Pedestrian accidents occur when drivers fail to act accordingly to avoid causing injury. If you or a loved one was hurt in this type of personal injury, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can help you. A pedestrian accident lawyer serving McAllen is here to help you with:
- Obtaining evidence
- Filing and managing your insurance claim
- Protecting your legal rights
What to Expect When You Call Our Firm for Help
No two cases are the same. That is why a pedestrian accident lawyer treats each client with personal care and consideration. We know that you did not ask to be in this situation. Our team does everything we can to help you when you become a valued client, including:
- Offering a free case evaluation
- Assigning your case to an attorney who is accessible when you need them
- Connecting you with medical treatment
- Scheduling your appointments
- Communicating with the liable party and the insurance adjuster
- Negotiating for maximum financial recovery
A lawyer with our firm can be your personal legal advocate throughout the insurance claim and lawsuit processes. You have only a limited time to seek damages, and you want to be sure that you have explored all possible options.
Hire a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Right Away
When you are hurt by a careless driver, the driver’s insurance company may contact you. You may want to politely decline to speak with the insurance representative until you have the chance to hire an attorney.
We suggest that you hire a pedestrian accident lawyer serving McAllen as soon as possible because:
- You could inadvertently jeopardize your claim with an innocent or incomplete statement
- You might be pressured into accepting an offer that is inadequate for your injuries and damages
- You may not be aware of your legal rights
Texas’s Statute of Limitations on Personal Injury Lawsuits
We can take care of filing, managing, and negotiating your insurance claim. If necessary, we can take your case to court. You have two years under Texas law to file a personal injury lawsuit.
What a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer does to Pursue Damages
We must meet certain conditions to show liability after a pedestrian accident or other kind of personal injury. The burden of proof is on you, as the injured party, to show how the other party is responsible for your injuries and ensuing damages.
A pedestrian accident lawyer serving McAllen can:
- Secure evidence such as police reports, witness statements, photos, or videos of the accident.
- Obtain proof of your injuries with medical records and a statement from your healthcare provider.
- Determine your damages for both present and future loss.
- Request the driver’s record to examine it for other accidents or violations.
This fact-based examination is vital to pursuing damages from the at-fault party.
An Attorney from Our Firm can Prove the Elements of Negligence
A lawyer can use the collected evidence to prove liability against the other party regarding four elements:
- The other party owed you a duty of care to take reasonable measures in avoiding harm or loss of life.
- The other party breached this duty of care for some reason, either through recklessness or omission.
- This action caused bodily injury to you or your loved one.
- These injuries resulted in damages, including medical bills, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Our Attorneys Can Help You Pursue Damages While You Recover from Injuries
You should not have to suffer financially from someone’s careless driving. An attorney with our firm will pursue damages to help with such economic and emotional losses as:
- Ambulance, emergency room care, hospitalization, specialists, surgery, and prescriptions
- Lost pay
- Rehabilitation, counseling, and therapy
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium
If you lost a loved one from pedestrian accident injuries, please accept our condolences. You may be able to recover wrongful death damages for final expenses and other losses.
Pedestrian Accidents Mean Serious Injuries
Pedestrians who are hurt in a traffic accident may suffer such significant injuries as:
- Multiple broken, fractured, or crushed bones
- Traumatic brain injury
- Internal bleeding
- Extensive bruising and soft tissue damage
- Spinal cord injury that leads to paralysis
Some victims need emergency surgery and are immediately admitted to the nearest hospital.
There were approximately 137,000 pedestrians who were injured enough to need emergency room care in 2017, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Many of these pedestrian accidents share similar characteristics. Older adults (ages 65 and up) and young children are more at risk of being injured or losing their lives in a pedestrian accident.
Pedestrian Accident Trends
Below are some of the circumstances that might have contributed to your accident. If so, we may be able to help you recover financially:
- Nearly half of all pedestrian accidents involved intoxication by either the pedestrian, the driver, or both parties
- Faster moving vehicles are more likely to strike a pedestrian
- Pedestrian accidents are more likely to happen in an urban area rather than a rural one
- Most pedestrian accidents occur at night
- Many of these accidents do not happen at an intersection
You should get medical care after any pedestrian accident.
Get Your Free Case Evaluation Today
You and your loved ones have the right to work with a legal advocate who can guide you through the process of pursuing financial recovery after a pedestrian accident. Call for a free case evaluation from the office of a pedestrian accident lawyer serving McAllen. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ is ready to start on your case when you reach out.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Happens If The Other Driver Was Drunk In My Texas Car Accident?
- Who Do You Sue If Your Car Accident Was Caused By A Tire Blowout in Texas?
- What Are the Three Types of Human Trafficking?
- What Are Your Legal Rights If Your Child Was Injured or Killed Riding A Bicycle in Texas?
- How Much of a Settlement Should I Expect for A Herniated Disk?