Do you need legal representation for your slip and fall accident injury claim? A D. Miller & Associates, PLLC slip and fall lawyer in Missouri City, TX may be able to help you pursue recovery for all expenses and financial losses associated with your injuries. A slip and fall lawyer in Missouri City, TX helps victims receive the compensation they deserve from those who are responsible for their injuries.
To find out more about your legal options, call our law offices today at 713-850-8600 for a free consultation. We are here to answer any questions you may have such as what you should do after a slip and fall accident and what slip and fall injury cases are worth in Texas.
Ways That Someone’s Negligence Can Cause Your Injuries
Property owners have a responsibility to maintain a safe environment that is free of hazards that could cause injuries. They should mark any hazardous areas so that people know what to avoid.
Some of the most common fall hazards due to negligence include:
- Tears or other damage in flooring
- Rolled or damaged edges on rugs
- Warped, buckled, or uneven flooring
- Steps that contain no warning or markings
- Food, grease, or drink spills
- Blockage or clutter in walkways that causes a trip or fall
- Tracked-in water from rain, snow, or ice
- Lack of safety features such as handrails or ramps
- Inadequate lighting in dark areas that are hard to see
You may have a case that is identical or similar to the situations listed above. If so, then contact D. Miller & Associates, PLLC at 713-850-8600 to set up a free case evaluation. We fight for victims of slip and fall accidents.
Identifying Who Is Responsible for Your Slip and Fall Accident
One or more parties may be at fault for your injuries, including:
The Property Owner
An owner must make sure that the facility is free of hazards to protect all guests and visitors from injury. The owner’s negligence led to a hazardous situation that caused you harm.
The Business Operator
The manager did not establish safe practices or properly train the employees to maintain a safe property. If the lack of safe practices caused injury, the manager or operator could be liable.
Maintenance Contractor or Company
The property owner hired a maintenance company to perform work on the inside or outside of the property. The maintenance company did not follow safety standards or local or state building codes.
A Landlord or Renter
Either the landlord or tenant created a dangerous situation on the property. As a result, you sustained a severe injury and had to receive medical care.
If any of the above applies to you and someone else is at fault for your injuries in a slip and fall accident, D. Miller & Associates, PLLC may be able to help you establish fault, as well as determine the compensation you deserve.
Take advantage of our free legal consultation and get the answers you are seeking. Call us at 713-850-8600.
How D. Miller & Associates, PLLC Can Assist You With Your Case
As the victim in a premises liability case, your first concern is to seek medical treatment and receive compensation for all your medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages.
A D. Miller & Associates, PLLC attorney may be able to help you recover all your damages. Here are some ways we can provide legal aid for you:
- Manage your case throughout the claims process and file all paperwork.
- Fight for a fair settlement with the at-fault party’s insurance company.
- Act on your behalf in court if we pursue a lawsuit.
- Obtain evidence such as eyewitness accounts, police reports, or medical documents.
- Hire an expert witness who can verify liability and how the accident led to your injuries.
A slip and fall lawyer in Missouri City, TX will take every action possible to help you win your case and receive the fair compensation you deserve. A D. Miller & Associates, PLLC attorney can help lighten the legal burden you may be feeling by representing you and managing your case throughout the litigation process.
What Types of Damages Can a Slip and Fall Attorney Recover?
Several factors determine the value of your case and what losses you can claim. The primary consideration is how the accident caused both your economic and non-economic damages.
Although it is difficult to estimate the exact amount of your claim, our attorneys can meet with you to explore your options and determine what damages you may be able to recover. Losses and damages you may have suffered include:
- Emergency care and ambulance transportation
- Surgical procedures and extended hospital stay
- Rehabilitation or physical therapy
- Lost wages, benefits, or future earning capacity
- Severe pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium, loss of quality of life, or severe depression
Mind the Texas Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury
The state of Texas allows a two-year statute of limitations on all personal injury cases, including premises liability, under Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code, Title 2 § 16.033.
Therefore, if you received injuries in a slip and fall accident in Missouri City, TX, you must file a claim or a lawsuit before the deadline, or you may no longer be eligible to recover your losses.
Contact us Today for Legal Assistance in Missouri City, TX
If you are seeking the help of a slip and fall lawyer in Missouri City, TX through this difficult time, contact D. Miller & Associates, PLLC. Our legal team is here to represent you and help you with your case.
Call us right now for a free consultation: 713-850-8600.
Related Frequently Asked Questions
- What Should You Do If You Were Injured in A Hit and Run Accident in Texas?
- What Is The Most Common Cause Of Motorcycle Accidents?
- Does Texas Have a Statute Of Limitations For Personal Injury Claims?
- What You Should Do After A Dog Bite In Houston?
- How Much Is Your Dog Bite Injury Case Worth In Texas?