When negligence leads to wrongful death, surviving loved ones not only lose the companionship, positive interaction, and guidance of the deceased but may also suffer financially, too. A wrongful death lawyer serving McKinney from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® can seek a financial recovery that reflects your tragic loss.
You deserve a law firm that you can trust. Our team will provide the type of representation you and your loved ones deserve.
Wrongful Death Losses We Can Seek Financial Recovery For
Every wrongful death victim we represent has a completely unique story. Our personal injury attorneys want to learn about the benefits the decedent provided you and how their passing has affected you and other surviving loved ones.
Your losses will be the centerpiece of our wrongful death case and may include:
Pain and Suffering
The Journal of Aging and Health suggests that everyone responds to sudden loss differently. Our team will work with you to determine the pain and suffering you’ve experienced. Some reactions to a loved one’s passing can include:
- Intense grief
- Suicidal thoughts and ideations
- Difficulty sleeping, or a complete inability to sleep
Loss of Consortium
Losing a loved one suddenly may also mean losing:
- Emotional and psychological support
- Knowledge and experience the decedent possessed
These kinds of losses fall under the category of loss of consortium, which we can include in your wrongful death action in McKinney.
Our firm understands that losing a spouse, parent, or child means far more than losing financial support. However, financial hardship from a wrongful death is real—we see it in many of the cases we handle. Your loved one’s passing may also cause:
- Immediate interruptions in your family’s financial affairs
- Loss of the decedent’s income
- Loss of any bonuses or promotions that the decedent could have earned
- Loss of benefits provided by the decedent’s employer
- Short- and long-term financial hardship for you and other surviving loved ones
We always consider the financial ramifications of wrongful death. A lawyer from our team serving McKinney will consider these damages in your case, too.
Whether the victim passes away suddenly (as can be the case in motorcycle accidents) or their health deteriorates over time (as can occur when someone is exposed to dangerous toxins), they may incur medical expenses.
You should not be responsible for healthcare costs that someone else caused.
A wrongful death lawyer serving McKinney from D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® will consider medical expenses and other damages as they seek a financial recovery for you.
Do I Need to Hire an Attorney for a Wrongful Death Case in McKinney?
If you wish to pursue justice for a loved one’s loss without compromising your own well-being, hiring a lawyer can help. A wrongful death lawsuit can:
- Require significant time—time that you may not have to spare right now
- Put psychological and emotional strain on those who have just lost a loved one—you may come face-to-face with the details of your loved one’s passing
- Require you to learn about the civil legal process, which can be complicated and unpredictable
When you hire D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® to lead your wrongful death case in McKinney, you free yourself from these concerns. You can focus completely on whatever you need to do following a tragic loss. We’ll seek the financial recovery you deserve.
And Why Should I Choose D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® As My Wrongful Death Attorneys?
The legal team at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® understands what is at stake when handling a wrongful death case. Surviving loved ones deserve justice, as well as recovery. Your case will be our chance to hold liable parties accountable for causing your loved one’s passing.
This is a great responsibility, and our firm will honor that responsibility by:
- Seeking the entire financial recovery that you deserve, never settling for anything less
- Treating you and your loved ones with compassion in every interaction we have
- Keeping you informed of developments in your case
- Being available to answer your calls, return your texts, and respond to your emails
- Allowing you to make the decisions that most define your case—like whether or not to accept a settlement offer
Successful cases require seamless collaboration between the victim and the attorney. Our team will do everything we can to make your case a success.
Services Our Wrongful Death Team Will Perform for You in McKinney
When you contact our firm, we will explain what makes a wrongful death suit. Your loss may fall within the legal definition of wrongful death, in which case our firm will:
- Identify those responsible for your loved one’s passing: Whether it is a motorist, product manufacturer, property owner, nursing home, or another party, we’ll identify those responsible for your loved one’s passing.
- Preserve evidence and documentation: Our attorneys do the legwork for clients, securing evidence and documentation to support their cases.
- Hire any experts who can help your case: As we build your case, we’ll take any steps that can make it stronger—including experts who may reconstruct an accident, provide credibility through testimony, or help us understand aspects of your case.
- Pursue a fair settlement: We’ll negotiate a settlement on your family’s behalf. If we receive any offers, we’ll advise you about whether they’re fair or not. You have complete power to accept or reject any settlement offer.
We can take your wrongful death case in McKinney to trial if necessary.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® for a FREE Consultation about Your Wrongful Death Case in McKinney
A wrongful death lawyer serving McKinney from our firm stands ready to help you. There are few things more important than getting justice for a lost loved one, and that is what our firm wants to do for you.
Call D. Miller & Associates, PLLC® today for a FREE consultation about your wrongful death case in McKinney.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- Can You Sue Someone Who Is Dead in Texas?
- What to Do After an 18-Wheeler or Semi Truck Accident in Texas
- Are Truck Accident Claims More Difficult Than Car Accident Claims?
- How Do You Go About Getting Compensated For A Car Accident Injury In Texas?
- Is it Always Your Fault When You Rear end Someone in Texas?