Have you or a loved one suffered a spinal cord injury? Maybe you’ve been involved in a collision or sporting accident. Perhaps you suffered harm during a routine medical procedure.
In any case, you have options with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™. A McAllen spinal cord injury lawyer from our firm will pursue financial recovery for each of your losses, from medical bills to pain and suffering. Exploring your options begins with a free case evaluation from our firm.
Reasons To Consider Partnering with Our Texas Injury Firm
Since 2002, we’ve helped many people recover damages for their losses. In addition to tirelessly advocating for injured people, we’ve been featured on various news outlets, including ABC News and the New York Times.
Some considerations when partnering with us include:
We Stay Abreast of Any Changes in Personal Injury Law
The law is a complex and dynamic field. A new ruling can change how the law views certain situations entirely. Thankfully, our team is always “in the loop” when it comes to changes in Texas law. We are active members of the American Bar Association and attend legal seminars.
We Consult with Healthcare Professionals on Injury Cases
Your lawyer’s a legal expert–not a healthcare professional. Yet, we have a wide network of consultants who help us with injury cases. By consulting with doctors, nurses, and researchers about your spinal cord injury, we can build the strongest possible case.
Our Clients Have Shared Positive Feedback with Us
Our clients’ feedback speaks to our honesty and commitment. Some of them have shared:
- “D. Miller & Associates are amazing. Very friendly and helpful, everyone I spoke with made the experience very simple and pleasant. Highly recommend them for your legal needs.” –Janine I.
- “I’m so glad I hired D. Miller and Associates to represent me on my case. Nashira Gonzalez led me through the entire process. I’m getting better every day and I plan on using them for all of my legal issues in the future.” –M. John.
- “I am very pleased with the assistants I’ve gotten from this company, and Ms. Ala Cordero was very, very helpful. She helped me get my settlement with no issues and her customer assistance was phenomenal. I highly recommend going to her. I’d definitely be a returning customer.” –George S.
You Generally Have Two Years To File Your Lawsuit
Texas law notes that you generally have two years to file your civil lawsuit. This means:
- Your filing period begins from the date you suffered harm (or discovered your injury).
- If you lost a loved one to a spinal cord injury, you typically have two years to file your wrongful death lawsuit.
- If you don’t file your case within the allotted timeframe, you could lose the right to seek financial recovery through the court system.
When you partner with our team, we will manage each of your case’s deadlines–including the statute of limitations.
We’re Ready To Seek Reimbursement for All of Your Losses
We believe that your settlement or court award should account for your past, present, and future injury-related losses. Your recoverable damages may include:
- Healthcare costs, including doctors’ visits, medications, and hospitalization
- Assistive devices, including wheelchairs and crutches
- Modifications to your family home, such as wheelchair ramps
- Lost income, bonuses, and other employment-related benefits
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Funeral and burial expenses (if you lost a loved one)
This is not a complete list of damages you can recover.
We’re Ready To Manage Everything Your Case Requires
Our team is prepared to:
Investigate Your Case
We will find and use the following information to support your claim or lawsuit:
- Your medical records
- Eyewitness testimony
- Photos of your injuries and the accident scene
- Statements from field consultants
- The accident report
- Security camera or traffic camera footage
To secure financial recovery, we must prove that negligence caused your spinal cord injury. This involves showing:
- Another party had an obligation to act with caution.
- Another party violated this obligation through recklessness, carelessness, or inaction.
- You suffered a spinal cord injury.
- You have various losses stemming from your injury.
Manage All Relevant Communications
You don’t have to respond to a single email from the other party. That’s your lawyer’s job. We will manage all communications with the involved insurance companies, healthcare providers, at-fault parties, and lawyers.
File Your Claim and/or Lawsuit
We hope to secure financial recovery through an insurance claim. That way, you can get the funds you need without going to court. To secure reimbursement through an insurance claim, we’ll file your case’s paperwork, send your demand letter, and negotiate for what you need.
You can also trust us to do everything your lawsuit requires, from cross-examining witnesses to arguing your case at trial.
Examples of Spinal Cord Injuries
Many people think that spinal cord injuries equal paralysis. That’s simply not the case. There are many types of spinal cord injuries that cause nerve pain, tingling sensations, and a loss of mobility.
Examples of spinal cord injuries include:
- Herniated discs
- Broken bones
- Nerve damage
Even if you don’t see your particular injury listed above, we still want to hear your story.
Hire a McAllen Spinal Cord Injury Lawyer Today
A spinal cord injury is a catastrophic injury that can impact your plans for the future. By partnering with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™, you can recover the damages you need to account for your many injury-related losses.
To begin your free case evaluation with our firm, dial (713) 850-8600.