A semi truck accident lawyer serving McAllen from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can help you fight for damages for your injuries and expenses after an accident that was not your fault.
Texas has complex liability and negligence laws. An attorney with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can protect your rights and help you through this process. You may be awarded damages for medical bills, lost pay, and other accident-related losses.
Why We Encourage You to Hire an Attorney from Our Team ASAP
Accidents that involve a semi truck often leave victims severely injured and with significant damages. These damages may include bills for an ambulance or hospitalization. There may also be emotional damages, such as insomnia or diminished enjoyment of life.
It can be difficult enough to deal with these issues without the added stress of recovering damages independently. When you choose to work with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™:
- We take care of the heavy lifting to pursue the financial recovery you may be entitled to receive.
- We communicate with the insurance adjuster, the at-fault party, and the other party’s attorney.
- We compile necessary evidence and documentation for a detailed claim.
- We protect your legal rights.
- We seek damages for your economic and emotional losses.
You focus on your health and your loved ones. A semi truck accident lawyer serving McAllen from the D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ team will take care of the rest.
How a Semi Truck Accident Lawyer from Our Firm Can Help You
A semi truck accident lawyer from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ can help you prioritize the details and action items necessary to pursue damages from the responsible party.
This help includes:
- A free case evaluation at your home, the hospital, or by phone, whichever is most convenient for you
- A thorough examination into the cause and circumstances of the accident
- Verifying your injuries and damages with evidence, documentation, and testimony when needed
- Compiling your damages so that we know how much you may be entitled to for your financial losses and physical and emotional pain
A lawyer from our firm can file an insurance claim for you and negotiate for the best possible outcome. If necessary, he or she can take your case to court.
Our Legal Team Is Responsive and Caring
A semi truck accident attorney with D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ understands your situation. Since 2002, our award-winning law firm has helped countless clients who were injured or harmed by another party’s negligence or wrongdoing.
As our client, we will promptly update you on your case and return your phone calls and emails. We pride ourselves on how accessible we are to our clients.
The greatest compliment that we can receive is our client’s trust in our legal care. Here are some of those compliments in our clients’ words:
- [My attorney] was articulate, fair, and kept [me] informed. He ALWAYS returned my phone calls. I will never use another attorney.
- The case was about me, not [my lawyer]. I appreciated that, and that is why we were successful.
- I have known Darren [Miller] for years. He runs an excellent law firm. I recommend his firm for any personal injury or pharmaceutical case.
Who Is Responsible for Your Damages?
Under Texas law, you may seek damages from all liable parties. This amount may be proportional to the party’s responsibility for your injuries.
For example, we can hold an employer accountable for their employee’s actions if you suffered injuries while they were performing their job function.
Semi truck accidents might involve more than one liable party. A lawyer can identify all parties who have a direct or vicarious role in causing or contributing to your injuries.
Potentially liable parties in a semi truck accident include:
- A truck company
- The truck’s owner
- A party who leased the truck or the trailer
- A party who commissioned the cargo
- The truck manufacturer
- A tire manufacturer
- A safety inspector
- A maintenance provider
Commonly Awarded Damages in a Semi Truck Accident Case
An attorney with our firm will pursue damages that may include one or more of the following:
- Medical care and treatment
- Pain and suffering
- Lost pay for the time you missed at work
- Car repairs and other property damage
- Reduced earning capacity due to disability
- Mental anguish
We may consult with expert witnesses who can testify to your injuries and their impact on your anticipated prognosis.
Factors that Affect Case Results
No two semi truck accidents are alike. Individual case results are affected by several factors, including:
- The severity and extent of your injuries
- How these injuries may prevent you from resuming your work and life’s activities
- If the accident involved egregious liability
You may rest easier knowing that a semi truck accident lawyer from our team will work tirelessly on your behalf to recover damages from the responsible party.
We Seek Damages from the Insurance Company First
A lawyer with our firm will collect evidence, documentation, and testimony to file a detailed claim with the at-fault party’s insurance carrier.
We can resolve many semi truck accidents without going to court. D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ will file, manage, and negotiate with the insurance company so that you do not have this additional stress.
If we cannot reach an acceptable resolution through negotiation, you have two years under Texas law to file a personal injury lawsuit.
We Handle All Kinds of Semi Truck Accidents
Many types of collisions involve semi trucks (also known as 18-wheeler trucks).
Our lawyers have a deep understanding of these cases, including:
- Distracted driving accidents
- Drunk driving accidents with injuries
- Fell asleep at wheel accidents
- Improper lane change or blind spot accidents
- Sideswipe or T-bone accidents
- Reckless driving accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Drive-under accidents
- Jackknife accidents
- Rear-end collisions
- Spilled cargo accidents
- Rollover accidents
Get a Free Case Evaluation Today
A semi truck accident lawyer serving McAllen from our law firm can help you pursue damages for medical bills and other expenses. Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC™ today for a free case evaluation at (713) 850-8600. The sooner you call, the sooner an attorney can help you.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- If I Have Been Injured In A Truck Accident Can I Sue The Trucking Company?
- What Qualifies as a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
- Does Texas Have a Statute Of Limitations For Personal Injury Claims?
- Can Pedestrians Be At Fault For Road Accidents In Texas?
- Should I Take An Ambulance After A Car Accident In Houston?