you hold the liable party accountable and always look out for your interests. We regularly handle truck accidents and injury cases like yours, so we know what we must do to prove liability and negligence.
If you hire us, our lawyer will:
- Thoroughly investigate your Manvel truck accident to learn how it unfolded
- Build a case for your financial recovery, accounting for all your losses
- Identify the at-fault or liable parties in the Manvel collision
- Collect and review evidence to prove the liable parties’ negligence and fault, including witnesses’ statements
- Represent you in all proceedings and manage all communications with the insurer and others in your case
- Answer your questions and concerns
- Explain how state and federal laws apply to your case
- Document your accident-related losses and expenses
Our injury lawyer can lead your entire case, giving you time back in your schedule to take care of yourself while we work on your legal case.
Recoverable Compensation in a Manvel Truck Accident Lawyer
The financial awards you can recover after a truck accident depends on various factors, including your losses and how they will affect your quality of life in the long and short term. You could recover:
- Medical expenses (past, ongoing and present bills)
- Lost income, tips, bonuses, and other benefits
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of life enjoyment
- Wrongful death damages
How Much Is Your Manvel Truck Accident Case Worth?
The awards you could receive depend on several factors. Typically, they correlate with the extent of your suffering. If you suffered minor injuries but made a full recovery in a short time, you may not receive as much as someone who suffered severe or permanent injuries. Still, even if your loss is minor, you can still discuss your case with our truck accident lawyer serving Manvel.
You don’t have to review your losses and try to come up with an award amount on your own. Our team can review the unique factors and circumstances of your accident and identify what financial recovery could look like in your case.
Understanding Negligence in a Truck Accident Case
Negligence is a term that describes various behaviors that cause harm. The bottom line is that carelessness or recklessness could have played a role in your accident. Common forms of negligence in trucking accidents include:
- A company failing to screen its drivers for the proper skills, credentials
- Neglecting to regularly maintain a fleet of vehicles
- Failing to secure and load trucks correctly
- Truck drivers and others failing to meet professional standards for operating an 18-wheeler or other large vehicle
Any party can be guilty of negligence, regardless of intent. If you think negligence caused your accident, you could pursue your case, and we can help you.
Texas’ Statute of Limitations Can Affect Your Manvel Truck Accident Case
The state’s statute of limitations refers to the time you have to take action in your case. Texas Law gives parties in injury cases and wrongful death actions two years to seek awards for any damages they suffered.
This means you could have a limited time to act, so it could be in your interest to act before your window to protect your right to sue closes. Our Manvel truck accident lawyer can determine how much time you have left. We can also advise you if any time limit exceptions apply to your situation.
Common Causes of Commercial Truck Accidents
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), fatalities in accidents involving at least one large truck rose 13% between 2020 and 2021. While no two truck accidents happen the same way and for the same reasons, human error causes many of them.
Below are common causes of truck accidents that could be grounds for legal action:
- Driving under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or other substances
- Improperly loaded cargo that could lead to or cause an accident on the road
- Driving over the posted speed limit
- Failing to legally yield the right-of-way, stop at a sign or traffic light, and other breaches of traffic law
- Driver fatigue truck drivers experience because of long hours on the road
- Mechanical failures
- Inexperienced drivers or truck drivers that were not properly trained before operating a commercial vehicle
- Distracted driving, including cellphone use, looking away from the road, eating while driving, etc.
- Mistakes while turning, causing jackknife accidents or other collisions
- Trucks operating on roads that are too narrow or steep
- Failure to maintain roadways for large trucks and other vehicles
We Can Discuss Your Manvel Truck Accident Case Today
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC®, to discuss your Manvel truck accident case. We can review your options during a free case evaluation. Attorney Darren A. Miller and our law firm’s team have been helping injured clients since 2002. We will always seek the best outcome for the people we serve.
Our staff is ready to speak with you about your accident at any time. Contact us before it is too late and begin putting the past behind you and looking forward to a brighter future.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Is the Average Settlement for a Slip and Fall?
- How Long Do I Have to Report a Car Accident to Insurance in Texas?
- What Does the USC Sexual Abuse Settlement Cover?
- What Should You Do If Your Uber or Lyft Driver Gets in an Accident in Texas?
- What Is the Deadline to File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit from an Auto Accident in Texas?