If you or a loved one were hurt in a pedestrian accident, and another party was at fault, you may be entitled to a settlement to recover your medical expenses and other damages. A D. Miller & Associates, PLLC pedestrian accident attorney can discuss your case to help you discover your options and make a claim against the at-fault party.
With legal representation, you may win your case and receive the compensation you deserve for your injuries. Call us to schedule a free case evaluation: 713-850-8600.
Why You May Need to Hire a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Even if you are sure the other party is at fault for your injuries, you may want to hire a pedestrian accident lawyer in Missouri City, TX to help you with your case. Our law firm has worked with personal injury victims in a wide range of pedestrian accident cases:
- Traffic violations (speeding, the right of way, failure to yield, etc.)
- A car was driving too fast in school zones
- Parking lot accidents
- Commercial buses or trucks
- Backing up out of a driveway
- Poorly marked streets, crosswalks, or parking lots
We may be able to represent you if your accident is similar to the accidents above. Regardless of how someone hurt you, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC is ready to work with you and help you with your case.
Call us today at 713-850-8600 for a free consultation with a pedestrian accident attorney, even if you are not sure your accident qualifies.
Identifying the Liable Party for Your Pedestrian Accident
Which person or entity is responsible for your accident depends on several factors. How the accident happened and whose actions led directly to your injuries determines who you can hold responsible. That could be:
- A personal or commercial driver.
- The city road crew responsible for maintaining the streets and pedestrian markings, signs, or lights.
- A third-party or object that distracted the driver.
- An auto manufacturer that built a defective part.
- Shared liability between the driver and you.
How Our Law Firm Can Help You With Your Case
If you decide to take legal action against the liable party, you may want to seek legal services from a pedestrian accident lawyer in Missouri City, TX. Without legal representation, facing the responsible party, their insurance company, and their lawyer could be an uphill climb.
Our legal team can help you in the following ways:
Manage Your Entire Case
A D. Miller & Associates, PLLC pedestrian accident lawyer in Missouri, TX can handle your case in the following ways:
- Answer all your questions and help you understand the legal process.
- Organize and prepare all legal documents.
- Gather evidence of liability and case value.
- Engage with all relevant parties and legal entities on your behalf.
- Ensure that your case is handled in a legal and ethical manner.
- Keep you updated on all developments as they occur.
Negotiate a Fair Settlement
Insurance companies are often reluctant to accept a claim at face value. An adjuster will require documentation and proof of your claim. The insurance provider will review the case and either make an offer or reject your claim.
Our legal team can present the facts of the case based on evidence like police reports, eyewitness accounts, expert testimony, and medical records. We may then be able to negotiate a settlement with the insurance company on your behalf and pursue complete recovery of all your damages based on the facts of the accident and the value of your case.
File a Lawsuit Against the Liable Party
If the liable party denies fault or the insurance company rejects your claim, we can discuss other options, including filing a lawsuit and pursuing your case in court. A judge or jury will hear your case and make a decision.
A D. Miller & Associates, PLLC pedestrian accident lawyer in Missouri, TX will work hard to protect your rights under Texas law. When it comes to getting fair compensation for your injuries and financial losses, you don’t have to go it alone.
Call our law office today at 713-850-8600 to discuss the best way we can help you win your case.
How Much Compensation Can You Claim for Your Accident?
Several factors determine the value of your claim, such as the severity of your injuries, the nature of the accident, and the total liability of the party in question. Therefore, it is difficult to estimate the exact amount you might receive in compensation until we examine the facts of the case.
There are mainly two types of damages that you may be able to claim:
- Economic Damages
Economic damages include any type of financial loss or expense related to the accident such as:
- Medical bills
- Hospital bills
- Doctor appointments
- Physical therapy or rehabilitation
- Lost income, employee insurance, benefits, or retirement
- Lost earning capacity or the inability to continue to work
- Non-Economic Damages
Non-economic damages are not assigned a specific dollar value but may include life-altering damages such as:
- Severe pain, suffering, or trauma.
- Loss of consortium (damages to a spouse or family member), parenting, or companionship.
- Punitive damages for malicious or reckless behavior.
- Wrongful death, which compensates the surviving family.
File a Claim Before the Statute of Limitations Runs Out
The statute of limitations for a personal injury case in Texas is two years according to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code Title 2 § 16.033.
You have two years from the time of the accident to file a claim for your accident. If you miss the two-year deadline, you may no longer be able to legally file a claim or lawsuit against the liable party or their insurance company.
Therefore, you must file a claim before the statute of limitations ends.
We Are Here to Help You With Your Case
The lawyers at D. Miller & Associates, PLLC takes an aggressive approach to helping victims with their cases after a pedestrian accident. We utilize all resources and strategies necessary to help you after an accident.
Contact our law offices today at 713-850-8600 to schedule a free case evaluation with a pedestrian accident lawyer in Missouri City, TX.