If you or a loved one is a victim of a bicycle accident, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your injuries, medical bills, or lost wages, as well as non-economic damages.
If you are ready to explore your legal options and file a claim against the person liable for your injuries, then contact the personal injury lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC today. We offer legal assistance for victims of bicycle accidents in Missouri City, TX.
How Did You Get Injured in Your Bicycle Accident?
No two bicycle accidents are the same. That means you should be treated as an individual with unique circumstances. A D. Miller & Associates, PLLC bicycle accident attorneys can sit down with you to go over the details of your personal injury case. From there we can develop a legal strategy that matches your particular needs and help you with your specific case.
We work with clients that have experienced the following types of bicycle accidents:
- A driver was texting and did not see you.
- The tires, brakes, or pedals on your bicycle failed to operate and caused you to impact a wall, fall off the bike, or veer off the road.
- You drove over some loose gravel, a pothole, or a bump in the road.
- A pedestrian carelessly walked out in front of you.
If your story is similar to any of these, then your bicycle accident was likely someone else’s fault. If we determine that you have a viable case, then we can help you file a claim and recover your losses.
Who Caused Your Accident and Injuries?
To win your case, our lawyers will have to prove that someone else was at fault for your bicycle accident, subsequent injuries, and the financial strain that their actions or negligence caused. Responsible parties may include the following:
- A personal or commercial vehicle operator
- The manufacturer that designed and built the bike
- Road crew accountable for maintenance and street markers
- Competing or nearby cyclist
Determining who is liable for your damages depends on the circumstances of the accident and how it led to your injuries. Our law firm can help you work out the details of your case and identify the at-fault party.
What Can D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Do for You?
Our primary concern is protecting your legal rights under Texas law. Therefore, we will explore every option that is available to you to get you the compensation you deserve for your damages.
Here are some ways that we may be able to offer legal assistance:
Investigate Your Case Thoroughly
We may investigate your case to gather evidence of liability and calculate case value such as:
- Request a police report.
- Obtain medical records and bills.
- Identify when and where a part was defective or damaged.
- Hire expert witnesses to corroborate your claim.
- Search for any videos or photos that captured the accident.
- Retrieve statements from eyewitnesses.
Engage With the At-Fault Party’s Insurance Company
As your attorney, we can represent you to negotiate a settlement with the at-fault party’s insurance company. We may submit your claim and review the insurance adjuster’s offer. From there, we can help you decide if you should accept or reject the settlement offer.
File a Lawsuit Against the Responsible Party
If the insurance company or liable party does not accept your claim or cooperate with you, we may be able to take your case to court. You will receive full representation from a D. Miller & Associates, PLLC bicycle accident attorney throughout the litigation.
A bicycle accident lawyer in Missouri City, TX will fight for a fair settlement and help you pursue your case. You don’t have to fight the big insurance companies on your own. If you need legal assistance, contact our law firm at 713-850-8600.
What Is the Total Case Value of Your Claim?
It is impossible to establish the exact amount of you might be eligible for in compensation right now because there are several factors involved in your case. However, we can look at all of your damages to determine what you may be able to claim.
You may be eligible to receive compensation for the following:
Short- and Long-Term Medical Treatment
Your injuries may have required the following medical care:
- Emergency room treatment
- Recovery room stay in a medical facility
- Extensive rehabilitation to regain your strength
- Pain prescriptions or mobility devices
- Surgical procedures
Loss of Income
Did you miss work during your recovery period? Were you able to go back to work at all? If you lost income or future earning capacity, you may be entitled to recover part or all of your current or future pay.
In addition to medical expenses and lost wages, you may be able to claim other damages such as:
- Property damage
- Permanent disability
- Emotional trauma or depression
- Severe physical pain and suffering
- Loss of joy of living
Don’t Wait Until After the Two-Year Deadline
According to Texas law, there is a two-year statute of limitations from the date of the accident on all personal injury cases, including bicycle accidents.
That means you should not hesitate to move forward with your claim. If you miss the deadline, you may be disqualified from pursuing recovery for all of your losses.
D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Is Here to Help You With Your Case
- Miller & Associates, PLLC offers legal services for victims of personal injury cases. A bicycle accident lawyer in Missouri City, TX can meet with you and answer your legal questions.
Even if you are unsure whether you have a case, you owe it to yourself to explore your options and get the answers you need. Schedule a free case evaluation with one of our attorneys today by calling 713-850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Should I Do if I Notice Symptoms of Whiplash After a Car Accident?
- Am I Allowed To Sue if I Was a Passenger in a Car Accident in Texas?
- What You Should Do After A Dog Bite In Houston?
- How Do Personal Injury Lawyers Get Their Attorneys’ Fees in Texas?
- What Do I Do If I Was a Victim of Sexual Assault While in College?